The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons land on Nintendo Switch Online today

maxresdefault.jpg

Nintendo has just dropped two new titles onto the NSO service. As of tonight you can now play The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons on your Nintendo Switch system. Both titles were developed by a Capcom subsidiary and released for the Game Boy Color in 2001.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Belter games. Beat Seasons on 3DS VC but never got around to finishing Ages. Might play through it and then replay Seasons with the password to continue the game.

Honestly it’s wild there was a period of time where we got TWO great Zelda games releasing together that are both bangers and complement each other. I’d love to see Pokémon get a bit more creative with its dual releases, but given how long they’ve been the same I doubt it’ll happen.

Having said all of that, I guess Fire Emblem Fates is the more modern take on this kind of formula.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the best video games ever produced hands down, glad more people will get to experience these classics

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
These are my favorite 2D Zeldas and contenders for favorite of the series. Not a popular opinion I’m sure! These and Majora I feel most successfully hit the sweet spot of having dungeons that are little-puzzles-in-a-big-puzzle, as opposed to one room after another room after another room.

Reactions: x65943

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In what order should I play them to get the best ending?
Any order you want.
Just that Oracle of Ages is heavily focused in Time Travel Puzzles to progress and reach dungeons and recover items, and Oracle of Seasons is focused in Action, so it's like Link's Awakening.

Both of them has the same ending with the link/password game.

If you don't want to finish one to get the password for the other, create a SECRETS file with the following password:

NNNNN NNNNN
NNNNN NNNNN

You can replace some of those for the following simbols: [Square] [Left Arrow] [Spades] [ B ] [Heart]
Each one offers a different glitched "Name" but the result is the same.

Last edited by JuanMena,

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I had both owned The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons for my old Nintendo Gameboy Color. I love both Zelda games. For Nintendo Switch then no thanks due to digital only. Remember Nintendo kill support off Nintendo Shop on Nintendo Wii and eShop on Nintendo Wii U/3DS means people can't get their games back. It will happen to Nintendo Switch to drop support on eShop next few years and Nintendo will force people to buy new hardware. I know digital games are worst ever know to face a lot of problems later in near future. I always stick with physical copy of games over lousy digital games on eShop.

Reactions: zetsu and Bladexdsl

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I just started playing Ages on the Zelda Game & Watch like a normal person.

View attachment 385396

I didn't play these games back in the day, but the fact that they're in the same engine as the one Zelda game I did play in my youth (LADX) means my nostalgia button is getting pressed nicely.
I played Oracle of Seasons when I was a kid, but not Ages, because I thought it was like Pokémon Red and Blue and they were the same game with slight differences only 🙃

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...