Nintendo Direct - June 18, 2024 - new Mario Party, Mario & Luigi game, and more

lolchette.png

That's right! It's time for the Summer showcase you've all been waiting for. A Nintendo Direct is about to air, bringing us 40 minutes of Nintendo Switch content. The event will start roughly an hour after this thread goes live, so stick around and enjoy the coverage when the broadcast airs, and share your thoughts on all the announcements. If you're not able to tune in, don't worry, because we'll summarize everything below!

Pacific Time, PT * PDT (UTC -7) 07:00
Central Time, CT * CDT (UTC -5) 09:00
Eastern Time, ET * EDT (UTC -4) 10:00
Central European Summer Time, CET CET (UTC +2) 16:00
London, United Kingdom *(UTC +1) 15:00

:arrow: YouTube Link / Twitch Link

Here we go.

It's Mario & Luigi time. Quirky dialogue, Bowser, new minigames, and the combat system you've come to expect. Mario & Luigi Brothership is out November 7th.

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition launches July 18, and features ghost data where you can compete for the best level clearing times in classic games.

Fairy Tail is getting a game. It's an action-RPG. It'll be out this Winter.

Fantasian is a new turn-based RPG from the creator of Final Fantasy. The unique gameplay in this one focuses on sending enemies to different dimensions to fight later, and positioning skills to chain kills. This holiday.

Nintendo Switch Sports is getting basketball as free DLC. Local and online play. Will be out this Summer.

Mio: Memories of Orbit is a 2D adventure game.

Disney Illusion Island is getting a new update. You'll need to solve a mystery case in this level. Out later today.

Hello Kitty Island Adventure is here to excite us all. It's an open-world Hello Kitty game. Timed Switch exclusive next year.

The Looney Tunes are back in a new sports game. Wacky World of Sports will release this Fall.

Among Us is getting a new crewmate and imposter role. Now there's trackers, and invisibility. Out later today.

Our first farm-like is here. There's dragons and monster raising, where you plant the monsters and then harvest them into living creatures that you can level up. Farmagia is out November 1st.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is getting a port. Will include the 3DS bonus levels. Jan 16.

Dragon Quest is the next focus. Dragon Quest III is getting an HD-2D remake. Re-experience it November 14th.

That's not all; DQ 1+2 2D HD is coming out next year as well.

Funko Fusion has all sorts of licensed characters in a 3D adventure game. There's 60 famous POPs to play as from various pop culture media. Sept 13.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is here, with a launch of June 27.

The New Denpa Men brings you a quirky RPG adventure. 4 player local coop. Free to play, timed Switch exclusive July 27.

Metal Slug Attack Reloaded is a tower defense version of Metal Slug.

Darkest Dungeon II. July 15.

NSO is adding the GBA version of LoZ: Link to the Past Four Swords, Metroid: Zero Mission. Turok and Perfect Dark are coming to the N64 library, now with online multiplayer. Available later today.

Phantom Brave: The Lost Hero is a new game in the series. It's turn-based tactical gameplay. 2025.

Seven different Capcom games. MvC 2: New Age of Heroes, The Punisher, X-Men VS Street Fighter, and more. Launches this year.

Back to Nintendo IPs. Super Mario Party: Jamboree. New boards, and old boards will be in. Over 110 minigames. There's a 20-player online battle mode. Koopathalon. October 17.

We've got another Zelda remake in the style of Link's Awakening. This one stars Zelda. Echoes of Wisdom. Nintendo wanted a new gameplay style. Rifts have captured residents of Hyrule, including Link. Zelda uses the Tri-rod instead of the sword. You can create echoes of items to recreate them anywhere. You can create tables or boxes to help you climb walls. Fighting enemies have you creating echoes of monsters to fight other monsters with. September 26.

There will be a Zelda themed Switch Lite.

Just Dance. October.

LEGO Horizon Adventures is coming to the Switch. Holiday 2024.

Stray is being ported to the Switch. Holiday.

Tales of the Shire: A Lord of the Rings Game. You can decorate your home, solve puzzles, and farm.

Ace Attorney Investigations 1+2 is getting officially translated. September 6.

100 Line Last Defense Academy is from the Danganronpa creator, and will be out next year. It's an RPG.

SaGa is coming to Switch. The combat system has been updated. You can change the course of the story with choices. Romancing Saga 2 Revenge of the Seven is out Oct 24.

The finale is...

Yep, it's Metroid Prime 4: Beyond. 2025.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
even without switch 2 that was actually a fantastic direct. new mario and luigi, a new mario party that looked pretty good, a new 2d zelda game, METROID PRIME 4 AT LONG LAST. genuinely one of the best directs in a long time for me personally.
I'm with you on this one. No specific interest in half the announcements but just to see it so full is really cool. Plenty in the pipeline yet!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition
Nintendo Switch Sports is getting basketball as free DLC.
Dragon Quest is the next focus. Dragon Quest III is getting an HD-2D remake. Re-experience it November 14th.

That's not all; DQ 1+2 2D HD is coming out next year as well.
Super Mario Party: Jamboree
We've got another Zelda remake in the style of Link's Awakening. This one stars Zelda. Echoes of Wisdom.
Metroid Prime 4
Those were the things I quite liked and am looking forward to.

I didn't expect anything from this Direct as it was probably the last one before the Switch's successor so I'm not disappointed.

I still have to say Nintendo Switch Sports is still a joke compared to its predecessor (!!!) Wii Sports Resort. Even a direct port (not even a remake/remaster) or Resort would have been better than what we got with Switch Sports Sports. I'll gladly take the free update though.

As for Dragon Quest 3... did the director say it's best to be played in this order?
DQ3 -> DQ1 -> DQ2? If so, why? Never played any DQ mainline game before DQ7.

thunderboy17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This direct was full of promising stuff. I hate the fact they dilute it with crappy 3rd party licensed shit but whatever.
Mario & Luigi never got my interest, but this new title looks really fun, I like how the style translated into 3D.
Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition seems like a good idea to recycle old games.
Fantasian looks interesting, at least mechanically.
Really happy for Donkey Kong Country Returns getting ported to Switch. My first DK game :lol:
The Dragon Quest remakes look amazing, I'm glad the rumors were true and we're getting the full trilogy. I always wanted to play them but I can't stand old RPGs shenanigans and the modern ports looked cheap to me, I'm definitely buying them day one.
The new Zelda looks amazing! I'm surprised it took them this long to have Zelda as a protagonist (unless I forgot something) They should've called it The Legend of Link:P
Very excited for Ace Attorney Investigations 1+2, I love the fact you can use the og pixel art, I hope they add it as feature on the Trilogy too.
My only regret is not being a hardcore Metroid fan, anyone into Metroid is probably having the hardest orgasm of all time right now.

Last edited by thunderboy17,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not many hits on the bingo card
facebook_1718680172334_7208667121544796638.jpg

Tho a couple of things could have counted as farming.

I'm sad they didn't announce Prime 2 & 3, guess I might have to bust out the wee you after all. Still, fuck yeah Prime 4, looks beautiful.

Excited for the Zelda game, looks fun. I'm glad they didn't "just" use the engine for Oracle remakes, tho those would have been a nice addition, I've been happy playing the originals lately.

Four Swords with online play would be interesting if I could get friends together for it, preferably locally but I guess online chat is a thing. How many players do you actually need for it, can you make do with 2 or 3?

RPGs aren't my thing but new Mario & Luigi looked fun and well done, same with Mario Party.

Haven't played DKC, might be fun.

Overall, great direct.

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most curious about new M&L and new isometric Zelda.

I wonder if they'll address the slowdown performance issues that plagued Link's Awakening using UE4.

..Maybe the Splatoon 3 / Nintendo Switch Sports engine?

solitonmedic

Double Trouble
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not many hits on the bingo card
View attachment 442981
Tho a couple of things could have counted as farming.

I'm sad they didn't announce Prime 2 & 3, guess I might have to bust out the wee you after all. Still, fuck yeah Prime 4, looks beautiful.

Excited for the Zelda game, looks fun. I'm glad they didn't "just" use the engine for Oracle remakes, tho those would have been a nice addition, I've been happy playing the originals lately.

Four Swords with online play would be interesting if I could get friends together for it, preferably locally but I guess online chat is a thing. How many players do you actually need for it, can you make do with 2 or 3?

RPGs aren't my thing but new Mario & Luigi looked fun and well done, same with Mario Party.

Haven't played DKC, might be fun.

Overall, great direct.

Four Swords is playable even with just two players.

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sad no oracles remakes and no primes remasters either...

also.. how many mario party does a console need ? ..

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some of you need to learn how to read. What part of "There will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during this presentation." is difficult to understand?
I agree. Every time something from Nintendo comes out, people are like "WHERE'S SWITCH 2?", "SWITCH 2 FINALLY!!!" or "SWITCH 2 IS COMING!!!!!!"...

The Switch 1 still has its good time. Sure, it won't be long before it'll get discontinued, but come on.

Reactions: ChronosNotashi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anyone here?