The Switch Has No Soul.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch feels so corporate, no music, barely any sound, mii maker is hidden away. The menu is bland as hell, no themes no nothing. It just feels like it has no soul at all when u compare it to something like the 3ds. Nintendo could have done so much better with their console and they decided to make something so bland.

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol yes. Thats why I always wonder why people cry about the themes. Like dude, it takes like max 10 seconds (if you're a slow poke) to just click and boot the game
Sometimes I like just staying in the menus. The Wii U menu felt cozy, 3DS felt sleek and cool, PS2 felt mysterious, and Wii felt like a TV.

The switch has no charm whatsoever. I really don't care if a menu's only purpose is just to "launch games", that doesn't excuse not putting in any effort into making a menu that has charm.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not just the home menu itself but honestly most of the exclusive games on the Switch have become soulless and empty. Coupled with following shit trends like microtransactions and paid online services that don’t even compare to others of the same price. Nintendo has seriously become more soulless over the years. Which is why you should hack your systems, pirate/mod your games, and make your own fun

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sometimes I like just staying in the menus. The Wii U menu felt cozy, 3DS felt sleek and cool, PS2 felt mysterious, and Wii felt like a TV.

The switch has no charm whatsoever. I really don't care if a menu's only purpose is just to "launch games", that doesn't excuse not putting in any effort into making a menu that has charm.
Less shit to eat the battery! Yaaay!

Reactions: Blythe93

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're that bored that you want to stare at the homescreen then maybe find something to do
its not that its just compared to the previous generation consoles the switch seemed lackluster on features
Post automatically merged:

exactly, the switch didnt have effort, and they make u pay to play online.
Post automatically merged:

Not just the home menu itself but honestly most of the exclusive games on the Switch have become soulless and empty. Coupled with following shit trends like microtransactions and paid online services that don’t even compare to others of the same price. Nintendo has seriously become more soulless over the years. Which is why you should hack your systems, pirate/mod your games, and make your own fun
nintendo could have done so much more with the switch to make it better, but they failed.

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
It's just people that never used the OG Xbox or the Gamecube. They were as soul less as the Switch is.
I've never owned a OG Xbox or GC, but just went to look up their menus and they're already miles better than what the Switch has. in what world would they be considered as soulless as the switch's menu??????????????

Here's the GC menu in case you've never seen it before:

And here's the Switch's menu for comparison:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright