Nintendo announces the Nintendo Switch Lite

After months of rumours and leaks, Nintendo have finally confirmed the existence of the Nintendo Switch Lite. It's a device dedicated to handheld play, rather than the usual hybrid nature of the Nintendo Switch. It releases on the 20th of September It will come in three different colours at launch—yellow, grey, and blue. Nintendo states that it supports all Nintendo Switch software that allows handheld play.[prebreak][/prebreak]

In addition to the three colours of Nintendo Switch Lite available at launch, Nintendo will release a limited Nintendo Switch Lite Zacian & Zamazenta Edition console on 8th November, featuring stylish cyan and magenta buttons and illustrations of the two new Legendary Pokémon from the upcoming Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games
:arrow: Source
:arrow: More information

Attachments

• switch lite.png
    switch lite.png
    415 KB · Views: 204
  • Swlite.png
    Swlite.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 104

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
Now the people on the fence about getting the switch...has no excuse...now in color! I bet the "Pro" switch model will be announced later this year. If so I will trade mine for that.

wait...does they fix the analog drift problem? *IT DOES NOT HAVE TV MODE* wow... nope nvm what I said

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Basically like the 2DS, they removed some features which many didn't use much or any, so assuming it's capabilities are pretty much the same, with a lower price, it would be very successful!

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the battery life will be better than the original Switch.
The comparison chart Nintendo released claims you get "up to 6 hours" of normal play time that "varies" depending on the software which is the same as the normal Switch. Though they then go on to claim that BOTW could get approximately 3 hours on a normal Switch, and 4 hours on a Lite Switch, so who the fuck knows? Probably a minimal battery life increase at best is my guess, since their "3 hours" claim for the original is BS anyways.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Soz but Nintendo hav messed up as nothing to do with switching - just buy the original and play the games how ment to played

Reactions: Payne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...