Nintendo announces the Nintendo Switch Lite

After months of rumours and leaks, Nintendo have finally confirmed the existence of the Nintendo Switch Lite. It's a device dedicated to handheld play, rather than the usual hybrid nature of the Nintendo Switch. It releases on the 20th of September It will come in three different colours at launch—yellow, grey, and blue. Nintendo states that it supports all Nintendo Switch software that allows handheld play.[prebreak][/prebreak]

In addition to the three colours of Nintendo Switch Lite available at launch, Nintendo will release a limited Nintendo Switch Lite Zacian & Zamazenta Edition console on 8th November, featuring stylish cyan and magenta buttons and illustrations of the two new Legendary Pokémon from the upcoming Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games
:arrow: Source
:arrow: More information

Attachments

• switch lite.png
    switch lite.png
    415 KB · Views: 203
  • Swlite.png
    Swlite.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 103

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well colour me shocked!!!!.....

..... Where’s the sarcasm button :P

Having said that, I always said I wouldn’t buy the Mini, or as we now know it, Lite version of the Switch.

But the bastards have put a proper D-Pad on it, if they don’t release a JoyCon with a D-Pad, I might end up having to buy this bloody Lite version :angry:

It’s not much smaller, its not much lighter, so it had better be a damn sight cheaper, otherwise what’s the point?........

....... So, $100 cheaper, slightly tempting, might pick one up second hand in the future if it’s cheap enough.

Last edited by Stwert,

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's clear that Nintendo creates gimmicks to lure in early buyers, then when everyone's comfortable, they shit out a cookie cutter design, touting all the GAMES that the early adopters got made by investing in the console. People buy the cheaper, less interesting console, developers abandon the older, more unique design and its features for the big blue ocean, and we get another console, a shittier console than the competition. Because, of course, what Nintendo needed the year before next gen Sony and Microsoft consoles hit is to be more generic.
Are you stupid?
More than 95% of Switch games will be compatible with Switch Lite.
Don't tell me you loved Mario Party, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee or 1-2 Switch.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cnet article says it's using a more energy-efficient processor. Which likely means that it's that marachel one that was found in the firmware, guess we'll have to wait a while longer before they give us the pro version.

Source

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you stupid?
Are you stupid I want 100% playable switch games just ridiculous buying an inferior machine

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you stupid?
Are you stupid?
I wasn't talking about compatibility, I was saying that future games won't take advantage of the unique concept of the Switch anymore, because the userbase will be split. This has happened twice before at this point.

i also liked all those games, don't know why i wouldn't

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So, they've taken what made the Switch a preferred console and said "forget it"... No removable controllers. No dock support. HD rumble, which was useless anyways, is gone. Hm. If they had a nice catalog of virtual console titles, this would be interesting.. However, there's still no proper ergonomics to the system.. And what the hell is with the colors? Come on...

...but at least there's an actual D pad! :rolleyes:

Last edited by Kioku,

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
- seems like a Nintendo version of PSVita?
- should be called "Static" instead of Switch Lite since you can't dock it for TV play.
- IMO the main selling point of a Switch is the combination of portability and docking for a home console experience. why remove that?
- will wait for an UPgraded version which has more battery, better bluetooth capabilities and more processing power.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No thanks. I am fine with my Nintendo Switch for TV and for outside (I rarely use it for outside anyway) This is 3DS wannabe. I will ignored it. Don't liked it! I will wait for Nintendo Switch PRO rumour to be for the next year.

inch smaller screen
CANT DOCK IT
Won't be hackable
Only 30 minute battery upgrade
CANT ADJUST THE BRIGHTNESS

It's trash lol

It will be hackable.. IT WILL!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't appear to have a kickstand so I doubt they would support external controllers since how would you even use them?
It mentioned needing separate joycons for games like 1-2 Switch... So I can imagine they you're able to sync controllers..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1