Nintendo announces the Nintendo Switch Lite

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Daisy, Jul 10, 2019.

1. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    It is too subtle for the untrained blind.

2. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Damn. Really am glad I went with the Mariko Switch this last weekend to replace my clean Switch. If Nintendo were to ever make Joy-Cons that have this issue fixed, at the very least, it's easier to replace a pair of Joy-Cons than learning Soldering Fu!

3. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    I see that the camera rotates, but isn't the person itself moving the right joystick slightly more to the left? For that kind of amount of movement I see an expected input (camera rotates) which also automatically stops when the take out his finger.

Explain it please. ^^

4. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    It's moving by itself, there is no question or discussion about it.

5. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    When the stick is pushed, the camera moves to the left starkly.
    When the pushing ceases, the camera doesn't stop completely, it still keeps moving to the left softly. This is a symptom of drifting.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Sep 24, 2019
  6. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Hmm. I watched it multiple times and I still doesn't see the camera moving was caused by drifting. It okay though, probably a problem on my part. I may have some drifting too if this can be called as one.

Explain why the camera stops moving as soon as he moves his finger back, where the joystick also moves to its original position. This thing can be discussed, no? Though maybe stop posting if you don't want to discuss anything instead of by a hypocrite.

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    the issue with drifting is sometimes when you release the joystick isntead of the joystick going back to the neutral position it stays at like 0,1 position which still moves, sometimes it does go back to the original position, this is an hardware error, and games that rely on this for specifiq moves like smash bros you would do a side jab just by doing a normal jab becuase the side is still reading and so oon, on games like botw it doesnt affect much becuase is just camera control and such.

its all about when sometimes the joystick when not being pushed doesnt go back to zero but stays at 0,1 or whatever and keeps registing.

8. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    You are the only one that doesn't see anything.

9. AceX

AceX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2019
    United Kingdom
    3bfvxj.

sarkwalvein likes this.
  10. stephrk398

stephrk398 GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2018
    United States
    Huh? We watching the same video? Whatever the case, the camera should stop and remain still when he lets go of the right thumbstick. The fact that he can 'trigger' it doesn't mean it's behaving properly.

11. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Whatever. I already said that the camera does stop still as soon as he lets go of the joystick from what I see. With higher sensitivity camera setup the expected input from the camera moving by his touch is normal to me. My BOTW Switch works that way as well.

Maybe I've only seen the worse case of drifting and this, I don't that know that can be called a drift.

12. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    if you look closely on the begining of the video the camera is moving too, he only puts the finger there after, as soon as the video starts look at the background and you can see the camera is rotating slowly.

13. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    Is it a limited or a special edition?