ROM Hack Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi - Translation Project

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
To edit the subtitles you don't need to use any specific tool, just extract them (they are in the movie folder) and use a text editor that support SJIS encoding (you can try with Tinke, Notepad++, pnotepad...).

If you want to see the text from the other files, you need to have one of the lastest version of Tinke, open the game, and go to /data/Event/Quest, /data/Event/System and /data/Event/Scenario

T3Petition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To edit the subtitles you don't need to use any specific tool, just extract them (they are in the movie folder) and use a text editor that support SJIS encoding (you can try with Tinke, Notepad++, pnotepad...).

If you want to see the text from the other files, you need to have one of the lastest version of Tinke, open the game, and go to /data/Event/Quest, /data/Event/System and /data/Event/Scenario

What files? :)

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Good but there is the problem that there is officialy nobody that is working on it (not even me! )

I saw your test video. What tool did you use?
I am sorry but if you want to help with a translation but your level is "What tool I use to open a .txt?", then forget it.
You are more a heavy ball chained on somebody leg more than an help.

Reactions: 3 people

T3Petition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You are here only for criticize and by now even you aren't so productive; This thread was dead since 10 days before my first post, and people like you (probably a nerd hidden behind a personal computer) now return for breaking balls and criticize. I repeat that I'm not talking with you. Bye.

ouioui2003

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are here only for criticize and by now even you aren't so productive; This thread was dead since 10 days before my first post, and people like you (probably a nerd hidden behind a personal computer) now return for breaking balls and criticize. I repeat that I'm not talking with you. Bye.

Maybe it could be a good test for you to re-start really this project, perform some hacks and do a video as proof of concept.
If you think you can do great things, and proove it, probably there will be other guys (maybe me, but not now, sorry) to help you on that.
Personaly, i buy games, (especially those i'm translating), and ninokuni's box and book are really beautiful objects to have in a collection, even in jap.
And DS is dead, it will be interesting to have it before it's desapear from the market.

If someone who have perform something on that game want to give to the community all the work allready done, it could be easier.
Even if the message is: "Take that, i'm washing my hands of what you can do with it".
And if there is nothing to grab, just consider to redo all.

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi guys!

I was working again with some text files, and there is ony byte/symbol in "Scenario.dat" that I don't understand.
These are some strings:
マークに話
はな
しかけてみよう!
広場
ひろば
に行

こう!
where &#x1 replace the byte 0x01. What can it mean?

PD: the game works fine with Desmume.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

I was working again with some text files, and there is ony byte/symbol in "Scenario.dat" that I don't understand.
These are some strings:
マークに話
はな
しかけてみよう!
広場
ひろば
に行

こう!
where &#x1 replace the byte 0x01. What can it mean?

0x01 marks kanji that has furigana. And the furigana itself is quoted with 0x0A.

マークに[01]話[0A]はな[0A]しかけてみよう!

The text should appear as
マークに話しかけてみよう!
where you have はな as a small text over 話.

P.S. I didn't really try it but I think it should be like this as far as I remember.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks :)
I thought that but, as in the other files the furigana appears like I was confusing.

There isn't much work left, only export/import SQ files and fix some problems with the script editor.
You're welcome. Maybe this text is output to different kind of textbox, I guess.
(I haven't really played the game though.)

T3Petition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you pleonex, I admire you for your work ;)

EDIT: Can I edit the fonts only with the mouse or there is an automatic way to do this?

T3Petition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Sorry for the double post.
I'm going to translate every graphic fonts and movies plus quests from 1 to 100 to Italian. I'm not able to edit correctly the file "font10". I'm using your Tinke tool and the problem is: 1) How can I open a quest file?
2) I can't "SAVE ROM", this give me an error, so for now I'm extracting the edited files. How can I solve this problem?
Thanks

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
There is an easy way to solve all your problems, let the game alone because it's outside you ability.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Fell free to do it. Tinke is still bugged and at least half of the text in that game isn't supported by Tinke as well as the compressed graphics in the game. There is alot of text outside those folders nominated above as well so I believe you will not get very far like this.

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thank you pleonex, I admire you for your work ;)

EDIT: Can I edit the fonts only with the mouse or there is an automatic way to do this?
Yeah, the only way it's editing the chars pixels by pixels with the mouse.

I'm going to translate every graphic fonts and movies plus quests from 1 to 100 to Italian. I'm not able to edit correctly the file "font10". I'm using your Tinke tool and the problem is: 1) How can I open a quest file?
2) I can't "SAVE ROM", this give me an error, so for now I'm extracting the edited files. How can I solve this problem?
Thanks
Are you using the version from the web page? It was very bugged, but the last one are very stable, here is:
Tinke rev135
we aren't getting any problem with it and it works very well for the spanish translation.
By the moment you can only view the quest file, not edit them, I suggest you to start with the images and subtitles of the movies. I don't know what problems do you have, can you give me more details?, anyway try with this version and tell me.

Fell free to do it. Tinke is still bugged and at least half of the text in that game isn't supported by Tinke as well as the compressed graphics in the game. There is alot of text outside those folders nominated above as well so I believe you will not get very far like this.
The compressed graphics are full supported, if you can't unpack / decompress them is because you aren't using the last versions.

T3Petition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you using the version from the web page? It was very bugged, but the last one are very stable, here is:
Tinke rev135
we aren't getting any problem with it and it works very well for the spanish translation.
By the moment you can only view the quest file, not edit them, I suggest you to start with the images and subtitles of the movies. I don't know what problems do you have, can you give me more details?, anyway try with this version and tell me.

I'm using Tinke 0.8.2.0. Yeah, I'm going to edit the chars pixels by pixels with the mouse, thanks.
Have you some advices to give me about the better way for you to impost the chars sequence? (in what order sostitute jap char with eur)

My problem is that when I edit or remove one or more chars/graphics, I can't save the rom and the program give me the error: Generata eccezione di tipo 'SistemOutOfMemoryException'

DETAILS:
Le informazioni su come richiamare il debug JIT (Just-In-Time) anziché questa finestra
sono riportate in fondo al messaggio.
************** Testo dell'eccezione **************
System.OutOfMemoryException: Generata eccezione di tipo 'System.OutOfMemoryException'.
in System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String path)
in Tinke.Sistema.btnSaveROM_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Debug JIT **************
Per attivare il debug JIT, è necessario impostare il valore
jitDebugging nella sezione system.windows.forms del file di configurazione
dell'applicazione o del computer (machine.config).
L'applicazione inoltre deve essere compilata con il debug
attivato.

Ad esempio:

Quando il debug JIT è attivato, tutte le eccezioni non gestite
vengono inviate al debugger JIT registrato nel computer,
anziché essere gestite da questa finestra di dialogo.

I will try the lastest version and I will tell you.

AihanKaidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had read them, NDS versione never see the localization but only PS3. Are two different version on two different console. The problem of the Magic Book is solvable.

Wait the PS3 version means wait 9 months, and NDS and PS3 version aren't the same. In internet and on youtube I saw subtitleted parts of game, also separeted menu's translation; the problem is put them in the game and here we need a programmer. If we wait 9 mounth you don't think that the translation will come out too late from the launch of NDS game? We can wait to fix it but wait, copying from the PS3 version is dangerous because they are different version and we will copy the same that we can find already on the web, Sorry for my bad english :)
The problem here isn't a programming issue. There just aren't enough translators here who knows Osaka-ben and have the game with the book.
So thing is...Osaka-ben can be weird, but it's not completely beyond translation. It shouldn't really stand much obstacle to translating the entire game. I'm shaky with it, not having talked to anyone from the area in a while, but I could still cover it fairly well. I just don't want anyone to assume Shizuku's Kansai flavor to be a translating dealbreaker. We can still do this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/UxksoExrJB0?si=8EumplGLubjnxheU