Hacking NinjaPass X9TF is Almost Ready to Ship!

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fifth just wondering why you feel strongly about this product?

I guess it's because he's getting a sample of it and the NinjaPass people asked him to promote their product sorta like
how GBATemp made a DS-X forum months before it came out (probably due to them striking a deal to get their hands
on a sample right off the bat)

Yea... I really hope that is not the case..

Wait a minute, I'm not for sale by any company. If the NinjaPass blows I'll report is and I'll have no qualms doing so. My interest in the new NinjaPass product is in its specs and abilities as the product seems to be ready for release and everything looks very polished. Like I had said before, for $50 bucks it’s not a bad deal either way and if it is able to do half of what’s they claim it will be one hell of a flashcart. That being said I also am very interested in the AceKard but since they are mainly a Chinese manufacturer (as it looks so far) I think I would be inclined to get better service and support from the NinjaPass team. Hey, when the SuperCard Rumble came out I said how I felt (Gimmick to hold us until the Slot 1 devices).

I believe, and so do many others such as yyjoy.com, that the technology of many flashcarts, including the NinjaPass X9TF/AceKard, are shared. It was done with the Ultra FlashPass and NinjaPass products and it’s done regularly with Nopass devices such as the SuperKey/PassCard3. I also believe that the technology is shared by one manufacturer, to keep costs low, but what that company chooses to do with it is up to the individual company. As with the NinjaPass/Ultra FlashPass products of the past I think they were inferior. I think the claims made by the original creating company were false which is why the blame fell on the end companies such as NinjaPass and NDSGBA. I'm not saying that makes it right but if the technology was bad and wasn't capable of doing what was said they figured they should cut their losses and move on which is what both companies did. The NinjaPass team started the X9TF while the Ultra team created the Ultra FlashPass EX 1.0G and what looks to be the NDS 1:1.

I also think that maybe even the NinjaDS team (Ninja DS Sticky/ U-Shaped) has even bought into the new product and what we might be seeing as the Ninja DS Micro may be just another clone. I think that since the AceKard requires patched ROMs means nothing as they just went another way with their format to increase performance or features. I'm not saying all of these products are clones but probably many of the components are pre-made and put together already made for that company while that company then chooses how to go about marketing the device and working on software.

I'm excited about the prospects of the new M3/G6 and SuperCard products too but they seem farther off and out of reach. I think we'll probably hear some news from the G6 DS soon, as new of the SuperCard DS and EWIN3 have already been released. I'm curious to see what the possibilities hold for the Slot 1 flashcart and what the manufacturers can do with the technology. But I can tell you by looking at all of these new slot 1 devices I know that the prices are going to be low and the DS-X team is going to have to re-think their approach. Right now the DS-X is sitting high and mighty as they are the only cat in town but once something like the NinjaPass or AceKard arrive users will re-think that almost $130 purchase. We should all be excited as these next gen flashcarts have some great possibilities!

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Here here!

I agree with you Fifth.

Folks, in a nutshell, Fifth is saying he's excited about what's coming. He seems to have a preference for the NinjaPass X9TF, as some of you have preferences to other carts/cards.

Truly guys, size doesn't matter either, if it really doesn't matter to you. If you're content with 512MBs of space, so be it, if not, wait and see or get a great slot 2 loader like the M3. Decent DS compatibility, GBA support, and of course plently of room via SD support.

Guys, you can't sway an opinon. You can give your opinion, and give your insight, but you can't be "wrong" with an opinion, it's preference.

So, Fifth, back on subject!
bow.gif

Any idea when you'll get your hands on one of these for a review? I'm getting itchy!

-Cache

D

Deleted User

I believe, and so do many others such as yyjoy.com, that the technology of many flashcarts, including the NinjaPass X9TF/AceKard, are shared. It was done with the Ultra FlashPass and NinjaPass products and it’s done regularly with Nopass devices such as the SuperKey/PassCard3. I also believe that the technology is shared by one manufacturer, to keep costs low, but what that company chooses to do with it is up to the individual company. As with the NinjaPass/Ultra FlashPass products of the past I think they were inferior. I think the claims made by the original creating company were false which is why the blame fell on the end companies such as NinjaPass and NDSGBA. I'm not saying that makes it right but if the technology was bad and wasn't capable of doing what was said they figured they should cut their losses and move on which is what both companies did. The NinjaPass team started the X9TF while the Ultra team created the Ultra FlashPass EX 1.0G and what looks to be the NDS 1:1.FifthE1ementÂ
yaynds.gif
I don't want to offend you, and I'm aware that this is slightly off topic, but to get things cleared you should know that NDSGBA actually is the developer of the Ultra FlashPass Cards and that the NinjaPass Jr. Cards were licensed from them as OEM (same with NinjaPass Media Launcher which was also manufactured by NDSGBA).
NDSGBA sure is a strange company and they still advertise the old Ultra FlashPass 512M on their site, though it's not sold anymore (at least not by minionlinestore, which was their only distributor). The horrible support for the UFP 512M is what leads me to disbelieve the promises they make for their Ultra FlashPass EX 1.0G series. Although I don't think that NDS 1:1 is the same as the UFPEX 1.0G because it's only sold with 256Mb and 512Mb (I'm not sure if you just meant the technology behind those devices, though).

If the X9TF is licensed from another company then NDSGBA (or maybe even developed by themselves) the future will tell what it really delivers. I'm still curious about this, though I wouldn't buy one because I don't like to mess with microSD cards. But that's only personal preference!
yaynds.gif

Cliffius

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't realize my comments would spawn such anger, haha.

But all this did answer my question. I'm not interested in my DS playing movies or music, so that criticism against the DS-X doesn't affect me.

Now it comes to price. I exaggerated my claim of the NinjaPass being 1/2 the price, but it is still a lot cheaper. So I will hold off on my DS-X purchase until I see a review of the asecard and this card.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Promoting a product and giving a bad review are two totally different things..

It's like previewing a game giving it a good spin until they review it and rate the game an mediocre 5/10 or an awesome 9.5/10 with the full details about the game's mechanics.. All to please the people who give them samples
wink.gif

I think the problem with this is the impending people boarding the hype train by preordering..

Dexther

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the noob...
dont say the different from "good dump" end "bad dump"

In the age of Clear Roms loader (end becouse are not necesary a patch for single file)
the fount of the GOOD DUMP are Impossibile to reach (are a belive in fomouse roms emule site ?)

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
If the X9TF is licensed from another company then NDSGBA (or maybe even developed by themselves) the future will tell what it really delivers. I'm still curious about this, though I wouldn't buy one because I don't like to mess with microSD cards. But that's only personal preference!
yaynds.gif
The Ninjapass team probably wouldn't want anything to do with NDSGBA anymore - the lack of support for the original Ninjapass was almost certainly because the Ninjapass team weren't getting any support from NDSGBA either, but Ninjapass's reputation took a hit because of it. And the only one of their old products they're still selling is the standard nopass-type device, which I bet is just another rebranded Passcard 3 or something. So, yeah, I'm guessing the X9 was either developed in-house, or licensed from some other company.

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am referring to the technology behind the products. As I stated before the PassCard3 and the SuperKey are the same exact product with different stickers, however one is from manufacturer M3/G6 and the other is from the SuperCard team. They share the technology by either licensing it or buying it outright for use and then they tinker with it or just add some design elements. I think the development of many flashcarts work the same in which they purchase the technology and then design the software for it.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

go185

Trophies
XP
Country
To further confirm that this is from the ninjapass team (even though we know it is), the X9 has the little chip pushing out from the center of the label, like the Ninjapass Jr.!

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you tell the chip is sticking out #1?

And #2 is that we know that this product is from the NinjaPass team we just don't know who created it for them. We think the technology is shared between other companies just like the older NinjaPass/Ultra FlashPass models.

And hopefully the review samples will be coming soon.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't buy this whole "shared technology" thing. I don't think the technology of the Ultra FlashPass was shared with anyone, the NinjaPass is just an OEM version - that is, manufactured by NDSGBA or whoever, in the same factory, just with a different label and splash screen etc. And I really don't think the Acekard team, EDIY (DSLink) and these guys are all just having one big happy technology-sharing orgy, they are competitors after all.

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't buy this whole "shared technology" thing. I don't think the technology of the Ultra FlashPass was shared with anyone, the NinjaPass is just an OEM version - that is, manufactured by NDSGBA or whoever, in the same factory, just with a different label and splash screen etc. And I really don't think the Acekard team, EDIY (DSLink) and these guys are all just having one big happy technology-sharing orgy, they are competitors after all.

Yea, it seems that pointless speculation is the word of today.

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Companies share technology all the time.. Seriously look at cars all the features in cars are just about the same.. and look at your hollister's american eagles, and abercrombie.. all their clothes have a certain look i bought a hoodie with fur on the inside.. and each store had the same jacket with the same fur.. im sure companies share stuff all the time... btw i am getting excited for these new cards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo