1. thefoxhole

thefoxhole GBAtemp Regular

United States
    we dont really know any thing about this cart yet.. we can only believe "them" as of now.. unless any one has got their hands on one?

2. M3LV1N

M3LV1N GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Im assuming this can act as a passme device?

3. Lily

Lily One Scary Lady
    Former Staff

Canada
    Sorry for the bold, but it's necessary.

The original Ultra FlashPass & NinjaPass carts were filled with false (and ultimately broken) promises. They are two of the worst (if not THE worst) NDS flashkits on the market. I wouldn't touch anything else they sold with a 10..no 20 foot pole, no matter what they promised. Their support for their first offerings was brutal, as was the compatibility and general frustration.

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY A LOW PRICE!!

This has been a public service announcement by Qrayzie. KEEP YOUR WALLET CLOSED AND YOUR EYES OPEN.

4. maxlifan

maxlifan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    yep... I got ripped on the last deal BELIEVE ME! It sucked and 1 out of like every 20 games worked... I thought it was ok cause they would give updates well... guess what.... After like 3 weeks an update finaly comes and it does it fix all this?!?! NO! So... DON"T ORDER IT take it from me.... If u want some cheap buy ds-link but if u don't have flashed ds buy ninja ds or something. BTW DON"T BUY DS-X IT SUCKS AND HAS LIKE 60% COM... ALOT OF GAMES DON"T WORK

5. thefoxhole

United States
    What is 60% com? compatiblity?... Well I will just continue to wait... lame..

6. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I'm just thinking back to when winsunx listed NinjaPass 256Mbit flash thing, then it disappeared (though NinjaPass and Media Launcher Jr came along) and ultraflashpass came along and was reviewed (as junk). I really didnt watch closely to see if Ninja actually released their flashcart somewhere or not. Perhaps they scrapped their flashcart ideas entirely and chose to do this instead?

[​IMG]
    I agree about the nails... though how many of you can say you didn't ever follow the "local fad"?

7. The__B

The__B Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    a kinda offtopic reply to the DS-X compatability list :

http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/DSX_compatibility_list

more like 90% compatability at the moment WHERE IS THAT BLOODY FIRMWARE UPGRADE ?!?!

Back on topic:

That guy should really buy a nail clipper... , and it looks nice but i dont like the long loading times i see in that video, nor the fact that i didn't see him put the micro sd in the card reader or removing it from the reader to be sure it's the same card.

8. Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    It looks great, but I´ll think to buy only after I read a review.

9. FifthE1ement

OP FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think the X9 shares the same technology as the AceKard and I think one manufacturer develops the technology and then shares it. That seems to be the way in the falshcart industry and I don't think this product will be any different. I think that the NinjaPass team is setting themselves up for success as their website is very informative and they now have a forum which is much more then anything they had with previous products. I think they will continue to support previous NinjaPass products but I think they will focus more on the new ones also. I will be getting a review sample very soon and I'll be able to distinguish how the product works and all of its features but if it works half as good as its specs it will make it worth the purchase. I think the X9 has the potential to be a very good slot 1 flashcart.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

10. deathspawn999

deathspawn999 GBAtemp Regular

simma down element [​IMG].

11. SubElement

SubElement Newbie
    Newcomer

Arrrgh! So many new products all with exciting new features and promises.

I think the best thing we can all do is wait for a review for each of these cards.

12. mecharse

mecharse Member
    Newcomer

I doubt it... that may have been the case with the Ultra Flashpass/Ninjapass original, but from the stated features this has one pretty major difference: "NO PC software required , Directly Drag‘N drop all files into the MicroSD(TF) card from Computer" whereas the Acekard needs software to transfer files onto the card, since it uses its own proprietary file system. Who knows how that'll work out, though.

13. rkenshin

rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    heck, we don't even know if AceKard is what it claims to be no less this product..

They can spew a bunch of features but it'll probably end up falling short be it manufacturing errors to incomplete/buggy firmware

14. Cliffius

Cliffius Member
    Newcomer

The only card I have is an EFA and I'm looking for something for DS roms. This seems to be it, but I have a newb question about the SD cards. If this is $50, and I get a 512MB microsd card for say $25, that's 1/2 the price of the DS-X.

But the Ds-x is 4 gigabits, correct? so is that the same amount of memory as 512megabytes? Also, a complaint for the ds-x is that you are stuck with the 4Gb. Why is this a problem, bc that seems like a lot of memory? Are some games more? Thanks.

15. thefoxhole

United States
    Fifth just wondering why you feel strongly about this product?

16. deathspawn999

the ds-x shipped cost me $128. $50 for the acekard, and another $25 for the 512MB memory, +shipping, is not $64. yes i know you can get a bigger memory and make it at the same price as $128 for the ds-x. but no one is 100% sure on the cost of the acekard, or how it actually functions.

the ds-x is 512 megs. its plenty of room if you are JUST USING IT FOR GAMING. its even enough if you want to add a few (10-15) mp3s. it is not enough if you want 30 cds, 40 games, and videos. the biggest a game can be is 128MBs, which is 4 games of the biggest amount on the ds-x. i have only seen one game that is the full 128MB's and cant be trimmed down, and that is resident evil.

have a nice day [​IMG].

17. masvill20

masvill20 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

512 is big enough for games? I think not. I mean, I play all 10 games I can fit on my SC long enough to say that 512 MB is way too small for gaming. And BTW, you really haven't played a lot of good Japanese games for the DS have you? Since Bleach DS is around 90 MB...and Pokemon untrimmed is 128-ish...

18. thefoxhole

United States
    I am not going to throw a fit about the size of the memory. Yes some people need more, that is why there is more than one card on the market. There is a card for everyone. [​IMG]
    Fox

19. masvill20

masvill20 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

What he said. [​IMG]

20. deathspawn999

no i dont play jap imports but what the fuck does that have to do with anything? you can trim ANY FUCKING NDS FILE SO WHERE IT COMES FROM DOESNT MATTER. games go from 128>64>32>16>(possibly 8 but im not sure)MBS. they fill up the rest of the cart with 00's. an untrimmed rom can not be 128-ISH. its either 128, or its 64. any game over 64 megs, is packed onto a 128 card and is filled up.

10 games is not enough? you can not possibly play through 10 games in a day, maybe not even a week. you might play each game for 10-15 minutes, but i hardly call that "playing".

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - NinjaPass, Almost, Ready