Hacking NinjaPass X9TF is Almost Ready to Ship!

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
512 is big enough for games? I think not. I mean, I play all 10 games I can fit on my SC long enough to say that 512 MB is way too small for gaming. And BTW, you really haven't played a lot of good Japanese games for the DS have you? Since Bleach DS is around 90 MB...and Pokemon untrimmed is 128-ish...

no i dont play jap imports but what the fuck does that have to do with anything? you can trim ANY FUCKING NDS FILE SO WHERE IT COMES FROM DOESNT MATTER. games go from 128>64>32>16>(possibly 8 but im not sure)MBS. they fill up the rest of the cart with 00's. an untrimmed rom can not be 128-ISH. its either 128, or its 64. any game over 64 megs, is packed onto a 128 card and is filled up.

10 games is not enough? you can not possibly play through 10 games in a day, maybe not even a week. you might play each game for 10-15 minutes, but i hardly call that "playing".
Are you ok man?

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fifth just wondering why you feel strongly about this product?

I guess it's because he's getting a sample of it and the NinjaPass people asked him to promote their product sorta like
how GBATemp made a DS-X forum months before it came out (probably due to them striking a deal to get their hands
on a sample right off the bat)

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, dude, calm down. I'm just stating a fact. And dude, don't go calling people idiots here. You're kind of proving your own point.

EDIT: And BTW, I play every game on my DS for 1 hour a day. And that's only for this week since I don't have classes.

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, dude, calm down. I'm just stating a fact. And dude, don't go calling people idiots here. You're kind of proving your own point.

EDIT: And BTW, I play every game on my DS for 1 hour a day. And that's only for this week since I don't have classes.
what fact are you stating? that 10 games is not enough for you for a day? its more than enough for NORMAL people who dont spend their lives attached to the NDS. you have 10 games on your cart. you play your NDS for 10 hours a day? jesus titty fucking christ bro. maybe idiot wasnt the right word. ill let everyone else figure out the right one themselves.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Fifth, u suggested that this product may be shared technology as acekard.
But has this card made the claim of 100% compatability?
i know it says it supports clean roms, but the ds-x said the same and it patches the roms on the go (as far as i know).

so is it like acekard or like ds-x (ds roms compatability wise )?

anyone can reply to this that is...
wtf.gif

bajibbles

Ragnafreak
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@
QUOTE said:
deathspawn999

just remember you are on a gamer's forum, and people come here for the love of games. that kind of attitude gets no one anywhere, if people have the spare time they might very well want more space than that. you could be sharing your cart, or just get bored easily... or just have alot of time to play your DS. Or maybe you just like to keep your completed games on there, perhaps so you can occasionally play a round of wifi (you could have finished metroid prime hunters completely but whenever you hook up with a mate start a wifi game...) just an actual, plausible example. wanting more space than that isnt a bad reason at all... if you look at the gba list, all the games started out very small and when gba was at its peak some were very large indeed, and owners of the smaller flashcarts werent too happy when they could only fit one game on their cart. Doesnt hurt to buy now but consider the future.

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you ben. I'm here because I love games. I don't give a crap about what games you like, and you don't give a crap about what games you like. But if you're going to keep acting like a DS-X fanboy, then I suggest you go take a fresh breath on the outside of your home. It's quite fresh. I'm just stating my opinion, and it's free to be rationalized and scrutinized, but when you insult me, it just goes to show how pathetic and sad this world has become thanks to people like you.

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
FRESH AIR? YOU PLAY YOUR DS 10 HOURS A DAY HOW CAN YOU COMMENT ON ANYONE ABOUT STEPPING OUTSIDE?!

this isnt even a post about the ds-x (which has its faults just like every other solution out there right now), it was about how 512 megs is enough for JUST gaming. you could have a 1/2 gig stick or g6lite and for JUST GAMING that should do ya plenty. im not saying wanting more space than 512 is a bad thing, im saying its not completely necessary.

mas went on to talk about import roms like that is any different when compared to other roms. its not different at all, which is why i got wound up in the first place. it doesnt make sense, and is stupid. a rom is a rom is a rom.

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a hardcore gamer. If you got a problem with that, then deal with it. It seems that my comment on only doing that this week isn't getting to your obviously oxygen depraved head.

I didn't even say the DS-X is bad. I'm just saying that the 512 MB for space kinda turns off people like me who need more memory. And it's my opinion on 512 MB is not sufficient enough. The hell do I care what you think, I just want to be heard. Eff you if you have a problem with that.

And you're really starting to piss me off with your rants. You can't even read my statements and understand them at the same time. I said, BLEACH DS DIDN'T TRIM DOWN TO LESS THAN A 100 MB. IT'S JUST AN EXAMPLE, SINCE YOU SAID ONLY DS:DS DIDN'T TRIM DOWN TO LESS THAN 128 MB. They're both good games, so I'm saying that because it didn't fit.

DUH, OF COURSE IT'S NOT DIFFERENT AT ALL. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING, SO OF COURSE IT WON'T MAKE SENSE TO YOUR HEAD. A ROM IS A ROM IS A ROM. DUH. I'll forget I even posted with this sad person who can't even comprehend simple English.

Sorry for getting off topic...

About this NinjaPass. Hmm, unless the team really aims and strives for nearing perfect compatibility, it will probably not be as good as the Ninja DS.

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a hardcore gamer. If you got a problem with that, then deal with it. It seems that my comment on only doing that this week isn't getting to your obviously oxygen depraved head.

I didn't even say the DS-X is bad. I'm just saying that the 512 MB for space kinda turns off people like me who need more memory. And it's my opinion on 512 MB is not sufficient enough. The hell do I care what you think, I just want to be heard. Eff you if you have a problem with that.

And you're really starting to piss me off with your rants. You can't even read my statements and understand them at the same time. I said, BLEACH DS DIDN'T TRIM DOWN TO LESS THAN A 100 MB. IT'S JUST AN EXAMPLE, SINCE YOU SAID ONLY DS:DS DIDN'T TRIM DOWN TO LESS THAN 128 MB. They're both good games, so I'm saying that because it didn't fit.

DUH, OF COURSE IT'S NOT DIFFERENT AT ALL. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING, SO OF COURSE IT WON'T MAKE SENSE TO YOUR HEAD. A ROM IS A ROM IS A ROM. DUH. I'll forget I even posted with this sad person who can't even comprehend simple English.

I belive you said something like "and it's free to be rationalized and scrutinized, but when you insult me, it just goes to show how pathetic and sad this world has become thanks to people like you." let it go man..

:EDIT: BTW, I am not ripping on you, I just am sick of hearing this 512 size issue.. For some reason it is causing chaos in the Slot 1 World!
yaynds.gif

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, thanks for cooling me down dude...

Anyway, as long as these Slot 1 devices will do as they claim, then I'm a happy boy. Oh, and that compatibility is good.
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Fifth, u suggested that this product may be shared technology as acekard.
But has this card made the claim of 100% compatability?
i know it says it supports clean roms, but the ds-x said the same and it patches the roms on the go (as far as i know).

so is it like acekard or like ds-x (ds roms compatability wise )?

anyone can reply to this that is...Â
wtf.gif

Anyone got an answer?

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am not a pro, but if I understand correctly... they are all basically the same.. the differences between acekard and ds-x is that acekard uses its own formatting system.. and software is needed to transfer files to and from the unit.. so in essence they are all basically the same, I would assume that all carts will need firmware patches to correct bugs. This is only what i think. Please feel free to correct me.
Fox

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"it patches the roms on the go"

Why does everybody make such a big deal of this? As far as we know right now, its not even possible to play a game properly without patching it (on the fly or otherwise). Patching is required because the encryption on games hasn't quite been broken yet, and because saving to a flashcart is completely different from saving to a retail cart.

No cart maker has ever made the claim that their product will support every game that will come out in the future, without any need for updating FW. The "100% compatibility" that companies claim means that it is compatible with every single dump that has come out so far, it does not extend to the future. Therefore assume that every cart that has drag-and-drop patches on the fly...if it didn't, the company would make damn sure that everybody knew all about. This is why its so important for the cart to come from a good company, to feel some security that they won't just discontinue support a few months after release. Unfortunately, Ninjapass has done exactly that in the past so everybody should be a little wary right now as Qrayzie said.

That being said, what FifthE1ement has been saying makes a little sense, so we'll see what happens when he gets his review product (and hopefully GBATemp as well). Also, the excellent point has been raised that it is either it is NOT the same as the Acekard, or else they are lying on their spec list. Acekard uses its own file system (AKFS I think?), and therefore needs PC-side software ; the X9 claims to run clean roms with drag and drop.

FifthE1ement

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fifth just wondering why you feel strongly about this product?

I guess it's because he's getting a sample of it and the NinjaPass people asked him to promote their product sorta like
how GBATemp made a DS-X forum months before it came out (probably due to them striking a deal to get their hands
on a sample right off the bat)

Yea... I really hope that is not the case..

Wait a minute, I'm not for sale by any company. If the NinjaPass blows I'll report is and I'll have no qualms doing so. My interest in the new NinjaPass product is in its specs and abilities as the product seems to be ready for release and everything looks very polished. Like I had said before, for $50 bucks it’s not a bad deal either way and if it is able to do half of what’s they claim it will be one hell of a flashcart. That being said I also am very interested in the AceKard but since they are mainly a Chinese manufacturer (as it looks so far) I think I would be inclined to get better service and support from the NinjaPass team. Hey, when the SuperCard Rumble came out I said how I felt (Gimmick to hold us until the Slot 1 devices).

I believe, and so do many others such as yyjoy.com, that the technology of many flashcarts, including the NinjaPass X9TF/AceKard, are shared. It was done with the Ultra FlashPass and NinjaPass products and it’s done regularly with Nopass devices such as the SuperKey/PassCard3. I also believe that the technology is shared by one manufacturer, to keep costs low, but what that company chooses to do with it is up to the individual company. As with the NinjaPass/Ultra FlashPass products of the past I think they were inferior. I think the claims made by the original creating company were false which is why the blame fell on the end companies such as NinjaPass and NDSGBA. I'm not saying that makes it right but if the technology was bad and wasn't capable of doing what was said they figured they should cut their losses and move on which is what both companies did. The NinjaPass team started the X9TF while the Ultra team created the Ultra FlashPass EX 1.0G and what looks to be the NDS 1:1.

I also think that maybe even the NinjaDS team (Ninja DS Sticky/ U-Shaped) has even bought into the new product and what we might be seeing as the Ninja DS Micro may be just another clone. I think that since the AceKard requires patched ROMs means nothing as they just went another way with their format to increase performance or features. I'm not saying all of these products are clones but probably many of the components are pre-made and put together already made for that company while that company then chooses how to go about marketing the device and working on software.

I'm excited about the prospects of the new M3/G6 and SuperCard products too but they seem farther off and out of reach. I think we'll probably hear some news from the G6 DS soon, as new of the SuperCard DS and EWIN3 have already been released. I'm curious to see what the possibilities hold for the Slot 1 flashcart and what the manufacturers can do with the technology. But I can tell you by looking at all of these new slot 1 devices I know that the prices are going to be low and the DS-X team is going to have to re-think their approach. Right now the DS-X is sitting high and mighty as they are the only cat in town but once something like the NinjaPass or AceKard arrive users will re-think that almost $130 purchase. We should all be excited as these next gen flashcarts have some great possibilities!

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins