Next Left 4 Dead Game Is...A Payday Crossover

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, May 21, 2012.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Well its a lot more plausible than the Metroid/Starfox Crossover!

[​IMG]

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/

For those not in the know about this PC/PSN title, Payday: The Heist is a episodic squad based FPS where you infiltrate a banks to rob them. You also do carjacks, trade hostages...not too sure how it would work with zombies and that running around maybe you're in the middle of a heist and then zombies turn up. I was interested in this title but mediocre scores and mediocre word of mouth from gamers just put this on the back burner for me until like most others completely forgot about it.

Still they must have something special if the likes of Valve ok'd this and to be honest it could be a fun title.

2. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    Where the fuck is my Half-Life 3?
    :angry:

3 people like this.
  3. brandonspikes

brandonspikes King Erazer

May 30, 2010
    United States
    New York
    Da fuck you talking about?

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    "Ladies and mentlegen, I am pleased to announce the highly desired 3rd installment for one of the greatest game series ever created"

"Left 4 Dead 3"

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  5. Shoat

Shoat GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    I guess it'd play either at the very beginning of the outbreak (where there still was a society with robbable banks) or near the end (where a new society is in the process of being rebuilt).

Gameplay-wise I have no fears, though.
    While Payday may have been mediocre in a few areas, both games are a lot of fun as long as you don't play them alone and a mixture of both may prove very neat.

6. DarkShadow96

DarkShadow96 LA96£

Feb 9, 2009
    Canada
    MTL
    Interesting.

Never heard of Payday.. Just youtubed it and it looks a lot like L4D so... wonder how it'd work with Hunters etc lol.

Maybe the Cops sends out Hunters and Smokers to incapacitate the robbers loool.

7. TheDreamLord

TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 8, 2011
    Ireland
    Wait, Valve can count to 3 now?

8. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    It will probably be titled Left 4 Dead: Payday or something like that. Everyone knows Valve can't count to 3. :P

3 people like this.
  9. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Who said this was Left 4 Dead 3? Its just the next game in the series but it won't be a sequel (its clear that Overkill are doing the main dev work not Valve) which is likely to be a spin off. I don't even think it'll be a retail release, I can easily see this as being just another episode for Payday.

10. Janthran

Janthran Solarian

Sep 17, 2011
    United States
    The Pacific Northwet
    Kinda like the ~5 HL2 games out there.

11. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    This probably won't be being developed by Valve, if it's by... whoever the fuck makes Payday, then eh. But if Valve IS working on this? Then.. iono.
    I think before that would happen, Gabe would probably go to E3 and say "Yeah so we discovered this new thing, I don't know if you guys heard about it, it's totally new to our offices and we're excited to share it, it's a number called "3". I KNOW RIGHT?!

12. BrightNeko

BrightNeko Popcorn ball

Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    Texas
    when I saw payday I thought about the candy bar >_> still nice to see valve and sony going hand in hand.

13. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    The more the merrier I guess? Still have to play any of the L4D series but they are on my wishlist.

1 person likes this.
  14. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Sad to see this wasn't referring to the candy bar.

15. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    My question is if it's actually going to be called "Left 4 Dead 3" and not some other subtitle.

16. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I heard Payday was a bit like Left 4 Dead so I guess this is a reasonable crossover.

I'll definitely be looking forward to it although I doubt it'll be anything more than a PS3/PC exclusive.

17. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    I'd say it definitely wont be called that, for a start Valve isn't the main developer and I don't think they'll even be doing any development at all. They'll have some input, offer advice but I see this being more of a Payday game than a Left 4 Dead game. Also I really don't see this as a retail game either, I started playing Payday yesterday and its not bad but it clearly should only be a episodic digital title.

18. Sir-Fritz

Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

May 4, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Its just l4d themed dlc for payday afaik, not a full game.