Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its a lot more plausible than the Metroid/Starfox Crossover!

payday-the-heist.jpg

"As perceptive gamers will have noticed, several hints have recently been dropped into PAYDAY The Heist, which has led to various rumors. We are excited to be able to confirm that an in-depth collaboration between OVERKILL and Valve is currently in production.

We are working on a very cool blend of PAYDAY and Left 4 Dead. I am sure it is so exciting that it will have some players check into the hospital before we are done."

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/

For those not in the know about this PC/PSN title, Payday: The Heist is a episodic squad based FPS where you infiltrate a banks to rob them. You also do carjacks, trade hostages...not too sure how it would work with zombies and that running around maybe you're in the middle of a heist and then zombies turn up. I was interested in this title but mediocre scores and mediocre word of mouth from gamers just put this on the back burner for me until like most others completely forgot about it.

Still they must have something special if the likes of Valve ok'd this and to be honest it could be a fun title.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Ladies and mentlegen, I am pleased to announce the highly desired 3rd installment for one of the greatest game series ever created"

"Left 4 Dead 3"

794.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess it'd play either at the very beginning of the outbreak (where there still was a society with robbable banks) or near the end (where a new society is in the process of being rebuilt).

Gameplay-wise I have no fears, though.
While Payday may have been mediocre in a few areas, both games are a lot of fun as long as you don't play them alone and a mixture of both may prove very neat.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting.

Never heard of Payday.. Just youtubed it and it looks a lot like L4D so... wonder how it'd work with Hunters etc lol.

Maybe the Cops sends out Hunters and Smokers to incapacitate the robbers loool.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Ladies and mentlegen, I am pleased to announce the highly desired 3rd installment for one of the greatest game series ever created"

"Left 4 Dead 3"

Wait, Valve can count to 3 now?
Who said this was Left 4 Dead 3? Its just the next game in the series but it won't be a sequel (its clear that Overkill are doing the main dev work not Valve) which is likely to be a spin off. I don't even think it'll be a retail release, I can easily see this as being just another episode for Payday.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where the fuck is my Half-Life 3?
:angry:
This probably won't be being developed by Valve, if it's by... whoever the fuck makes Payday, then eh. But if Valve IS working on this? Then.. iono.

"Left 4 Dead 3"

I think before that would happen, Gabe would probably go to E3 and say "Yeah so we discovered this new thing, I don't know if you guys heard about it, it's totally new to our offices and we're excited to share it, it's a number called "3". I KNOW RIGHT?!

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is if it's actually going to be called "Left 4 Dead 3" and not some other subtitle.
I'd say it definitely wont be called that, for a start Valve isn't the main developer and I don't think they'll even be doing any development at all. They'll have some input, offer advice but I see this being more of a Payday game than a Left 4 Dead game. Also I really don't see this as a retail game either, I started playing Payday yesterday and its not bad but it clearly should only be a episodic digital title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b