Gaming New Smash Bros. Brawl Trailer

Hellfenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Making all games Wiimote games would be missing an opportunity for a lot of good games. The DS scared me, I thought all games would be using touch and two screens. But if we look at a game like castlevania, you can clearly see the game is still just a simple game but with some very small touch functions which are welcome.

I'm gonna say this, if you make all games wiimote games you stop all ports or multi console games. If you want a Wiimote fighting game fine, it would be awesome but SSB is a controller game, changing the control scheme would fuck it up.

When you go next-gen, you're not supposed to have to leave all the progression you have made in the past, you're supposed to harmonize past and present technologies together. A good example of that is the Bloom effect in graphics. Since they found that effect, they put it EVERYWHERE! Don't forget there are other things than BLOOM or Wiimote.

The guy porting Splinter Cell Double Agent said that the game felt awkward with the wiimote because the game itself wasn't designed for it. Just like SSB isn't designed to be for Wiimote controls unless you change the core of the game.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm in LOVE with the Wiimote but I just don't think everything of the past should go motion. Personally I would hate it if let's say Phoenix Wright obligated me to play with the touchscreen and the microphone, right now I play this game without any of the afore mentioned items.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Making all games Wiimote games would be missing an opportunity for a lot of good games. The DS scared me, I thought all games would be using touch and two screens. But if we look at a game like castlevania, you can clearly see the game is still just a simple game but with some very small touch functions which are welcome.

There is a wide variety of games that use only the stylus or only the pad, though. It's always good to have choice when there's a wide selection, I can understand your apprehension. But what I'm clamoring for is to give the consumer a choice. Even if it runs like crap, or if it doesn't work well. For example, in red steel or Metroid Prime 3, will there be an option for you to move your view by moving the remote, or will it be *only* "push the screen with the remote to actually turn around at turtle speed"? Because the wasn't present in the first VR and headset games, and I do hope the technology's progressed in the past ten or so years.

QUOTE said:
I'm gonna say this, if you make all games wiimote games you stop all ports or multi console games. If you want a Wiimote fighting game fine, it would be awesome but SSB is a controller game, changing the control scheme would fuck it up.

No, guilty gear or street fighter would be fucked up. Smash Brothers is a first-party game. How much worse can you get as to the lack of confidence displayed by such a flagship title? Imagine a nintendo rep saying : "Um.. Yeah, our wiimote is great! But it's good for warioware, only. We couldn't find a way to include it in Smash Bros, because, you know..."

QUOTE said:
When you go next-gen, you're not supposed to have to leave all the progression you have made in the past, you're supposed to harmonize past and present technologies together. A good example of that is the Bloom effect in graphics. Since they found that effect, they put it EVERYWHERE! Don't forget there are other things than BLOOM or Wiimote.

Agreed. But you can turn bloom off in most games. Will we able to calibrate the wiimote for every wii game? Or will Nintendo pull other unique control schemes instead of just giving the player a choice? For example, Starfox on the DS. While I love the stylus play, I still miss the old-school flying controls. Or, why didn't they add a touch screen mode for mario, for example? And Kirby Canvas Curse. If you can use the paintbrush with an analog stick in Okami, why didn't they allow for users to not use the stylus on Kirby? Although, this is just nitpicking.

QUOTE said:
The guy porting Splinter Cell Double Agent said that the game felt awkward with the wiimote because the game itself wasn't designed for it. Just like SSB isn't designed to be for Wiimote controls unless you change the core of the game.

He's paid for coding something that induces fun and he has no imagination? Am I the only one to find that at best suspicious (ulterior motives made him shoot down the wii version), and at worst a serious problem with what is supposed to drive this industry if we ever want to call it an art, someday?

Or was he unsure about having to implement the gesture for slashing a merc's throat after creeping on him from behind, a gesture most players would mimic and that would scare the shit out of parents?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm in LOVE with the Wiimote but I just don't think everything of the past should go motion. Personally I would hate it if let's say Phoenix Wright obligated me to play with the touchscreen and the microphone, right now I play this game without any of the afore mentioned items.

Sorry to say that maybe one or two genres will keep the pad alive. Look at joysticks today. Flight sims and... Uh, arcade games for the majority?

Anyway, it's all about having a choice.

Also, I haven't read about anything of the sort, do you think they'll add downloadable content for Smash Bros, if they announced it for Zelda?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure there was more than one guy who worked on porting Double Agent to Wii...

Oh and Sonics battle scheme. I'm pretty sure they'll come up with something
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...