New Smash Bros. Brawl Trailer

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Opium, Nov 3, 2006.

Nov 3, 2006

New Smash Bros. Brawl Trailer by Opium at 12:19 PM (2,424 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. Opium
    OP

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Grab it HERE (direct link)

It's off screen unfortunately, but still looks pretty cool [​IMG] We see Snake and the others in action and get a glimpse of another returning character. This will be a must buy if the developers actually use the wiimote, otherwise I'll be disappointed.

2. narius

Newcomer narius Member

United States
    ya looks great, damn i love super smash [​IMG] if only it were a launch game... sigh... so far we have 10 characters, hmmm...

and ya about the controls, i really hope that they dont make it to where you have to use the wiimote to move around; only to dodge, (jump etc not including attacking!) Honestly if it were out at launch and I had to choose one game, Zelda may have a fit [​IMG]

3. Opium
    OP

Australia
    I can certainly see how the developers would have scratched their heads a bit about making good controls for it with the wiimote and nunchuck. But I have faith that motion for some things would work superbly, as you said dodging is an example.

Hell, Zelda could have had crap controls on the Wii, but it doesn't. If the developers don't put time into making good wii controls then they should just make it a gamecube game in my opinion.

4. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    They announced that this game would use a standard controller and not the Wii-mote. Have they changed that to a maybe?

5. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    actually zelda has crap controlls for the wii... to stab you press A and Z? and thrust the wiimote forward... that's just shit. keep in mind, i haven't tried the game... but it would just feel more natural if thrusting was thrusting and not pressing a button combo.

6. Opium
    OP

Australia
    I've played Zelda. You don't press A at all 0_o You only press Z to kind of lock on with your opponent so that when you move around you're circling him. Then you free to swipe the wiimote and shake the nunchuck to attack. It works REALLY well, it's a lot of fun to play.

7. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    [​IMG]
    Must... have... want... online... play...

Meh, I want wiimote control. You flick the wiimote to the left or right to walk that way, flick it quickly to run, wave the wiimote upward to jump, again to double, again and b to do an up+b,
    side b would be flicking the wrist to the left or right and pressing b.
    B would be done with no movement. It would take some getting used to, but I think it would be just as fluiid as the current controls, maybe even better.

And the option to use normal controls for all the peeps that dislike the wiimote.

8. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Nah, I'm down with the GC/Classic controller for this game. Yeah the Wiimote's cool, but I just don't see it working well with SSB.

9. Pikaash2586

Member Pikaash2586 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  10. azndragonguy115

Member azndragonguy115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  11. Remy

Member Remy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    personally, i hope it uses the gamecube controller. like many people, i've grown very accustomed to the feel of it and can't really imagine using the wiimote to play a fighting game. something about its shape doesn't look right for fighting games

Oh yeah, did anyone else get really "excited" while watching this? I sure did [​IMG]

12. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
  13. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    It's funny. When the Wiimote was first revealed, everyone was like "Nah thanks, I'll use the Classic Controller for SSBB", now that everyone has played with the Wii, everyone wants Wiimote support! [​IMG]

EDIT:

Controller Scheme (Wiimote + Nunchuck)

Analogue Stick = Move Around
    Flick Up Wiimote = Jump
    Shake Wiimote left to right + Analogue Stick = Run
    Quick downward thrust (While in mid air) = Ground Pound

To be honest, I haven't really played SSBM Much, so I can't say much about the controller scheme, but I'd say this very basic core unit would work well!

14. Dragonlord

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Switzerland
    Nice video... but where is Bowser... OHNOES, he fell victim to the red pencil [​IMG]

15. Kaido

Newcomer Kaido Newbie

United States
    They shouldn't do anything special with the Wii-mote. In a fighting game, Wii-mote is hard to use. I believe a person using a controller will beat a person using the Wiimote if they have the same level of skill.

Besides, if they don't work on the special effects of the Wii-mote, it means they'll work more on the gameplay of the game. Which is what makes the game great.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Wii-mote kicks ass... Just not for this game.

16. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    I´m sure we´re going to see at least 10 more characters.

17. fatfrank

Member fatfrank GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i can't believe i'm what i'm reading... how could anyone want to play smash bros with wiimote functions... that just seems silly! Let's hope nintendo sticks to the classic controller setup

18. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States

19. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Yeah, that makes sense, build an entire console around a new control scheme so that fatfrank can still play SSB with the old one.

There had better be both ways to control this game. I don't wanna play it at tournament levels, so shaking the wiimote to hit someone else doesn't bother me.

20. shadowwarrior999

Member shadowwarrior999 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You Know i was kind of hopeing to see
    Newcomer Sonic
    but ah well i liked the trailer Wii all the way [​IMG]

PS yes i know thats a DS but >.>