1. alexander1970

alexander1970 BANNED from Britain.

Austria
    Of Course with a good Burner (...what is a good Burner today since Plextor are no longer on the "Top Dog" Position ?) and DVD-R´s the Chance is great that a 16x burned DVD-R works.
    But maybe not long and the Laser from the Device will not be grateful for such DVD-Rs...
    Please try it on a Wii,you will see the Result.
    And a GameCube miniDVD-R burned with 16x will never work correct,that I can asure you.:)

cvskid likes this.
  2. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I had to burn minidvd-r at 4x speed for the gamecube, slower wouldn't work.

I'm surprised you can't run freemcboot installed from dvd. If it's got hard coded paths then maybe you can hex edit them

Last edited by smf, Jul 4, 2020
    alexander1970 likes this.
  3. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

United States
    FMCBInstaller wasn't updated to have the DVD drivers.

You should check the issue with the USB port (pins continuity? hub chip fried?).

4. PogChampion369

Banned

United States
    Poggers moment

5. esmith13

esmith13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sooooo, is anyone working an update to ESR Patcher to patch in this exploit and make PS2 games boot on compatible systems without needing to use a "boot disc"? The technical info on exactly how to do it manually is here: https://cturt.github.io/freedvdboot.html but a new version of ESR patcher or a replacement for it that incorporates these steps would be WONDERFUL for the average user...

phonz likes this.
  6. RiPPERD

RiPPERD GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    ps4 now has an exploit for 7.02

7. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

And has nothing to do with this and thus completely off topic.

uyjulian likes this.
  8. RiPPERD

RiPPERD GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    sorry, not sure what happend i typed more than that but it didnt actually type it... maybe i touched the screen. My bad.

what i was actually trying to say was this:

the ps4 exploit is now out for higher firmware so this means we can still use pkg files etc and thus saving the lasers in the ps4. This method would actually put a huge strain on the lasers and we would also all need bluray burners unless the exploit could inject/execute kernel exploit that was released for 7.02?

9. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Ok, but again, this exploit is not for ps4, atleast not yet, and doubtful it ever will, so again, off topic.
    Besides, bluray drives have 2, sometimes even 3, lasers in them, depending on the media being used.

10. masenko

masenko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    managed to get persona 3 fes working with this. i followed a youtube video. just searched freedvdboot patcher on youtube it was the 3rd video down for me. I've also tried with Castlevania Lament of Innocence but that just freezes after the konami logo
    edit;
    seems like the video i followed is an improper way to do it, search "Final Fantasy X Selfbooting" on youtube for a better way. im gunna test it now myself
    edit 2:
    just google FreeDVDBoot Auto Patcher to find the tool. don't know if link is allowed on here. only tested klonoa 2 with it and works great, played til level 2 no issues

Last edited by masenko, Jul 12, 2020
    cvskid and zfreeman like this.
  11. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Do you know if the freedvdboot auto patcher works with games that didn't work with esr patcher before like parappa the rapper 2?

12. masenko

masenko GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i think its the same compatibility as standard ESR, is it not?

13. JayRockets

JayRockets Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    If the guy who found this exploit believes it could be used on a PS1, then I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to use that same PS1 version of the exploit to get a PS2 to play a burned PS1 game.

14. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    The basic idea, very maybe - certainly not the implementation (which is a DVD player exploit, so it has nothing to do with CDs, and CDs and DVDs are not interchangeable on a PS2 - even more so with regards to this exploit as the PS2 does not support "Mini DVD*"

* = as in what Nero calls a DVD-Video standard movie stored on a CD, not as in the discs a Gamecube uses

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, FreeDVDBoot, exploit