1. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    I use it as a game system tv for the bedroom so I'm using it a lot also. Just a shame the smart system doesn't work anymore and you can't get any apps on it anymore. The bedroom is set up with a smart beamer all over the wall in front of the bed for movies and such and the PS2 on a side cabinet to game on before sleeping with some retro systems hooked up 2 that I have double. Yeah, it's a mighty fine thing to have as a collectors piece. Glad to see someone else on here that is enjoying it as much as I do.

2. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well I haven't changed my TV in over 10 years & I would like one (if they didn't command insane prices) but I certainly wouldn't use it for my only TV.

Fortuna exploit looks interesting, I missed it & will have to catch up. I'll probably stick with FMCB though.

Last edited by smf, Jul 3, 2020
  3. notrea11y

notrea11y GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Time to dust off that KH2 FM translation mod.

4. PikachuPrincess23

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Norway
    It seems psx-place it's down, where can I find tutorial-the-great-ps2-aio-guide?

5. BeastMode6

BeastMode6 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    cvskid likes this.
  6. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

United States
    Works for me

7. player594

player594 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I wanted to use this to install fmcboot but it still requires a usb flash drive. Unfortunately my usb ports don't work so I still can't get it installed.

8. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    There is some irony that I literally just got rid of my PS2 with FreeMcBoot earlier this week.

9. PikachuPrincess23

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Norway
    Sadly it dont work for me, I eighter have wrong DVD Player on PS2 or wrong DVD to burn it on.
    I have Verbatim DVD+R RW.

10. stranno

stranno GBAtemp Fan

Of course it wont work if you have other version. But you must change the language to english if you have one of the three exploited versions.

DVD+RW discs work fine.

alexander1970 likes this.
  11. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Addict

+RW is about the worst you can use for game backups in general, even if they are Verbatim.

Get Verbatim DVD-R and you should be fine, sans problem laser in your drive.

And remember, burn at slowest possible speed.

alexander1970 likes this.
  12. stranno

stranno GBAtemp Fan

https://streamable.com/hxykqw

13. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Addict

Ok, you got it to boot off a +rw, congratulations.

That doesnt stop the fact that most people have problems getting RW discs working on a ps2.

Stick with what everyone absolutely knows 100% works, which is -R.

Sophie-bear and alexander1970 like this.
  14. alexander1970

alexander1970 Try to Live in here and now.

Austria
    Hello.:)

And as you completely correct said - slow as possible - 4x on Verbatim are a very good working Combination by the Way.:)

Most important,thank you again for this Reminder.:yay:
    (I forgot it on the first try....)

Thank you.:)

StarGazerTom likes this.
  15. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Is that not a hangover from earlier times?

Back when if the hard drives (especially if fragmented and also running the OS) would go below burn speeds, and burners themselves did not have the greatest buffers, and suspect inks of the day, then yeah the sorts of write quibbles (not really errors but would be by the time the suspect lasers of the consoles looked at them) caused issues.

Today you would really have to work at having your hard drive go low, burners have loads of buffer even then, and inks are pretty sweet. Indeed it might even come back the other way and you find your burner struggles at lower speeds, especially the absolute lowest where it was more of an afterthought from the drive makers. More amusingly if you do plod along at 5 megs a second (4x speed) then in the time you are waiting for the 4 gigs (never mind if something is dual layer) to write might actually see something happen on the OS (probably Windows deciding updates are in) that will slam the hard drive.

Ryccardo, VinsCool and alexander1970 like this.
  16. alexander1970

Austria
    Not for PlayStation 2 and GameCube.:)

17. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I am dubious on this one.

I have seen plenty of iffy burners for low speed stuff, and while I don't have the most time on PS2 and GC stuff I have never the less seen plenty of iffy embedded readers.

Any errors are see are not remedied by low speed burning or affected by high. Most such things are bad drive, bad burner, dust on the disc or "there is a reason you don't buy such things in the pound shop" for the media itself.

18. alexander1970

Austria

That is correct,but Lasers are not getting better from that Devices.And 3rd Party Replacement Lasers are even not better....
    Also the "Quality" from DVD-Rs are not so good today (some Brands).With Verbatim (and Ritek "branded" ones) you are still on the safe Side for this two Consoles.

This "unwritten Law" with the Burn Speed (for PlayStation and GameCube) has still Validity today.:)

19. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Does high speed burning introduce enough of a wobble or poor pit formation maybe that the now ancient lasers are troubled by that as much as reading from burned media over pressed?

20. RiPPERD

RiPPERD GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    it has actually now been tested on ps3 and ps4 with some pretty good results, nothing to get excited about yet but it would seem with a "few" tweaks it could work on future consoles

Prans likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, FreeDVDBoot, exploit