source: „https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1157109114914234369

Last edited by ciaomao, Aug 28, 2019
    skullskullskull and zfreeman like this.
  2. ciaomao
    OP

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    even if there was zero response by you guys, I like to add the answer to my original post:

I am a bit disappointed....about the actual surprise. Anyway, nobody cares at Gbatemp, so it should be good enough.

andyhappypants likes this.
  3. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Wasn't the original hardware like $500 a game, or something crazy like that? Goes without saying that not many people in these forums ever owned one. Others... can wait until MAME is able to play the games.

andyhappypants likes this.
  4. ciaomao
    OP

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    yes, not many had an AES, some owned a consolidized MVS. Games were up to ~780 MBit. Other module based consoles at this time had max 32MBit, which explains the massive prices a bit. Anyway, you dont need to play the waiting game. MAME is capable of Neo Geo for more than a decade.

Last edited by ciaomao, Sep 4, 2019
  5. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    SNK are daft. All they had to do was copy Nintendo and people would've been lining up to buy it. Instead, they keep releasing a million different colours of handheld-but-not-portable console.. and now a new arcade stick that exactly nobody wanted for it.

6. ciaomao
    OP

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    You know about the pocket device, they had? I would call this portable....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_Pocket_Color
    Also we dont know exactly what the new arcade stick has to offer.

7. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    Yes, the NGPC is actually my favourite portable console of all time. I'm a big SNK fan I even have the Neo Geo X Gold abomination where they couldn't even manage to emulate their own games properly.

My point was, the Neo Geo mini is known for having a terrible HDMI output so instead of releasing tons of different colours of it or this new arcade stick, they should be working to improve that.. or better yet, forget it and release a whole new console that is just a mini AES with a decent upscaling implementation.

8. ciaomao
    OP

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    Ok, explanation accepted :)

9. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    Btw, I just looked more closely at the bottom of the stick and I think I see 1P and 2P USB C ports? Is it possible they just took the inside of the mini and put it in a controller to compete with the Capcom system coming out soon?

Last edited by subcon959, Sep 8, 2019
  10. ciaomao
    OP

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    yes, possible. nobody outside of the inner circle knows yet

11. skullskullskull

skullskullskull Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    They put out a press release https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2019/091003/ yesterday. No news on the price, release date or which 20 games are included.

As a fightstick it doesn't look bad, but if it *only* works on neogeo mini and pc, why bother with 8 face buttons (instead of just 4 in the MVS layout)?

12. andyhappypants

andyhappypants Pika!

Jul 27, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hoenn
    I would prefer the 8 button layout for pc use, capcom cps2 games have 6 buttons

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted