Last edited by ciaomao,

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
even if there was zero response by you guys, I like to add the answer to my original post:

I am a bit disappointed....about the actual surprise. Anyway, nobody cares at Gbatemp, so it should be good enough.

Reactions: andyhappypants

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the original hardware like $500 a game, or something crazy like that? Goes without saying that not many people in these forums ever owned one. Others... can wait until MAME is able to play the games.

Reactions: andyhappypants

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
yes, not many had an AES, some owned a consolidized MVS. Games were up to ~780 MBit. Other module based consoles at this time had max 32MBit, which explains the massive prices a bit. Anyway, you dont need to play the waiting game. MAME is capable of Neo Geo for more than a decade.

Last edited by ciaomao,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SNK are daft. All they had to do was copy Nintendo and people would've been lining up to buy it. Instead, they keep releasing a million different colours of handheld-but-not-portable console.. and now a new arcade stick that exactly nobody wanted for it.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
SNK are daft. All they had to do was copy Nintendo and people would've been lining up to buy it. Instead, they keep releasing a million different colours of handheld-but-not-portable console.. and now a new arcade stick that exactly nobody wanted for it.
You know about the pocket device, they had? I would call this portable....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_Pocket_Color
Also we dont know exactly what the new arcade stick has to offer.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know about the pocket device, they had? I would call this portable....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_Pocket_Color
Also we dont know exactly what the new arcade stick has to offer.
Yes, the NGPC is actually my favourite portable console of all time. I'm a big SNK fan I even have the Neo Geo X Gold abomination where they couldn't even manage to emulate their own games properly.

My point was, the Neo Geo mini is known for having a terrible HDMI output so instead of releasing tons of different colours of it or this new arcade stick, they should be working to improve that.. or better yet, forget it and release a whole new console that is just a mini AES with a decent upscaling implementation.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Yes, the NGPC is actually my favourite portable console of all time. I'm a big SNK fan I even have the Neo Geo X Gold abomination where they couldn't even manage to emulate their own games properly.

My point was, the Neo Geo mini is known for having a terrible HDMI output so instead of releasing tons of different colours of it or this new arcade stick, they should be working to improve that.. or better yet, forget it and release a whole new console that is just a mini AES with a decent upscaling implementation.

Ok, explanation accepted :)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Btw, I just looked more closely at the bottom of the stick and I think I see 1P and 2P USB C ports? Is it possible they just took the inside of the mini and put it in a controller to compete with the Capcom system coming out soon?

Last edited by subcon959,

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Btw, I just looked more closely at the bottom of the stick and I think I see 1P and 2P USB C ports? Is it possible they just took the inside of the mini and put it in a controller to compete with the Capcom system coming out soon?

yes, possible. nobody outside of the inner circle knows yet

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their...