Hacking NeoGamma Thread

felix1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i m usin neogamma r3 and i keep having this error 559 any1 can tell me wats wrong ? i using mashita dvd ram burner with nero AND imgburn, burning speed at both 2x & 4x. i am using imation 16x dvd-r

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is amazing and getting better all the time, and the Alt. dol option is a life saver for games on WBFS (FOL and HOTD2 off of USB is great). Been able to choose which dol to load would be great for some games, at least until a cIOS with the Reload IOS block becomes available.

Are there any plans to add CLI (or whatever it would be classed as on the Wii) to this? I was thinking of trying to do a mod myself to add this so it could also be used as a backend for other loaders, reducing replication of effort and making it easier/quicker to roll out future fixes for new games or cIOS problems. But if there's any plans to do this I'd rather not fork this and mess it up with my bad codeing.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cwstjdenobs said:
This is amazing and getting better all the time, and the Alt. dol option is a life saver for games on WBFS (FOL and HOTD2 off of USB is great). Been able to choose which dol to load would be great for some games, at least until a cIOS with the Reload IOS block becomes available.

Are there any plans to add CLI (or whatever it would be classed as on the Wii) to this? I was thinking of trying to do a mod myself to add this so it could also be used as a backend for other loaders, reducing replication of effort and making it easier/quicker to roll out future fixes for new games or cIOS problems. But if there's any plans to do this I'd rather not fork this and mess it up with my bad codeing.

CLI?

D

Deleted User

cwstjdenobs said:

yea i agree this is getting better every release .

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry, argument handling. Like command line apps. Say launch it with arguments -U DISCID to launch a game on USB, or -W -AD -PAL60 to load a game off of WOD using the alternate dol and video mode forced to PAL60.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cwstjdenobs said:
Sorry, argument handling. Like command line apps. Say launch it with arguments -U DISCID to launch a game on USB, or -W -AD -PAL60 to load a game off of WOD using the alternate dol and video mode forced to PAL60.

I see where this is leading, and i said no to autoboot. But adding arguments for settings and disc to mount to wishlist.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
cwstjdenobs said:

I see where this is leading, and i said no to autoboot. But adding arguments for settings and disc to mount to wishlist.

No, sorry. Like I said for other loaders to use as a backend, I probably shouldn't have added -PAL60 to the example above. It could also be used with dol loaders like http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155563 to add your favourite games to the menu by just setting different arguments. Also when a new cIOS breaks something or a 002c fix is needed, people wouldn't have to wait for the writer of their prefered gui to finally listen to you, just replace NeoGamma with the new one and gui loader is fixed.

EDIT: I was thinking that those devs who choose to could turn there GUI's into WBFS managers, letting people add, delete, and select games and options, then launch the game via NeoGamma. They could even add an option to uodate to newer NeoGamma releases when they come out, getting rid of the need to update the whole app, and reducing download size.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Makar8000 said:

Thanks for the info
smile.gif

Anyone making a channel for this ??

jcee2k5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the R4 edition from the link a couple of posts above & managed to finally get My Sims Racing to work with this. I'm getting rid of the other backup loaders I have since all I need is this now.

One thing, instead of having to go into HBC to load Neogamma, is there a forwarder available to have as a channel?

ajamils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed NeoGamma R3 on 4.0 firmware Wii with CIOS 249 rev 13a and I don't understand why some games load perfectly (from external hard drive) while others (that load from USB Loader GX) get stuck at "Launching Game" screen. Punchout loads every time so I don't think its 002 fix issue but games like Tiger Woods 10, Virtua Tennis 2009 do not load.

Any help would be apprecaited.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ajamils said:
I recently installed NeoGamma R3 on 4.0 firmware Wii with CIOS 249 rev 13a and I don't understand why some games load perfectly (from external hard drive) while others (that load from USB Loader GX) get stuck at "Launching Game" screen. Punchout loads every time so I don't think its 002 fix issue but games like Tiger Woods 10, Virtua Tennis 2009 do not load.

Is the hooktype set to VI? That's the only thing i know of to produce problems. Get NeoGamma R4 and set the hooktype to none, that should work. Please report back if even this does not work.

grifter.be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiPower said:
ajamils said:

Is the hooktype set to VI? That's the only thing i know of to produce problems. Get NeoGamma R4 and set the hooktype to none, that should work. Please report back if even this does not work.

I have hombrewchannel. I have backuploader 3

but how do i even instal al tis stuff?

thx on fw

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have cIOS installed (rev13a recommended). After that, just copy the folder (the one you downloaded called NeoGamma) to your "apps" folder on your SD card. You can then run it from the Homebrew Channel.

Benighted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mirror Here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/auiufx

Channel works perfectly, tested by me.

BTW, does anyone know the correct settings for Red Steel to work? Mine keeps freezing at the start screen just like ghost busters at the white screen.Maybe Im doing something wrong.

EDIT: NVM, IOS patcher did the trick.

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great app, just one question:
I've got ocarina on my SD card, and start a game from usb, game runs fine but the codes won't work. Any help on the setup for ocarina in NeoGamma?
Thanx
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la