Hacking NeoGamma Thread

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i try r4 on cios rev9 , grand slam tennis don't load, hooktype to none.

there is something to setting for?

Thank you very much, i think is non compatible with rev9

Lorenzo

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lorenzo67 said:

Lorenzo

Sorry, but "don't load" is not enough information.

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the game start and i see the first screen but i don't see the rotating yellow ball in the right down angle...after don't loading game and stay with this image...forever until i don't reset wii.

If you want more information, i'am very happy to give you.

Lorenzo

thanks for your work

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You've probably already seen this but the configurable usb loader seems to be having some luck with IOS reload block using the hermes cIOS 222 and 223. I don't know if you're only planning support for waninkoks cIOSs, but I guess this will be rolled into some future revision, and might help you get a head start on it.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638&st=1185

oggzee said:
cfg v32a1 (alpha1)

http://sharebee.com/ea1fe61c

- Block IOS Reload option
(works only with IOS 222-mload or 223-mload)

Note: I only tested it with house of the dead 2 and seems to work.
Please test it with other games that require the ios reload block.

Edit: Sorry, just seen your post in that thread.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cwstjdenobs said:
You've probably already seen this but the configurable usb loader seems to be having some luck with IOS reload block using the hermes cIOS 222 and 223. I don't know if you're only planning support for waninkoks cIOSs, but I guess this will be rolled into some future revision, and might help you get a head start on it.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638&st=1185
[...]

Thanks for the info. But i don't think i will integrate mload support soon.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I updated to R4, tried redsteel with alt dol enabled and hooktype set to GC. But when it loads, instead of REDE41.dol which I tried with GX later and was the correct filename. Neogamma was looking for REDE.dol instead. Is it a bug in R4? HOTD 2&3 as well looks for RHDE.dol instead of RHDE8P.dol.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lorenzo67 said:

Lorenzo

For some reason, you have to set the video mode to NTSC 480p in NeoGamma, and then the game will load and play fne
smile.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bloodlust said:
I updated to R4, tried redsteel with alt dol enabled and hooktype set to GC. But when it loads, instead of REDE41.dol which I tried with GX later and was the correct filename. Neogamma was looking for REDE.dol instead. Is it a bug in R4? HOTD 2&3 as well looks for RHDE.dol instead of RHDE8P.dol.

Dimok copied this feature from NeoGamma but changed it. Question answered?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiPower said:
Bloodlust said:

Dimok copied this feature from NeoGamma but changed it. Question answered?

Yep, was getting a bit confused here. Thanks.

FlyingFinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks Wiipower!
I updated to latest version, with 002 gamma fix setting and cios rev10 everything works great including ghostb. Keep up the excellent work and remember that there are may happy users who may sometimes forget to say thanks!

FlyingFinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks Wiipower!
I updated to latest version, with 002 gamma fix setting and cios rev10 everything works great including ghostb. Keep up the excellent work and remember that there are may happy users who may sometimes forget to say thanks!

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Vegeta said:
Here is a channel WAD I updated (originally made by djay) with WiiPower's NeoGamma R4 RC1 boot.dol:

2ujrypt.jpg

No autoboot or force video modes and the channel image is in widescreen.

Download: http://www.2shared.com/file/6110653/5ef729...sc_Channel.html

I love the looks of this, but i don't have a wide screen TV.
Could you please make a 4:3 version?
thanks in advance

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How do i use the Ocarina cheats with RC4 ??

I have tried several options but cant seem to get them working... i could get them working with R4 RC1 using the method below....

My cheat .GCT files are on my SD card in a folder called "codes" , which is the way you use them with the Gecko OS Channel, i go into options and switch "Ocarina on" to SD (using cIOS) but there is no message or anything saying "code list found" when booting the game, and then no cheats come on...

Thanks

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
gjac1 said:

I have tried several options but cant seem to get them working... i could get them working with R4 RC1 using the method below....

My cheat .txt files are on my SD card in a folder called "codes" , which is the way you use them with the Gecko OS Channel, i go into options and switch "Ocarina on" to SD (using cIOS) but there is no message or anything saying "code list found" when booting the game, and then no cheats come on...

Thanks

You must convert TXT in GCT format, using a PC program (Code Manager) or a Wii homebrew : Cheat Manager.
With these homebrews, you choose wich cheat to use and you "save" the list in GCT format, in SD:/CODES/ and then all loaders (DVD, USB, etc.) can found them.
Every game can have a GCT, named with game ID (6 char).

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OuahOuah said:
gjac1 said:

My cheat .txt files are on my SD card in a folder called "codes" , which is the way you use them with the Gecko OS Channel, i go into options and switch "Ocarina on" to SD (using cIOS) but there is no message or anything saying "code list found" when booting the game, and then no cheats come on...

Thanks

You must convert TXT in GCT format, using a PC program (Code Manager) or a Wii homebrew : Cheat Manager.
With these homebrews, you choose wich cheat to use and you "save" the list in GCT format, in SD:/CODES/ and then all loaders (DVD, USB, etc.) can found them.
Every game can have a GCT, named with game ID (6 char).

Sorry thats my fault, i ment to say that the cheat files are in GCT format in a folder called "codes" on my SD card...

They worked with RC3 and now, with nothing different that i am doing, they dont seem to work with RC4

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gjac1 said:

My cheat .GCT files are on my SD card in a folder called "codes" , which is the way you use them with the Gecko OS Channel, i go into options and switch "Ocarina on" to SD (using cIOS) but there is no message or anything saying "code list found" when booting the game, and then no cheats come on...

Thanks

What do you think why "readme" is called "readme"?

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
gjac1 said:

Thanks

What do you think why "readme" is called "readme"?

Erm..i have read the "readme" file but as i said, the codes worked fine with RC3 but now not with RC4, no hooktypes where needed..i have tried the GCT files in both a folder called "codes" and "NeoGamma/codes" , i dont even get a message saying if codes where or where not found on the SD card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!