Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

JackKieser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question. So, I just burned a multidisc ISO of Soul Calibur 2, Super Mario Sunshine, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle; all three of the ISOs were originally PAL, but I have an NTSC Wii hooked up to my TV using component cables. Whenever I boot SC, the game plays very... slowly, like running through molasses. SA2B just gives me a black screen. I haven't tried SMS yet.

I want to fix one problem at a time, so I'm focusing on getting SC2 to run before I tackle SA2B. Is there a reason why it would be running so slowly? And how can I fix it?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiPower said:
Bloodlust said:
Have not updated neogamma for a long time. Can I ask if :

1) d2x cIOSes are now supported? (Including the latest beta)
2) Does neogamma still only allow cIOS249 ?

1) There was a time when they were not supported?
2) I don't understand the question

AFAIK, neogamma only supports waninkoko's cIOS249 (From the older days of his rev14-21) & I have no clue if it runs disc or USB backups from the recent d2x ones. My 2nd question is that besides using slot 249, can it utilize 248/250 etc..
mellow.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bloodlust said:
Bloodlust said:
AFAIK, neogamma only supports waninkoko's cIOS249 (From the older days of his rev14-21) & I have no clue if it runs disc or USB backups from the recent d2x ones. My 2nd question is that besides using slot 249, can it utilize 248/250 etc..
mellow.gif
1) They are fully supported and there was no time where it was not supported. The d2x IOSes are even recommended from neogamma if you have not seen it.
2) It is possible to use other IOS slots, take a look here:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-bet...t&p=3442325

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiipower, in a past thread of yours about IOS reload games, you stated if a savegame was created with a retail game, and then playing a backup that was patched to IOS249, there may be a chance to brick.

QUOTE said:
PS: If you played one of these games unpatched, and now you patch(IOS Version patch) it in order to get it to work, you might run into savegame problems. It's confirmed that if you play FarCry until the crash point with the unpatched disc and then play further with the patched disc that you get savegame bugs up to a "system files are corrupt" message. So if you read this because you were searching a fix for one of these games, delete the savegame or have good brick protection when you patch now!

Is there any worries if I have a savegame that was created with backup that was patched to 249, and now (with the release of d2x cios) I can load my clean iso with CFG, is there a chance to brick due to the savegame from a patched ISO?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't say much about this. I forgot about this problem, somebody reported me that FarCry bug. If you leave the game patched though, i doubt it messes anything up, but i really can't say anything for sure.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always kept the clean ISO(s) on my usb hdd and played the patched version from disc, I will report of any problems using the savegame from the patched version now that clean rips are compatible.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
FIX94 said:
Bloodlust said:
Bloodlust said:
mellow.gif
1) They are fully supported and there was no time where it was not supported. The d2x IOSes are even recommended from neogamma if you have not seen it.
2) It is possible to use other IOS slots, take a look here:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-bet...t&p=3442325

Thanks, wasn't even aware there was an IOS switcher... cheers!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OGTiago said:
Is there any way of getting a better image quality? Better yet, at least run 4:3 so it doesn't stretch the image?

I tried PAL 480p, NTSC 480p, Wii, and none of those work. I have to leave it on "Disc" to get the game to work.

Settings in your tv

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have a quick question. Might be kind of infantile, but figured I'd be able to
get a quick answer. I installed NEOGAMMA_R9_B49 and it seems to be working fine from the homebrew
channel. Now when I click on my forwarder channel it says that its Neogamma R9 B47. Now that makes sense cause I installed that as a wad from somewhere I got here which aint no problem. I was
just wondering if theres a forwarder channel for the new NEOGAMMA_R9_B49. I imagine before
anything I'd have to uninstall the Neogamma R9 B47 Forwarder channel which I still have the wad for and it shouldnt be a problem. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks for all the work guys.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A forwarder channel is a channel that loads a .dol from sd card or usb storage. Maybe you have a hybrid forwarder that has the beta47 included in itself and it looks on a certain path on sd card or usb storage for a new version.

ShadowSonic2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
freestile said:
Hey guys I have a quick question. Might be kind of infantile, but figured I'd be able to
get a quick answer. I installed NEOGAMMA_R9_B49 and it seems to be working fine from the homebrew
channel. Now when I click on my forwarder channel it says that its Neogamma R9 B47. Now that makes sense cause I installed that as a wad from somewhere I got here which aint no problem. I was
just wondering if theres a forwarder channel for the new NEOGAMMA_R9_B49. I imagine before
anything I'd have to uninstall the Neogamma R9 B47 Forwarder channel which I still have the wad for and it shouldnt be a problem. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks for all the work guys.

Forwarder channels load from the SD Card so it should show B49. What you installed is probably a regular channel and not a forwarder channel. I don't have a forwarder channel wad on me at this moment, might post it later.

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey ShadowSonic2 thanks for the help and all the previous help at the other sites.
Yeah I think I installed the actual channel, and not the forwarder channel. I think maybe it was made
by cile, but not sure. Thanks for letting me know whats up dude.

Edit: On a sort of related/unrelated note, can someone explain to me how to change the IOS.
Theres an example in some threads earlier with this http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-bet...p;#entry3442325 but I cant figure out how to get it working. Seems like I'm not sure
on how to install the dol. Sorry guys, I'm really not that much of a noob I just forget things sometimes.
Surprised that the switching of IOS isn't implemented in NeoGamma yet. Thanks for the response WiiPower
and ShadowSonic2

Edit: Alright got this going but when I try to launch it it says "Couldn't open the NeoGamma Config File" Press Any Button
to Exit. Not sure whats up. I did see a gameconfig.txt, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Thanks guys for letting me know whats up.

Edit: Got it going. Didn't know I had to save the config file in NeoGamma. Rock on.

africansk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got 3 gamecube iso's on one disc, and NeoGamma loads two of them perfectly, but the third game (Simpson's Hit and Run) gets to the copyright screen and then freezes. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get it working? I checked the compatibility chart and it said that users reported no issues with the game. What settings should I mess around with to get it running? Would changing the loader from "internal" to "external" help maybe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it