Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
emu_pwn said:
any thoughts on when R10 will be and wii features will continue.....

THANKS FOR R9

smile.gif

Currently i have no idea what's missing for wii games. Sure there's wiinnertag and other filesystems, but what game relevant is missing? For gamecube games on the other hand the compatiblity is still not 100%, while it could be as even the latest GC games are 3-4 years old. Don't come with IOS Reloading games, that's a cIOS issue.

So no plans for a R10, and R9 will only get a final release when it has 100% GC Reatail and Backup compatability.
do you think 100% is a possibility?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
100% should be possible, because there's nobody that is able to ruin it by releasing a new game with a new protection.

There's not many games i know that are incompatible:
007 Agent under Fire:
I know what's going on with this, it's just complicated to fix this. At the end of level 2 it reads the next .elf into a buffer, the backup plugin patches it there, and then the game moves the .elf to its real position. This disturbes the patched functions, because half of them contain relative jmups. Let's say the .elf is loaded to offset 0x100, the 1st patched function is located at 0x200, the replacement function is at 0x10. The jump is to the relative offset -0x1F0 then. After the .elf is moved to its real offset, 0x2000, the patched function jumps to 0x1F10 instead of 0x10. (all the offsets are just examples!) I tried to use jumps with fixed offsets, but that's where it gets complicated. The relative jump is just 1 command, the jump with the fixed offset requires 4 commands, which leads to a complicated problem i won't describe further here. And even if i fix this jump, the backup plugin still needs to know where to jump back, which is changed by the game moving the .elf. Ok, if i would actually replace all dvd functions this wouldn't be a problem, but i patch some functions in between, like the dvd read itself. This way i save a lot of memory and i don't need to actually write a video dvd read call.

007 Everything or Nothing:
I guess something simiar to Agent under Fire is going on, but i can't say. If i would get a debug output for the game it would help me a bit.

Phantasy Star Online:
Strange stuff happens, which i guess it is some kind of protection. I wait until SD-Boot 1.0 is released and will look how emu_kidid fixed this game for his loader.

Playing games from other regions might get complicated. If i manipulate the SRAM, i think i could change with which language the games are booted, but i don't know enough about SRAM to know if there would be any side effects. Like overwriting the system language...

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pippin666 said:
Does all those challanges excites you WiiPower ??

If they wouldn't, why should i work on these games? Aren't the james bond games all first person shooters? My interest in first person shooters is really low, and when using a gamepad as controller...

KIIM

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FSTFIX option t (align 32kb) breaks Eternal Darkness for Neogamma.
Also for WiiGator's 0.2,but FULL iso works whit Neogamma's high plugin.
shrunk also works with high plugin and audio fix: no + 32k
BREAKS FSTFIX ISO's ????

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just popped in, and noticed how much you updated since I last checked (beta 29
tongue.gif
).

Just wondering, is the NTSC-U Wind Waker fix only for retail? Or is it also fixed for backups (multi-ISO in particular)?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KIIM said:
FSTFIX option t (align 32kb) breaks Eternal Darkness for Neogamma.
Also for WiiGator's 0.2,but FULL iso works whit Neogamma's high plugin.
shrunk also works with high plugin and audio fix: no + 32k
BREAKS FSTFIX ISO's ????

That's really strange. What issue do you get with the fstfixed Eternal Darkness disc? Do you have a modchip?

QUOTE(YayMii @ Oct 6 2010, 12:53 AM) Just popped in, and noticed how much you updated since I last checked (beta 29
tongue.gif
).

Just wondering, is the NTSC-U Wind Waker fix only for retail? Or is it also fixed for backups (multi-ISO in particular)?

The latest update was for retail discs(modchip users) only. For backups it was fixed a few revisions earlier.

KIIM

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have no modchip ,it stucks at the loading screen

Loading backup disc ...
disc id: GEDP01, name: Eternal Darkness
Using high plugin ...
Reloader activated ...

it stays there forever......................

0bsur3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Loading backup disc ...
disc id: GEDP01 (mine appears: GEDE01), name: Eternal Darkness

Audio Streaming bit set and
found 53 audio streams...

Launching the game...

But freezes on Edgar Allan Poe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the FSTFIX, option S (streamfix - says FIXED), but option T (align 32kb - says NOT FIXED)

Tried with 3 different isos, PAL and NTSC

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hmm.. I don´t know if this is the proper place to ask, but i´ve been reading since a few days about WIIGATOR´S MIOSPATCHER 0.2 AND to my surprise, due i´m a SoftModded Wii user, I "believe" I read somewhere WIIGATOR MIOS 0.2 (rev10cMIOS) fixes audiostream, namely audiofix for some games like StarFox Adventures (Backup, not retail). Is that true?

Please, someone experienced in this clear this up!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Coto said:
Hmm.. I don´t know if this is the proper place to ask, but i´ve been reading since a few days about WIIGATOR´S MIOSPATCHER 0.2 AND to my surprise, due i´m a SoftModded Wii user, I "believe" I read somewhere WIIGATOR MIOS 0.2 (rev10cMIOS) fixes audiostream, namely audiofix for some games like StarFox Adventures (Backup, not retail). Is that true?

Most audio stream related issues are just not existant for softmodded users, because audio streams aren't played. The cMIOS only has something to do with it, if you use the version with the included loader and you actually use it. (which you don't if you use NeoGamma GC mode internal)

If you want to play the game, get a gamecube compatible cIOS, install the recommend cMIOS from this thread, update your NeoGamma to the latest version, set it to GC mode internal, and then it should work.

Oh and all games that actually use audio streams, Star Fox Adventures does, must not be shrunken, or they won't work.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
WiiPower said:
Coto said:

Most audio stream related issues are just not existant for softmodded users, because audio streams aren't played. The cMIOS only has something to do with it, if you use the version with the included loader and you actually use it. (which you don't if you use NeoGamma GC mode internal)

If you want to play the game, get a gamecube compatible cIOS, install the recommend cMIOS from this thread, update your NeoGamma to the latest version, set it to GC mode internal, and then it should work.

Oh and all games that actually use audio streams, Star Fox Adventures does, must not be shrunken, or they won't work.

So.. i´ve installed everything you suggested, even switched to ios56 as base for GC loading.

1. I had a disc before of StarFox Adventures not shrunken, and tested it now, but, i still get no voices, however, there´s a message at MIOS screen patching about "expect no audio stream". I didn´t knew of "fstfix" which aligns data to 32KB as you said earlier. So must I rebuild a raw StarFox Assault ISO and apply fstfix, then add it to multigame iso creator un-shrunked, then burn?

2. So far I just burned Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 GC, applied fstfix and the main OST tracks appeared at DOS window referring to: "NOT fixed (filename).adp" why is this? Unsupported game? (The game works perfectly on any MIOS like waninkoko, but not this one... even on GCinternal mode)

Thanks again..
wink.gif

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Sorry for double post, but I used "fstfix s t" on a Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 GC iso. At DOS screen output appeared a lot of "archive.etc FIXED" incluiding names of the main game´s OST. But no matter what options I tried in NeoGamma, (GC Mode internal audiofix:YES/YES+32KB,LOW/HIGH PLUGIN) at MIOS screen there aren´t any messages of "audiostreams detected" as StarFox Assault do.

In game I can´t listen to OST Music, but voices and stuff I can.

Is this an unsupported game??

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Audio streams will most likely never work on softmodded Wiis. NeoGamma's audio stream detection isn't detecting all streams, so it sounds likely what you tell. Also fstfix s is only relevant for modchip users, specifically those with modchips with partly audio streaming support.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
WiiPower said:
Audio streams will most likely never work on softmodded Wiis. NeoGamma's audio stream detection isn't detecting all streams, so it sounds likely what you tell. Also fstfix s is only relevant for modchip users, specifically those with modchips with partly audio streaming support.

You was quite helpful again...

Thanks Wiipowah
wink.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not a bug. Maybe that's some kind of protection, but more likely just unusual code. The game reads some .elf file into a buffer after the 2nd level and copies it from there to where it needs to be. Until now it was patched directly after reading which caused to jump to wrong offsets->crash. The fix is to look at the header and calculate where the .elf belongs and keeping that in mind when patching it. Well the information used from the header is really basic and may not work for all .elf files, that's why this is not the new default behavior.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiPower said:
It's not a bug. Maybe that's some kind of protection, but more likely just unusual code. The game reads some .elf file into a buffer after the 2nd level and copies it from there to where it needs to be. Until now it was patched directly after reading which caused to jump to wrong offsets->crash. The fix is to look at the header and calculate where the .elf belongs and keeping that in mind when patching it. Well the information used from the header is really basic and may not work for all .elf files, that's why this is not the new default behavior.
Protection? A bit like metroid prime trilogy?
Oh, and
QUOTE- Gamecube loading(internal GC mode): Fixed Ocarina & wiird not working correctly with .elfs(only backups and just theorectically not tested)
Do you mean that cheats with backups can be possible now?
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dsc01065l.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo