My Shameful Request for Help

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by recordrevolution, Mar 3, 2015.

1. recordrevolution
    OP

recordrevolution Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2015
    Canada
    All right, all right I guess I was cocky.

I know there's already a gazillion threads asking for help around these boards, but I'm admittedly not well versed in some of the jargon, and am a little clueless about what my next steps should be. If any of you all-knowing hackensteins could lend some knowledge or guidance, it'd be deeply appreciated, and I promise to send you a bouquet of entertaining gifs.

I finally got around to installing homebrew on my wiiu's vwii today, but it hasn't gone quite as hoped. I followed Truth's guide, and was able to install the homebrew channel without issue.

keys.bin and nand.bin were both created, and I installed beta53alt on 56-249, 57-250, 58-251. I got Wiiflow up and running, and installed the channel on the Wii menu. I also installed the homebrew browser.

From there, I downloaded and booted up Retroarch, but found that it was unresponsive with my Wiimote+. After a few failed attempts, I opted to try a different emulator, and installed snes9xgx and vbagx as well as their channel installers. Trying to open either of them however gives me a black screen, and freezes the console, forcing me to unplug the power supply to restart (a genuinely terrifying idea for a new wiiu owner)

I figure that I must have done something wrong at some point - neither retroarch nor snes nor vba have opened up to a point that I could attempt to load a rom file. I don't want to mess with it any further, at risk of unwittingly making things worse. Is it time to consider a revert to my original nand backup? My end-goal for now is just to have the softwares mentioned by Adeka in this thread.

Thanks in advance and please forgive my noobiness!

2. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    The reason why your snes9xgx and vbagx forwarders are giving you a black screen is because those channel installers are for wii not vWii here are some vWii forwarders. https://www.sendspace.com/file/9t2xi1

recordrevolution likes this.
  3. recordrevolution
    OP

recordrevolution Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2015
    Canada
    you are a beautiful creature.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.