Gaming Monster Rancher DS Hype Thread

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know right! Which is why I was looking forward to using cheats. I won't get into it though. I won't have internet back up for a while so I am wondering which games to get. With cheats I will finish Monster Rancher because I am not wasting my time training and freezing the whole time. I do not know when that will be updated though. To summarize it. It is good for a few people and it sucks for others. For me it sucks. Unless somebody is kind enough to update a usrcheat and provide me with it today otherwise I am stuck with this.
closedeyes.gif

Also I have B rank. I can't get any higher because my monsters get old and require freezing and because the effort put into training is wasted because by the time it is ready to go it is too old to use. Game fails!

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
liquidnumb said:
Is the copy that's out now a late beta or something? I noticed some monsters have no textures.
Those are the results of an impossible combination of monsters. Like, if a Wolf is crossed with something it can't be crossed with it will have that odd bluish appearance. This can occur from generation too, but they are somewhat uncommon.

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DemonicChocobo said:
liquidnumb said:
Is the copy that's out now a late beta or something? I noticed some monsters have no textures.
Those are the results of an impossible combination of monsters. Like, if a Wolf is crossed with something it can't be crossed with it will have that odd bluish appearance. This can occur from generation too, but they are somewhat uncommon.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by impossible, since the ones I'm talking about show up in arena.

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 29 species. There are only around 200 monsters in the game.

As you can see, not every combination will produce a unique monster. Those that don't have a special designation result in those weird untextured monsters.

If you still can't understand, then no. This is not a late beta. Those monsters were in the Japanese version too.

Dimaz Fury

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Shinigami357 said:
about the aging thing... here's an excerpt form wiki:
QUOTE said:
The breeder must take it in hand to raise the monster throughout its life, training it, keeping it healthy, making an exercise schedule, and trying to maximize its abilities before it dies of old age or is retired
yeah, basically its the same formula: train >> battle >> freeze >> combine >> offspring with better stats >> rinse & repeat..

but, there's also hidden parameter that affect the stats gain for the offspring: if you reset the game, the current monster you train will have ridiculously low potential, means that even if you have uber-stats monster, the offspring that came from it only gain negligible portion. thats why my first monster going to a waste...
mellow.gif

Dimaz Fury

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
ah, sorry for the confusion.. lets say you already have a trained monster, and saved at least once -- then if you continue playing but didn't save the game before turned it off, the so-called hidden parameter "Action Points" that dictate monster-fusion potential (on current monster), goes down pretty badly..

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
What's that action point thing :| ? I can't understand why turning off without saving can mess up with it... Is it a sort of penalty like Mr. Resetti in Animal Crossing ? If yes, why is it considered like "cheating" ?

Man... I think that I'm not playing this game at his full potential
tongue.gif

Dimaz Fury

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
ah yes, i forgot to mention that "Resetti" thingy as a comparison
tongue.gif
but there's cheat code to get Mr. Resetti out of job, so there's a good chance to create one for this game too..

to learn more bout this (n some other stuff), you may want to visit this site:
Code:
http://www.monster-rancher.com/discus/index.html
then browse to Monster Rancher DS Archive (DS) >> Japanese DS Games Archive >> Monster Farm DS 2

and from GameFAQs..
Code:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/946519-monster-rancher-ds/55890443

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks for the links ! I wonder if Real Time Save/Load counts as a reset or not... And what's than RNG thing ?

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dimaz Fury said:
ah yes, i forgot to mention that "Resetti" thingy as a comparison
tongue.gif
but there's cheat code to get Mr. Resetti out of job, so there's a good chance to create one for this game too..

to learn more bout this (n some other stuff), you may want to visit this site:
Code:
http://www.monster-rancher.com/discus/index.html
then browse to Monster Rancher DS Archive (DS) >> Japanese DS Games Archive >> Monster Farm DS 2

and from GameFAQs..
Code:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/946519-monster-rancher-ds/55890443

hey thats the site ive been talkin about last time, i thought it was goner coz the one on my bookmark aint working, thanks for postin this:D i forgot how i could get the beaklon,henger,xenon,phoenix,zan,durahan monster, damn i really miss my chaos xenon
smileipb2.png

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I hope the complete guide for this game will be translated...

@Exbaddude : If you're talking about the rom, it's not considered as relased by the scene, but if you search well you can find a pre-scene rom.

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ritsuki said:
I hope the complete guide for this game will be translated...

@Exbaddude : If you're talking about the rom, it's not considered as relased by the scene, but if you search well you can find a pre-scene rom.

Oh! Thank you! (: Googling time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes Jeff Butts a reporter you can trust