Drastic DS Emulator is Now Free!!

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say the Surface Duo stands out for having stylus support on top of its dual 4:3 screens. It really is a shame there aren’t more controllers out there for it because those screens are some of the nicest 4:3 ones on the market.
The first DS game I played on my N3DSXL was Super Mario 64 DS. That Circle Pad makes ALL the difference.

They really need to make a sequel to Kid Icarus : Uprising when the Switch 2 comes out. I actually bought the damned Circle Pad Pro attachment for my original 3DS and used it on two games. That one and Kingdom Hearts - Dream Drop Distance. What a waste of money.

Reactions: Scarlet

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Honestly, DS emulation is never going to be anywhere near as good as playing on native hardware with a flash card. Optimal set up is a New 3DSXL with a card that has real-time save functionality.

The Android emus are best for RPGs and light stuff. Civilization Revolution is bloody fantastic, as well as things like the Ace Attorney series, or Advance Wars. Garbage for platformers or action games.
well, you're supposed to put it in a telescope controller.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave it a try, but it looks like it's incomplete. I used the site below to grab it about the same time I tried this. This gave me an apk of 7,269kb, while the real one is 10,676kb. I would normally be worried about what that site added, and if it's shady, but looking inside of the APKs, I see that the smaller file is missing the lib directory completely. A couple files in the meta-inf folder are different, as well as in res.
Thanks for that! Got it :D

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: _47iscool
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now if only I could find a working apk downloader that isn't a trojan... :wacko:

Anybody know a legit place for that, or a legit android app for making an apk within android? I already set it up to download to my Switch next time I boot into Android (from the play store).

@WalterSlovotsky yea, I have flash carts for 3DS, but I want to play it on the Quest, so I can play on a "big screen" B-)
Android Apps

- Aurora Store: https://f-droid.org/packages/com.aurora.store/ -- free and open source; grabs from Google servers. Basically as legit as it gets :)

- SAI: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aefyr.sai.fdroid/ -- likewise; backs up split APKs (or regular APKs) properly.

[Edit]

APKMirror and APKPure (as you mentioned) are good for getting supposedly clean APKs too. (They tend to provide single APKs that seem to be not device specific, unlike the split APKs you sometimes get from Play Store/ Aurora Store. Perhaps useful for archival purposes.)

Last edited by genistopitauniverfrocrami,

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
For emulation Samsung Note phone comes close if not for one little tiny detail.
It can't read input from finger on soft keys AND stylus at the same time.
I think it's not strictly hardware problem but software problem so in theory it could be fixed someday.
However it would have to be Samsung to do that or custom software somehow.
DraStic unfortunately can't jump over it as far as I know.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I paid or it as well, years ago, when there was not much of anything else. I moved on to MelonDS about a half a year ago, though. MelonDS surpassed it a while ago as far as I'm concerned. I'm guessing it was pretty hard for him to expect $5 when the free emulator can actually do DSi complete with executing a DSi NAND.

ultros7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Source code when?
The fact that it doesn't have per-game settings is criminal. At least now that it's free I can stop complaining about it.
Source code would be great though, porting it to Linux and Windows, adding multiplayer maybe, retro achievements support, per-game settings, etc... I can only dream.

Reactions: Tarmfot

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
I paid or it as well, years ago, when there was not much of anything else. I moved on to MelonDS about a half a year ago, though. MelonDS surpassed it a while ago as far as I'm concerned. I'm guessing it was pretty hard for him to expect $5 when the free emulator can actually do DSi complete with executing a DSi NAND.
Melon ds on android does support scaling yet ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto