Gaming Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - Temp Hunters Guild

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I made a mixed Jaggi X set with artisan X for awaken!

It's pretty good...with Attack Up (M), Recovery Spd Up + 2, and Halve Stun and of course, awaken! :)

Update: Took down Green Plesioth today! Wow, that was a nasty fight. Roll in, smack it a bit, roll out. Got nailed several times with his water beam. (Makes normal plesioth looks weak!)

Also farming Zinogre for horns and his stupid Jasper. (Upgrading his dual blades for the fight again G-rank Pinky Rathian...)

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just had a bit of a funny battle in Moga Woods, at night, hunting a Rathian. I chase it to it's nesting spot. It clobbers me with a well timed strike of it's tail, and dizzies me. Before I can totally break out of that attack, it sprays me with fire, knocking me off the cliff, and still on fire. It made me laugh...although...:)

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm running in full Jaggi X, farming Gigginox and Wroggi for their armors right now. It takes so much more time to kill and farm stuff in g-rank than in high rank :glare: I've also made a Arzuros X for my gathering set, much better than my previous leather armor ;)

Reactions: astrangeone

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm running in full Jaggi X, farming Gigginox and Wroggi for their armors right now. It takes so much more time to kill and farm stuff in g-rank than in high rank :glare: I've also made a Arzuros X for my gathering set, much better than my previous leather armor ;)

I'm still trying to kill Pink Rathian (switched to my rusty SnS). Good grief she spams her tail way too much. I think I'd try again today...

Luckily, I'm meeting up with a bunch of other hunters on Thursday, so it will be fair and interesting again!

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Unfortunately I'm playing solo only, I've tried to contact a 3DS scene in my town but it's practically dead, only few people playing Mario Kart (which I also do, but I would prefer to hunt with them rather than race ;) ) I found that with P Rathian the tail dance is the only dangerous attack, anticipating and evading it is the key to victory, having Evasion +1/+2 really helps with that as you can pretty much roll in random direction and you will probably end up untouched.
Also Wroggi X + setting up your shakas to have healing L and antidote dances and they will heal you dozen of times in one quest, really helps in early G-Rank.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I've been getting good enough to anticipate her rolling/aerial spin! (I've noticed she does this start up growl, an d then launches herself in the air.)

I almost killed her today - just ended up trying to end her with Zinogre ds and gemmed in poison negate. She ended me with a couple of charges and a spin directly on me...

Good grief, she's hard.

I think she's worst than Green Plessy. Green Plessy was easy and pretty much doesn't have an annoying aoe attack (Pink Rathian's massive fireball explosion).

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, Green Plesioth is way easier than her, especially if you are not afraid to fight him underwater (which I know a lot of people hate). Actually I feel that his moveset is kinda lacking and he tends to just stand there and stare into infinity which gives you so much free hits (especially with stuff like DS). Pink Rathian gave me hard time even on HR so I was really afraid to fight her on G-Rank. I've managed to get her on my first try but I used most potion and it took me like 25 or 30 minutes. After that I went for Gigginox and this guy/gal is crazy, it took me more than 40 minutes the first time and I carted 2 times, used all antidotes and potions including supply ones. I've actually managed to get the last few drops for the full armour set and I got my times down to 20 minutes if I capture (I usually don't, but Foul Venom Glands which you need 9 have 30% chance for capture and only 16% for carve).

Reactions: astrangeone

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, exactly. The Plesioth stands there, especially on land...what a derpy monster! (*hugs Plesioth*)

I'm so not looking forward to Gigginox in G-rank. (I need to pick up a lot of foul venom glands for the venom based DS...)

Also...Brachy in G-rank...*shudders*

Update: I finished my Great Jaggi X armour! Apparently all I was missing was three pieces of fucium ore and a couple of G. Jaggi Hide+. (Yeah, I did not hunt the Jaggi in HR very much.)

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was getting really bored of longswords so I've made a Brachy Switch Axe and WOW this thing is incredible. Slime + Power Phial is seriously OP, even not upgraded I still get better kill times than with LS and since I have one Brachy Gem laying around I will wreck chaos with upgraded version. I think I have a new favourite weapon ;)

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oooooo...I was thinking of switching to hammer (impact weapon)...instead of taking my favourite dual swords.

I just captured my first pink rathian in G rank! Holy hell, that was nasty. (I was finishing up the fight in the area just outside of the caves, and it starts doing that distinctive limping sound.) I followed it back into the cave, and drop off the shock trap, and it does a charge at me and Kayamba. I tranq it, and it goes down!

I used 15 hi-potions and two lives...

Good grief...

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Grats on the Rathian! Hammers are great, I've played them a lot in High Rank but I've missed cutting off tails too much so I've went back to cutting weapons.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I ended up playing for a good several hours today in a group of really seasoned hunters. There was one kid with HR 285 - that is badass and impressive.

We did Bump Off Barioth, Axe to Grind, and a couple of things of The Creeping Venom. (I'm almost up to finishing off a couple of key quests.)

It's so boring to fight in multiplayer...and these guys were pretty good - getting a kill in eight minutes of Gigginox.

I'm going to be making my GrimGrim Wings (the second better gigginox wings weapon) - I just need one more foul venom gland! (Also, I need to farm a bunch of crappy cutwings/prized stomachs for the final dragon type insect weapon.)

Update: Just made the Grim Grim Wings. Very awesome...although the sharpness is lacking.

I was also looking up a mixed armour set in Athena's ASS for Partbreaker and Sharpness +1.

Here's what I came up with:
- Lagombi Helm X
- Wroggi Mail X
- Renoplos Braces X (ha, finally, someone makes something good with these!)
- Vangis Coil (yep, an HR item!)
- Artisan Greaves X (made it already)

* Six level one destroyer gems.

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Vangis Coil is the only waist item with Torso Up, no wonder it's widely used even in G-Rank. I'm not really a fan of Partbreaker as it doesn't increase your damage and I manage to get most breaks anyway. Also hate materials needed for Artisan armor, I will probably never get those Long Fragments -_-

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Vangis Coil is the only waist item with Torso Up, no wonder it's widely used even in G-Rank. I'm not really a fan of Partbreaker as it doesn't increase your damage and I manage to get most breaks anyway. Also hate materials needed for Artisan armor, I will probably never get those Long Fragments -_-
I chose this set because partbreaker actually gives a little bit more damage, and I find that the "free" hits from flinching actually helps.

Yeah, I'm almost done constructing this set, although...I need a bloody flutterfly and another Great Baggi Piel.

VIIth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I finally got the game!
I've playing since Tuesday, in short bursts, but I played almost all day yesterday.

The 3D effect is great, but it messes up the fonts on screen... it's way more confortable to play it with the 3D effect off...
Anyway, I hunted my first Lagriacus yesteday (I repelled it off the first time in less than five minutes), but capturing it is a pain...

I weakened it enough, but it knocked me just as it got trapped! It became free when the second Tranq Bomb was about to hit it...
And then I had to kill it, since I forgot to bring more traps and tranq bombs...

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I finally got the game!
I've playing since Tuesday, in short bursts, but I played almost all day yesterday.

The 3D effect is great, but it messes up the fonts on screen... it's way more confortable to play it with the 3D effect off...
Anyway, I hunted my first Lagriacus yesteday (I repelled it off the first time in less than five minutes), but capturing it is a pain...

I weakened it enough, but it knocked me just as it got trapped! It became free when the second Tranq Bomb was about to hit it...
And then I had to kill it, since I forgot to bring more traps and tranq bombs...

Congratulations on your first lagi kill! May it bring you more fun.

I agree. I mostly play with the three d off, but then I'm old...and my depth perception is borked anyhow. (It does make the text fuzzy as heck.)

I find the dual swords unbalanced because you won't find any fire type weapons until village five rank. Good grief...so much farming from the evil Rathalos/Rathian...

dEvA_pAiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

G-rank Giginox it's a pain in the as* and the armor set isn't that great, well... only if you're using the kelbi bow

dEvA_pAiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What do you suggest for a G-rank HBG set? (I'm in HR6, and new to heavy bowguns.) I plan to build a set expressly to farm Goldylocks. :)

Pretty much: Diablos X armor set/ Grand Mutsu (hallowed jhen mohran) armor set.

Or a mixed set if you want a specific ability.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, I don't want to farm too much, and I have the two skills I want:
- Evade Extender + reload speed +3

It's all high rank stuff:
Barioth Cap U
Alloy Vest S
Agnaktor Guards U
Diablos Coat U
Lagombi Leggings

Weapon: Jhen Cannon (will upgrade to a better weapon soon)

Update: Working towards this set for farming Goldbeard! (bloody stupid thing)
Skills: Weakness Exploit, Recoil Down +3, Normal/Rapid Up
- Lagi Cap S
- Lagi Vest S
- Wroggi Guards
- Lagi Coat S
- Artian Leggings

Bloody hell, getting horns and things off of Lagi is annoying. (I've made it my mission to smash her horns every time.) Also, farming for sapphires, but I think I'd be fighting her too much to do so. (I'm using the only hammer I have access to - the rustshard hammer...upgraded to Breath Core Hammer.) So far, I've gotten three bloody plates. (I've gotten good enough with the hammer in HR to capture her in 20 minutes.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eqTkD6JQw