Gaming Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - Temp Hunters Guild

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've hunted Plesioth today, it was pretty easy once I've got comfortable with his attacks, still used most of my potion. I'm now going to farm for Volvidon's high rank armor and then I will go back and finish all 6-star quest (I've only did key quest since I wanted access to high rank Volvi asap). Then I will farm what I need from 7 stars and proceed wit Jhen Mohran. I hope the fight is not as boring as Ceadeus's one...

Jhen Mohran is not that boring, unless you know about his scripted actions. You'd have to use all your resources in order to bring him down. (I hate that fight, but it's less boring than Ceadeus....and I keep getting stuff from him. I need more elderdragonblood although.)

The volvidon HR armour is pretty sweet. I used it a lot to stop urguan and duramboros's tremor attacks! :)

I might go out and play the lotto today. I ended up getting a urguan ruby during my first fight with steel urguan. I ended up picking up a shiny, and boom! A ruby. Now I need a bloody rathalos ruby. :)

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've decided to rush key quests for now and omit everything that doesn't contribute to my weapons upgrades. So, I will be skipping Jhen Mohran for now (I still want his LS soon, so will probably try to take him on in a few days). I'm almost done with 7* and I'm really looking forward to Brachydios fight and forging my first Slime weapon!
I've also finished Volvidon S, getting Fucium Ore on HR Tundra was pain in the ass (getting Monster Broth from Bnahabras was even worse), but I've gemmed it for Evasion +2, Attack Up L and gemmed out negative cold resistance, so I guess I won't be needing a new armor for quite some time now (maybe till G-rank?).
EDIT: I've hunted my first Brachy today and I carved a Gem and got another one in rewards!!! It took me 30 minutes to kill him, but with that kind of rewards I can definitely sacrifice half hour ;)

Reactions: astrangeone

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yay! The gems are the most pain in the ass things to get. (I got my first two from Cha-Cha, actually.)

I'm working on heading into G-rank now. I'm focusing on killing (probably capturing) Deviljho in HR5. He's not that hard, but I forget how to fight effectively with a damn sword and shield. (Using the rustshard sns as my weapon of choice.) Also, probably going to sleep bomb his face - I fought him once, and damn Cha-Cha hooked him with a boomerang just as he was going to sleep.

The first Deviljho I killed yielded a nice gem. Now I just need his scalp and a couple more parts to make a wrath and rancor...dragon set, here I come! :)

Edit: Killed my first HR5 deviljho. Two carts (one was me being stupidly careless, and the other was getting eaten at low health). I ended up drugging it, throwing down massive amounts of barrels, and setting them off with a small barrel bomb. I also ended up poisoning it with a poisoned meat, and ended up cutting off it's tail and smashing the heck out of his chin. I noticed that it was limping (it's not very obvious), and put down a shock trap. It falls down and I end up putting it to sleep.

Now I'm just getting ready for Goldbeard Cedeuas. It's going to be a boring, long and stupid fight, isn't it?

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yep, since I don't plan on making HR Brachydios armor those two gems will be enough to make Dios LS and Hammer and upgrade them once, probably best weapons I will be able to get on HR. What's funny, I've got gems but still need to hunt Brachy like 5 or more times for more common mats now (especially Ebonshells) -_- Then, it's a fast way to G-Rank!

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, since I don't plan on making HR Brachydios armor those two gems will be enough to make Dios LS and Hammer and upgrade them once, probably best weapons I will be able to get on HR. What's funny, I've got gems but still need to hunt Brachy like 5 or more times for more common mats now (especially Ebonshells) -_- Then, it's a fast way to G-Rank!

I must have fought Brachy 30 times for enough stuff to upgrade the dual swords and the armour. You are right, it takes more time to get the more common things.

Also, I died to Goldbeard multiple times, but ended up getting a shard from Cha-Cha. How weird. :)

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I killed the Barroth about 4 times yesterday just to complete it's armor set for the Lagiacrus. I cut off it's tail multiple times to get materials for leggings, and I did get them in the end.
After that, I went against the Lagiacrus, and cut its tail off, but was surprised when it left. I didn't get much from that. Went up against the Rathian and lost once, but killed it on my second run. Also cut off it's tail o3o

Then finally, the epic battle between me and the Lagiacrus began. At first it was underwater, which was a pain the butt. It moved to land and that's when I started dealing tons of damage on it. Eventually, it moved to area 11(I think, idk for sure) and I cut its tail off there. I tried hitting the electirc generator thing on its back to break it, but didn't work. After that I killed it, and made me some Lagiacrus Dual Blades. I loved the battle so much, made me wanna fight him again~

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think I've broken his back with sword yet. I've done it with hammer when I needed materials, but usually (I main Long Swords) I just cut his tail and go for the head (claws/chest usually break too). Cutting tails is one of my favourite things in the game, I always do it even if I don't need mats. Not only it makes some fights easier, I just really enjoy the extra challenge.

As for my progress, I've got the upgraded Brachy long sword (got 3 Scutes on my first try!) and now I've went back to port and I'm building up my HR. I'm at HR4 right now, should get to HR5 tomorrow and finally work on my way towards G-Rank!
I've also worked on my items production, I've switched from meat to Energy Drinks, I always bring Max Potions and have a healthy stock of all the basic stuff (mega potions, dung bombs, traps etc.). The only thing left are of course Mega Dash Juices, but I don't feel a need for them just yet.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Progress! Finally beat bloody Goldbeard Ceadeus. Was wearing...Plesioth armour (Gives me speedsetup, tranquilizer, stamina, heat res), lagi S faulds (gemmed in destroyer). Was wielding my Wyern Lovers (flame ds). Was carrying 10 mega pots, 10 pots, herbs/blue mushrooms/honey, barrel bombs (both large and small), max and ancient potions. Of course, I was carrying the 10 energy drinks, and 5 mega dash juices. (And a farcaster, just to be good about it.) Cha-cha's wearing the Mock Melynx (I should have put him in the bombing mask), and Kayamba's rocking the Ultimate Mask. I ate for attack up (M), and full health.

* Note: I switched from the damn Brachy armour because I noticed that the armour is weak to water. Yeah...I'm slow today....

The battle starts off, and I immediately miss with the dragonator. I proceed to get my ass kicked, and use about three more potions than I need to. The battle proceeds as normal, and around the 15 minute mark - I fail to dodge it's mega hydro cannon. However, I got a lucky strike on it's tail, and managed to crack it. I end up with my first cart, and I grab myself a nap and a couple of energy drinks. Plus, I ended up using a max pot and a mega dash drink. I also grab a couple of bombs from the chest. I toss a few bombs under it's chin, and, his horn gets cracked. Here, I grab a couple of ballista ammo, and manage to shoot it in it's tail and it's horns. I then proceed to wail on it with my weapon and a ton of demon dashes. I also managed to catch his tail with a dragonator blast. I manage to cut it's beard and scar it's back, and then I notice that I'm almost out of potions. I farcaster out of there, and also catch another nap and a couple of ez barrel bombs. By this time, I got the 10 minute warning, and I'm not noticing a lot of change on it. I set both barrel bombs and catch it in the explosions. He kept doing the side swipe move, and I kept getting hit. By now, I'm down to the first aid meds. At last minute, I farcaster out...and by now, I think..I'm running completely out of time. I do the heal up, and whetstoned my weapons. I head back down, and notice that it's facing me. I do about five demon dances to it's head/horns, and suddenly the victory music plays!

That fight was better than bloody HR5 Deviljho. Deviljho is just overpowered and has way too much health....and he tends to be aggressive as hell.

I've also worked on my items production, I've switched from meat to Energy Drinks, I always bring Max Potions and have a healthy stock of all the basic stuff (mega potions, dung bombs, traps etc.). The only thing left are of course Mega Dash Juices, but I don't feel a need for them just yet.

I didn't feel this way, but MH has a way of making you seek out every little advantage over monsters. Usually in video games, I tend to be Scrooge McDuck (as in I save every item for a better use). This game has a way of making you feel like you need every advantage, even when fighting lower rank monsters too. And to top it off, I didn't realize making energy drinks was more efficient than bloody well done steaks!

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The game definitely makes you go out of your comfort zone in terms of items usage. When I've started out I tried to save everything, use only supply items and hoard tons of money, but right now I usually hold around 100k-200k and spend everything on marina's granny. That way I have a stock of 90+ farcasters, psychoserums etc. My farm is usually doing 3x Honey, sometimes switching one of them to something I need.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
The game definitely makes you go out of your comfort zone in terms of items usage. When I've started out I tried to save everything, use only supply items and hoard tons of money, but right now I usually hold around 100k-200k and spend everything on marina's granny. That way I have a stock of 90+ farcasters, psychoserums etc. My farm is usually doing 3x Honey, sometimes switching one of them to something I need.

I did the same in the beginning, but I spent my money on Granny's armour stones (in preparation for G-rank). Now I have 600+ armour stones...(I need to tru armour stone my hr brachy set)...:)

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My extreme luck strikes again. First Azure Rathalos, first Ruby! It will probably go into upgrading my fire Longsword.

My HR5 questing is a little bit slow, I still need to do the S. Barioth/B. Diablos quest and the Deviljho one to take on Goldbeard. I hope it won't be too long since I want to focus most of my farming time on G-Rank and there is so much stuff I want to forge/upgrade :D

EDIT: Deviljho down, fainted once during his rage, 1 quest to go!

EDIT: Goldbeard down, I'm G-Rank! Actually he was much more fun to fight than normal Ceadeus mainly because he was already in the last room and the fight was pretty intense (especially since I was in -20 Water resistance Volvidon S -_-). I though that farming his armor will be pain in ass but I may actually enjoy farming him.
Since I've managed to rush G-Rank I can now take the game slowly again. I now spend countless hours farming HR again to upgrade all of my Long Swords, then I will slowly proceed with G-Rank quest. Everyone knows when is the soonest you can fight Giginox?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
My extreme luck strikes again. First Azure Rathalos, first Ruby! It will probably go into upgrading my fire Longsword.

My HR5 questing is a little bit slow, I still need to do the S. Barioth/B. Diablos quest and the Deviljho one to take on Goldbeard. I hope it won't be too long since I want to focus most of my farming time on G-Rank and there is so much stuff I want to forge/upgrade :D

EDIT: Deviljho down, fainted once during his rage, 1 quest to go!

EDIT: Goldbeard down, I'm G-Rank! Actually he was much more fun to fight than normal Ceadeus mainly because he was already in the last room and the fight was pretty intense (especially since I was in -20 Water resistance Volvidon S -_-). I though that farming his armor will be pain in ass but I may actually enjoy farming him.
Since I've managed to rush G-Rank I can now take the game slowly again. I now spend countless hours farming HR again to upgrade all of my Long Swords, then I will slowly proceed with G-Rank quest. Everyone knows when is the soonest you can fight Giginox?

I think you have to pass all of the key quests to unlock Volcano and the rest of 'em. I have them listed: Cherry Blossom Queen (Pink Rathian), The Green Flash (Plessy subspecies), Playing with Fire (bloody 'Peco), and Sweltering Showdown (endurance match, four monsters (2 Great Jaggi + 2 Volvidon).

I might go back and farm Goldbeard anyhow (but after getting G-rank armours and stuff).

Right now, I'm farming Sweltering Showdown for parts for Great Jaggi armour (awakening is great for weapons with no speciality). I might make a set for gathering as well, because my LR set isn't cutting it. (I have leather armour for lr and topped it off with a Jaggi head helmet.)

I mostly need Gigginox G-rank parts for my Venom Wings.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I am missing a huge part of the game (actually I know I am, just saying) by not doing the port quests. Figured I'd wait till I get a wii-u and do all that online with some people.

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Right now, I'm farming Sweltering Showdown for parts for Great Jaggi armour (awakening is great for weapons with no speciality). I might make a set for gathering as well, because my LR set isn't cutting it. (I have leather armour for lr and topped it off with a Jaggi head helmet.)

Blademaster's Jaggi X gives only 5 points in FreeElement and I don't think you will be able to gem the rest 5 without good charm. I think the fastest set with full Awaken is Gigginox X and that's why I'm aiming for it right now. Too bad Wroggi X doesn't have Poison resist (like his lr/hr counterparts), really strange decision (maybe that would make fighting stuff like g-rank Gigginox or Pink Rathian too easy?).
I've done Sweltering Showdown, Jaggis are easy as always and I've pretty much mastered Volvidon's moveset by farming his HR set so that was easy, also done Playing with Fire, I always eat for Felyne Dungmaster before fighting Peco and it helps A LOT being able to scare away Deviljho with 1 Dung Bomb. The only thing left from key quest is Pink Rathian and Green Plesioth but they I see no way I beat them in HR armour as the dragon lady practically kills me with 2-3 hits right now :/

I killed the Gigginox today... my God was he annoying >_<

When I fought him for the first time I also had a lot of problems, mainly because I didn't bring any Antidotes with my and had to rely on 2-3 that are in Supply Box. I've ended up fighting him with Fire Bow because he destroyed me when I used any melee weapons. If you need to farm him a lot and want to improve your times craft Wroggi armour, it has poison resistance.

I feel like I am missing a huge part of the game (actually I know I am, just saying) by not doing the port quests. Figured I'd wait till I get a wii-u and do all that online with some people.

Unless you have completed every quest in the Village you are not missing anything. High rank port (stars 3-5) have same monster rooster as high rank village (stars 6-9) so in terms of weapons/armour making it's actually better to do village quests as monsters there have less hp and you should be able to complete the quest much faster.
I farmed what I needed in Village (mainly Volvidon's S set, upgrading and gemming it to Attack Up (L) and Evasion +2, and Brachy's Long Sword, upgrading it as much as I can) and then did only key quests in port to advance to G-Rank. It shouldn't take more than few hours as you will beat most easier quest within 5 minutes or so and the only difficulty spike will be HR 5 with Deviljho and probably Sand Barioth/Black Diablos quest.

D

Deleted-188346

Anyone done the "Deviljho In The Buff" mission yet? Man, that's probably the most tense MH mission I've ever done. In case you don't know, this mission requires you to fight G-Rank Deviljho with no armor or talismans equipped.

I managed it using a lance. Just guard his major attacks and, as long as you don't make any errors with blocking or counting, it's doable.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada

You aren't, but it feels that way. Monsters/quests are pretty much the same in both Port and Village in low and high rank. You are better off fighting things in village first, and then saving up for G-rank. Although, I did things a little differently - I fought and killed Ceadeus, and then finished off low and high rank port stuff. Got some hr weapons, and ended up bashing through most of the village and HR port stuff.

Blademaster's Jaggi X gives only 5 points in FreeElement and I don't think you will be able to gem the rest 5 without good charm. I think the fastest set with full Awaken is Gigginox X and that's why I'm aiming for it right now. Too bad Wroggi X doesn't have Poison resist (like his lr/hr counterparts), really strange decision (maybe that would make fighting stuff like g-rank Gigginox or Pink Rathian too easy?).
I've done Sweltering Showdown, Jaggis are easy as always and I've pretty much mastered Volvidon's moveset by farming his HR set so that was easy, also done Playing with Fire, I always eat for Felyne Dungmaster before fighting Peco and it helps A LOT being able to scare away Deviljho with 1 Dung Bomb. The only thing left from key quest is Pink Rathian and Green Plesioth but they I see no way I beat them in HR armour as the dragon lady practically kills me with 2-3 hits right now :/

Argh. But at least I have something that's decently G-rank. (I'm just missing the damn boots to this now....)

I also finished 'Peco and Sweltering Showdown (not hard, and Vovidon's new moves aren't scary..). I tried Pink Rathian just now, and she swatted me with her damn tail, and took me out almost instantly. It was like 1/3 of my health gone, not including her icky poison damage!

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm making Jaggi X first too, then I will probably make a Wroggi X and I hope one of those will be enough to beat Pink Rathian and Green Plesioth. I found it much faster to farm it on Harvest Quest: D. Island while eating for Gamechanger (always spawn large monster on 'unstable' quests, Fish + Dring), it will spawn in area 6 and you can use farcaster to finish the quest as soon as you defeat him. One nice thing is that while mining for Fucium Ore in the Volcano, I've got a rarity 7, Guard +2, Attack +10 charm! I know it's not the best thing in the world, but since my best 3 charms so far were Expert +4, Evasion +2 and FastCharge +1/Attack + 6 it's a nice improvement.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Might be helpful, although I'm also looking at Volvidon's set - which is why I'm farming the Sweltering Showdown. I just tried out the "Where's the Urguaan?" dlc, and ow...the tiny urguaan packs a whallop!

I'm still rocking my Brachy armour and dios slicers for now. (I got one of the pieces up to 108 defense, the max that it can go.) I might max these out with True Armour Spheres before doing anything else. (I'm loving the slickaxe, of all things...)

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've forged my Jaggi X with Attack Up (L) and Evasion +1, it may seem like a downgrade from my Evasion +2 Volvidon, but defence boost makes difference. I've managed to beat the Pink Rathian, other than her tail dances she's not that strong, so as long as you avoid her tail, it's quite easy. Green Plesioth wasn't that hard, but the fight took a lot of time (I think around 30 minutes). Now onto Gigginox!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay