Gaming Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - Temp Hunters Guild

VIIth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Failed my first Caedeus hunt (the repel one). I was trying too hard to hit its face and got swept away most of the time.
I've made a Bolt Axe to try again. I need to upgrade it to the + version, but it needs a Hercudrome, and if this is like P3rd, I won't be able to get one until I hit high-rank...

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The first Ceadeus retains damage taken between tries so you can try to take it in more than one attempt. And yep, you can't get any Hercudromes on Low Rank. Also this may seem crazy, but if you can't be bothered to do Ceadeus, maybe try to get High Rank in port and farm equipment (or at least Hercudromes in Harvest Missions) there? The key quest there is to hunt Rathian and Rathalos (Double Trouble), so if you are comfortable fighting them, try it.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Failed my first Caedeus hunt (the repel one). I was trying too hard to hit its face and got swept away most of the time.
I've made a Bolt Axe to try again. I need to upgrade it to the + version, but it needs a Hercudrome, and if this is like P3rd, I won't be able to get one until I hit high-rank...

I will say, concentrate on the beard and watch out for it's head shake. Also, the damage isn't retained until he sends it into the main area.

Update:

I'm currently farming Goldbeard parts. I still need Lagia sapphires - bloody hell, I hate capturing Lagia - but at least I can reliably get a Lagia in hr in a couple of minutes. I've been killing Goldbeard reliably in 30 minutes. (I ended up getting a Deep Dragongem, instead of a bloody Dark Dragongem.)

Yep, I'm making the Selene Z set, with the X waist.

I'm currently rocking fully upgraded Jaggi X armour with negate stun, partbreaker gemmed in. I might switch to my upgraded Volvidon X armour, but it's boring!

VIIth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I doubt it was the Bolt Axe, but I repelled it quickly the second time. The first time, I ran out of time, but I managed to push it to the ruins and managed to hit it with the Dragonator (of whatever is called in here). The second time I didn't even use the UW Ballista nor the Dragonator, and repelled it in less than five minutes.

Do you need to break its horns for it to flee? I thought that, that's why I focused so much on them the first time, and I got to break the thicker one, but I lost so much time on it...

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's what I was talking about, he retains the damage taken on your last try, so it was way easier to repeal him.
Today my girlfriend got herself a copy of MH3U, so I've got myself a regular hunting partner! It will probably be a long time before we can do G-Rank together, but it's an excellent opportunity to learn a new weapon class (Dual Swords, maybe Lance?).

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
That's what I was talking about, he retains the damage taken on your last try, so it was way easier to repeal him.
Today my girlfriend got herself a copy of MH3U, so I've got myself a regular hunting partner! It will probably be a long time before we can do G-Rank together, but it's an excellent opportunity to learn a new weapon class (Dual Swords, maybe Lance?).
Awesome. I'm planning to get a copy of MH3U for my fiancee soon...and it's going to be fun.

I finally finished farming for the ZZZXZ armour. Goddamn, that was way too many lagias for my liking. I also did a couple of meldspar ore runs for the tru armour spheres and I found a couple of worn weapons (the greatsword, dual swords, lance, hammer and sns). As a result, I used up all of my earth crystals (was banking 'em - got 300+ earth crystals, and now I'm down to single digits).

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome. I'm planning to get a copy of MH3U for my fiancee soon...and it's going to be fun.

I finally finished farming for the ZZZXZ armour. Goddamn, that was way too many lagias for my liking. I also did a couple of meldspar ore runs for the tru armour spheres and I found a couple of worn weapons (the greatsword, dual swords, lance, hammer and sns). As a result, I used up all of my earth crystals (was banking 'em - got 300+ earth crystals, and now I'm down to single digits).

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
HR2 and last row of stars for village quests before high rank. Yet to meet any other monhun players in Wellington and none of my fellow unite hunters can be bothered buying a 3DS so this is my first game played solo only. Reading the last four pages of this thread is a huge motivation boost to this game, which I'm really enjoying. Its just no fun when you don't have people to share it with. I've just made low rank Lagi armor(from barroth) and Use Lance mostly then hammer. I've been a lance user since freedom 1 so I've been having fun with hammer. All this talk about SA has got me wanting to give it ago. Any good low rank SA or should I wait till high rank?
Keep up the hunt team!

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
All this talk about SA has got me wanting to give it ago. Any good low rank SA or should I wait till high rank?
Keep up the hunt team!

Wait till high rank for SA. The Inceadeus will be the first "Good" SA in my opinion, its made from
Ceadeus. Which will be the transitional boss from low to high rank
After that, ANY of the SA's are beastly and you will love using it. The Dios axe is the one im pretty much maining but it'll be a while before you are able to make that if you're still on low rank villiage. However, when you are able to get the mats needed to make that, make it! Its god-like.

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Switch Axes start to shine with Power Phial and good Power Phial SA are indeed the Ceadeus and Brachydios which you can make in High Rank (also most G-Rank elemental ones gets Power Phial on their later upgrades).
I've decided to learn Lance as a weapon I'm only going to use and upgrade when playing multi and it's great so far. The damage is surprisingly high and guard is godly, especially with Guard+ skills. The only tricky thing that I have to learn/unlearn is that Lance has backhop as opposed to front hop, which confuses me all the time.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Just beat the villiage quest for Ivory Lagiacrus and well... move over Rathalos, i think iv found the new, most overated boss in the game.

Villagers be all like "Be prepared for a long epic fight" and then i turn up, nice cutscene to remind me that he has that irratating thunder attack but to fight this boss on land makes him a joke. I would actually argue that his attacks are even more predictable than normal Lagiacrus because they seem to take longer to charge up. Luckily i never had to fight this guy in water which im fairly sure makes him easier but again, he had nothing to really hurt me with. Using my Dios axe i just wailed on him and he never even came close to killing me.

Moczan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Dios Axe is extremely OP weapon thanks to Slime + Power Phial, it's good enough in G-Rank and makes HR laughably easy. G-Rank is were the fun begins, monster start to deal considerable amount of damage, gain new attacks, often are much faster etc. so if you are no longer entertained by HR just rush through it straight to HR 6!

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just beat the villiage quest for Ivory Lagiacrus and well... move over Rathalos, i think iv found the new, most overated boss in the game.

Villagers be all like "Be prepared for a long epic fight" and then i turn up, nice cutscene to remind me that he has that irratating thunder attack but to fight this boss on land makes him a joke. I would actually argue that his attacks are even more predictable than normal Lagiacrus because they seem to take longer to charge up. Luckily i never had to fight this guy in water which im fairly sure makes him easier but again, he had nothing to really hurt me with. Using my Dios axe i just wailed on him and he never even came close to killing me.
I actually find him easy, and I'm a terrible MH player. I had stun negate on me, and he didn't do a thing. Kept wailing on it for hours with the flame dual swords.

The group I hunt with met up today and we did a bunch of HR urgents and a lot of Goldbeard runs. Two players were doing HR raising quests and the other three were trying to farm for Goldbeard bits (I had gotten two new dark dragongems, and the guy who needed them...didn't get any.)

We also did a couple of ivory lagi quests. Not too hard, except I play with the sound off in multiplayer (loud room + other games going on), and I got zapped twice.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada

I actually find him easy, and I'm a terrible MH player. I had stun negate on me, and he didn't do a thing. Kept wailing on it for hours with the flame dual swords.

The group I hunt with met up today and we did a bunch of HR urgents and a lot of Goldbeard runs. Two players were doing HR raising quests and the other three were trying to farm for Goldbeard bits (I had gotten two new dark dragongems, and the guy who needed them...didn't get any.)

We also did a couple of ivory lagi quests. Not too hard, except I play with the sound off in multiplayer (loud room + other games going on), and I got zapped twice.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada

Rumsie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If anyone needs an extra promotion code you can PM me for it.

I wanted to give it to a friend of mine but he couldnt register his 3ds because some bs with the store. I wanted to give it to another friend of mine but he uses the 3ds of his little brother which is registered on an account of a 14 year old so he couldnt use it either and I dont want to waste a free copy of a €50 game so if anyone wants it...

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone needs an extra promotion code you can PM me for it.

I wanted to give it to a friend of mine but he couldnt register his 3ds because some bs with the store. I wanted to give it to another friend of mine but he uses the 3ds of his little brother which is registered on an account of a 14 year old so he couldnt use it either and I dont want to waste a free copy of a €50 game so if anyone wants it...

Make a new thread for it, not many people are likely to see it here and im sure there are people who want it.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just trying to farm brachy palliums right now. So frustrating, and soloing in G-rank is just tiring. I did however, get a couple of gems from Brachy. All I need are three palliums - and one more gem!

(Oh, I find Break the Brachydios (single brachy) easier than the double.) I always get hit by either one, and then panic and get clobbered by both.

Update: I failed another Break the Brachy quest because I was a doofus. But, I got a Pallium from Cha-Cha! :) (I'm loving the fully upgraded slime dual blades!)

Also, I ordered a Brachydios decal for my Nintendo 3DS as well. Should be fun.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Went out with my local MH 3U group today. Did about half the quests I need for the dire miralas urgent (I'm now missing desert storm, deep-six a deviljho, night stalker (ugh), and volcanic activity)

I'm also trying to make a few switchaxes for fun - I mostly like the way dual blades work, but SA's are stronger and less of a problem. :) (I ended up farming LR village caedaues for more horns, and I managed to break everything on it before it went into the main area.) Was using the brachy weapon (second most upgraded, unless I get a bloody pallium).

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Just unlocked mark of the hero, not given it a try yet because im aware of what it involves
:wtf:
But iv been really enjoying playing this week. I beat deviljho twice and made myself the epic Berserker sword and im brutally flying through HR3 in the tavern with it. Just gonna work my way up the HR online now untill i feel confident enough to beat mark of the hero.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm like two G Rank quests away from facing Dire Miralis. (Just need Deep Six a Deviljho and Volcanic Activity.) I tried to kill Deviljho in this and managed to get it weaker by the ten minute mark, and then got carted for the last time by a tail spin.

Gah, I hate G-rank sometimes. I feel masochistic for playing this all the time.

(It's pretty much hard to solo all the quests in this game...)

I tried Mark of a Hero today also - it's difficult, but I managed to make Ivory Lagi drool. The problem is that Ivory Lagi tends to spam his area of effect zap, and I'm terrible at longer fights. (I get reckless and then...ow.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1