mods being a$$ holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
112
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Texas
XP
124
Country
United States
I made a post about Smart Girl's: Winter Wonderland. I said that the game had hidden things in it like a skulls on the nutcrakers, guns hidden with in the game, and upside down stars. There is even a nazi deer in the front case. this all has to do with the game I have the right to say what I said. Some mod thinks he can just delete my comment and call it crap thats not right I didnt break any rules. I see this as censorship. He did it to like 4 people on the same topic I think this site need to make sure they have mods who can do there job right, and won't become cocky with power.
 

Hadrian

Everybody knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
16,984
Trophies
2
Age
41
XP
4,696
Country
United States
The post was off topic and hence crap.

Prove what you said is correct.
 

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
112
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Texas
XP
124
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:
The post was off topic and hence crap.

Prove what you said is correct.
it was about the game how is that off topic? If I was talking about dogs that would be off topic. I said what I saw from playing the game. I have seen alot of stupid post about games on this site just like mine and they don't get censord.

look at this pic do you see how the teeth, and eyes are on the nutcracker it make look like a skull. and there are two guns in this pic.
9182_1232895262.jpg


and the deer at the door is doing a nazi salute he has his hand by his side and other in the air.
4412.png
 

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Joined
Dec 22, 2007
Messages
8,147
Trophies
0
Age
34
Location
Depths of Nuclear powerplant
XP
603
Country
Croatia
mrchew said:
I made a post about Smart Girl's: Winter Wonderland. I said that the game had hidden things in it like a skulls on the nutcrakers, guns hidden with in the game, and upside down stars. There is even a nazi deer in the front case. this all has to do with the game I have the right to say what I said. Some mod thinks he can just delete my comment and call it crap thats not right I didnt break any rules. I see this as censorship. He did it to like 4 people on the same topic I think this site need to make sure they have mods who can do there job right, and won't become cocky with power.
To be honest, right now we have a perfect setup of mods, and they are all doing very hard to keep this place clean.....
Your post probably wouldn't been removed if it was the only one, but when thread gets messed up with trash posts, and stuff that's not constructive, everything gets removed! It's just the way it works..

And this thread, with the title you made won't help you convince us that we did a wrong move on removing your post
frown.gif
 

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
112
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Texas
XP
124
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
mrchew said:
I made a post about Smart Girl's: Winter Wonderland. I said that the game had hidden things in it like a skulls on the nutcrakers, guns hidden with in the game, and upside down stars. There is even a nazi deer in the front case. this all has to do with the game I have the right to say what I said. Some mod thinks he can just delete my comment and call it crap thats not right I didnt break any rules. I see this as censorship. He did it to like 4 people on the same topic I think this site need to make sure they have mods who can do there job right, and won't become cocky with power.
To be honest, right now we have a perfect setup of mods, and they are all doing very hard to keep this place clean.....
Your post probably wouldn't been removed if it was the only one, but when thread gets messed up with trash posts, and stuff that's not constructive, everything gets removed! It's just the way it works..

And this thread, with the title you made won't help you convince us that we did a wrong move on removing your post
frown.gif
It was a good post it was about the game and what I thought how much more on topic is that.
 

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Joined
Dec 22, 2007
Messages
8,147
Trophies
0
Age
34
Location
Depths of Nuclear powerplant
XP
603
Country
Croatia
mrchew said:
Toni Plutonij said:
mrchew said:
I made a post about Smart Girl's: Winter Wonderland. I said that the game had hidden things in it like a skulls on the nutcrakers, guns hidden with in the game, and upside down stars. There is even a nazi deer in the front case. this all has to do with the game I have the right to say what I said. Some mod thinks he can just delete my comment and call it crap thats not right I didnt break any rules. I see this as censorship. He did it to like 4 people on the same topic I think this site need to make sure they have mods who can do there job right, and won't become cocky with power.
To be honest, right now we have a perfect setup of mods, and they are all doing very hard to keep this place clean.....
Your post probably wouldn't been removed if it was the only one, but when thread gets messed up with trash posts, and stuff that's not constructive, everything gets removed! It's just the way it works..

And this thread, with the title you made won't help you convince us that we did a wrong move on removing your post
frown.gif
It was a good post it was about the game and what I thought how much more on topic is that.
I'm not saying that it was a bad post, I'm saying that is was one of the posts that weren't constructive and didn't contribute anything..You were just joking, but it could result in some more pointless posts/replies from other members..
As I said, if it was the only post like that, it would be OK, but when there are more posts that should be removed, we handle everything that isn't contributing!
 

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
4,566
Trophies
2
Age
58
Location
th' south
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
2,465
Country
United States
In the release section, every time a kid's game comes people feel the need to go into comedian mode. Hell, I've done it myself on a few occasions. The point that my posts are generally funny, is neither here nor there... Sometimes a release thread gets overrun with "comedy" and the genuine questions get drowned out, that's when it usually gets moderated. So what Toni said above is true, it's just how it works. If you want your humorous post to stay visible, you might want to copy a link to the box-art and make a thread in the EOF section of the site.

By the way, we're all pretty nice guys, us mods, when you get to know us.
tpi.gif
 

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
112
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Texas
XP
124
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
mrchew said:
Toni Plutonij said:
mrchew said:
I made a post about Smart Girl's: Winter Wonderland. I said that the game had hidden things in it like a skulls on the nutcrakers, guns hidden with in the game, and upside down stars. There is even a nazi deer in the front case. this all has to do with the game I have the right to say what I said. Some mod thinks he can just delete my comment and call it crap thats not right I didnt break any rules. I see this as censorship. He did it to like 4 people on the same topic I think this site need to make sure they have mods who can do there job right, and won't become cocky with power.
To be honest, right now we have a perfect setup of mods, and they are all doing very hard to keep this place clean.....
Your post probably wouldn't been removed if it was the only one, but when thread gets messed up with trash posts, and stuff that's not constructive, everything gets removed! It's just the way it works..

And this thread, with the title you made won't help you convince us that we did a wrong move on removing your post
frown.gif
It was a good post it was about the game and what I thought how much more on topic is that.
I'm not saying that it was a bad post, I'm saying that is was one of the posts that weren't constructive and didn't contribute anything..You were just joking, but it could result in some more pointless posts/replies from other members..
As I said, if it was the only post like that, it would be OK, but when there are more posts that should be removed, we handle everything that isn't contributing!
I wasn't joking I was being for real. the guy below me even agreed with what I had said and he got censored too. To me being constructive is thinking outside of the box, and thats what I did. The post was on topic, it wasn't a joke that why I have those pics up top to prove what i was saying. I really think this game is trying to brain wash kids. The stars in the girls room are upside down they shouldn't be. What is wrong with me pointing this out. I understand you don't people to start making pointless post which is still not breaking a rule becasue they would be talking about the game the whole point of the topic to say what you think about the game.
 

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Joined
Dec 22, 2007
Messages
8,147
Trophies
0
Age
34
Location
Depths of Nuclear powerplant
XP
603
Country
Croatia
mthrnite said:
In the release section, every time a kid's game comes people feel the need to go into comedian mode. Hell, I've done it myself on a few occasions. The point that my posts are generally funny, is neither here nor there... Sometimes a release thread gets overrun with "comedy" and the genuine questions get drowned out, that's when it usually gets moderated. So what Toni said above is true, it's just how it works. If you want your humorous post to stay visible, you might want to copy a link to the box-art and make a thread in the EOF section of the site.

By the way, we're all pretty nice guys, us mods, when you get to know us.
tpi.gif
Exactly this (thanks mthr for holding our back), also I LOVE new avatar!

And, if this is really the case mrchew, I'll apologize in the name of whole staff for removing your post, it really looked like you were joking with the game, especially with other posts that were similar to your (but were jokes)..
 

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
112
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Texas
XP
124
Country
United States
mthrnite said:
In the release section, every time a kid's game comes people feel the need to go into comedian mode. Hell, I've done it myself on a few occasions. The point that my posts are generally funny, is neither here nor there... Sometimes a release thread gets overrun with "comedy" and the genuine questions get drowned out, that's when it usually gets moderated. So what Toni said above is true, it's just how it works. If you want your humorous post to stay visible, you might want to copy a link to the box-art and make a thread in the EOF section of the site.

By the way, we're all pretty nice guys, us mods, when you get to know us.
tpi.gif
I wasn't joking look at the pics
 

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
112
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Texas
XP
124
Country
United States
mthrnite said:
I've never seen a Nazi saluting with a goofy look on his face.. I think you're reading a bit much into it.
Of course if you can find me a pic of that, I'll treasure it forever.
the face is to disguise what it really is. lots of artist hide stuff in there art. This artist is probloy some neonazi
 

Hadrian

Everybody knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
16,984
Trophies
2
Age
41
XP
4,696
Country
United States
That picture shows a gun and its clear that it isn't a proper gun as it has a "BANG" flag at the end of it, yeah you're reading too much into it. Though the soilder does look like some sort of vigilante, but I wouldn't say nazi more the opposite. The rest you've said is wrong.

Even if that is all true you have to understand that we get a lot of posts in these release threads which are pretty much like what you posted, and 99.5% are bullshit.

Also calling mods assholes will never get you anywhere, it'll only hinder you.
 

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
2,272
Trophies
0
Age
35
XP
184
Country
Whatever, they deleted your post and life moves on my friend. Heck I posted something that was 'news' related about the 'Pole's Big Adventure' the one coming out for Wiiware and it's being made by SEGA. I post a link to the video but some douche deleted my post related it to a developer getting drunk making a game like the one I mention but the developers were Ubisoft not SEGA!

Who the hell did you get confuse with SEGA and Ubisoft is beyond me but I'm not mad since I didn't get a warn percentage on my account so it's all good.
 

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
112
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Texas
XP
124
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:
That picture shows a gun and its clear that it isn't a proper gun as it has a "BANG" flag at the end of it, yeah you're reading too much into it. Though the soilder doe look like some sort of vigilante, but I wouldn't say nazi more the opposite. The rest you've said is wrong.

Even if that is all true you have to understand that we get a lot of posts in these release threads which are pretty much like what you posted, and 99.5% are bullshit.

Also calling mods assholes will never get you anywhere, it'll only hinder you.
you think I care.. I know im still right I was on topic so your reason is wrong. I didnt break a rule so there for you were a ass hole. The person right below me agreed with what I said other people might have to.
 

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
4,566
Trophies
2
Age
58
Location
th' south
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
2,465
Country
United States
Not to beat this thing to death, but:

The teddy bear with the toy gun is a bit creepy, so point taken on that. Still, calling the mods assholes is a little much when you look at the content of that thread. Even if it was a mistake on a mod's part, I think the thing to do would be to present your point in a more mature way. We gladly listen to legitimate concerns.. but nobody likes being called an asshole.
 

JKR Firefox

Back.
Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2006
Messages
1,129
Trophies
0
Age
37
Location
Canada
Website
Visit site
XP
246
Country
Canada
Not very long ago (maybe a half hour ago), I was moderated by Toni. Yet, here I am. Did I deserve to be moderated? Yes. Toni recognized that and removed my post before it could offend the person it was directed at. Was the comment warranted? Yes, but it's good we have mods here who care enough to remove posts that have a sole purpose of offending others.
 

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
112
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Texas
XP
124
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Whatever, they deleted your post and life moves on my friend. Heck I posted something that was 'news' related about the 'Pole's Big Adventure' the one coming out for Wiiware and it's being made by SEGA. I post a link to the video but some douche deleted my post related it to a developer getting drunk making a game like the one I mention but the developers were Ubisoft not SEGA!

Who the hell did you get confuse with SEGA and Ubisoft is beyond me but I'm not mad since I didn't get a warn percentage on my account so it's all good.
I want him to admit he was wrong and my post was on topic, and i will drop this
 

Hadrian

Everybody knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
16,984
Trophies
2
Age
41
XP
4,696
Country
United States
mrchew said:
you think I care.. I know im still right I was on topic so your reason is wrong. I didnt break a rule so there for you were a ass hole. The person right below me agreed with what I said other people might have to.
rolleyes.gif


Whatever, try and move on from it yeah? Otherwise you'll never get on in life.
 

mrchew

Banned!
OP
Banned
Joined
Aug 7, 2007
Messages
112
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Texas
XP
124
Country
United States
mthrnite said:
Not to beat this thing to death, but:

The teddy bear with the toy gun is a bit creepy, so point taken on that. Still, calling the mods assholes is a little much when you look at the content of that thread. Even if it was a mistake on a mod's part, I think the thing to do would be to present your point in a more mature way. We gladly listen to legitimate concerns.. but nobody likes being called an asshole.
ok im sorry for the name calling really. I have been up all night you can blame it on that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: