Miyamoto: Sony should learn from Nintendo's mistakes

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendo should learn for Sony that one analog control is a poor choice. ;)

Anyway he's right, nothing to disregard him.

Shut up. No it's not. I'm tired of hearing this generation of gamers always complaining about analog sticks.
Yes it is. I'm tired of people trying to convince the rest of the world that the widely accepted standard of having one stick for motion and the other for camera control that's been around since PS1 is somehow obsolete in 2012 despite being present on nearly every single controller since PS1's Dual Shock.

Reactions: 2 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo should learn for Sony that one analog control is a poor choice. ;)

Anyway he's right, nothing to disregard him.

Shut up. No it's not. I'm tired of hearing this generation of gamers always complaining about analog sticks.
Yes it is. I'm tired of people trying to convince the rest of the world that the widely accepted standard of having one stick for motion and the other for camera control that's been around since PS1 is somehow obsolete in 2012 despite being present on nearly every single controller since PS1's Dual Shock.

It's only necessary for games like FPS' really. Maybe wide open adventure type games too, but not all. I'm not saying it's obsolete either, I'm saying not everything has to have it.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted_171835

I can't believe that you guys actually disagree with Miyamoto. I mean, he's spot-on. The Vita may be a nice piece of hardware but it doesn't have any games worth buying a system for.

The 3DS had an awful line-up for launch. The Vita had a great one. It hasn't had a holiday slot for most anywhere yet so it's not gonna get a software flood like the 3DS did. Even then, I hate to point it out, but the Vita and the 3DS are getting basically the same amount of noteworthy titles per month.
The difference is the Vita has absolutely nothing notable on the horizon. They blew it all on the lineup whereas the 3DS has a number of good upcoming games.

Reactions: 1 person

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't believe that you guys actually disagree with Miyamoto. I mean, he's spot-on. The Vita may be a nice piece of hardware but it doesn't have any games worth buying a system for.

The 3DS had an awful line-up for launch. The Vita had a great one. It hasn't had a holiday slot for most anywhere yet so it's not gonna get a software flood like the 3DS did. Even then, I hate to point it out, but the Vita and the 3DS are getting basically the same amount of noteworthy titles per month.
The difference is the Vita has absolutely nothing notable on the horizon. They blew it all on the lineup whereas the 3DS has a number of good upcoming games.
We don't disagree. It's the fact that he's in no postition to say it since the 3DS wasn't better at launch time.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's only necessary for games like FPS' really. Maybe wide open adventure type games too, but not all. I'm not saying it's obsolete either, I'm saying not everything has to have it.
For some players it's just more convinient, and in some situations actually more comfortable - why do you think Nintendo bundles Kid Icarus with a 3DS stand?

They fixed the issue by releasing the CirclePad Pro - they acknowledge the fact that dual analog has been requested by the fans, god bless them for it and let's hope that this functionality will be embedded in a potential revision of the system.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I guess Gravity Rush, Metal Gear Solid Collection, LittleBigPlanet, Persona 4 Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey and Orgarhythm aren't coming to Vita.

D

Deleted_171835

We don't disagree. It's the fact that he's in no postition to say it since the 3DS wasn't better at launch time.
Yeah and he never said the 3DS was better. In fact, he said the contrary.

"When we launched the 3DS hardware we didn't have Super Mario 3D Land, we didn't have Mario Kart 7, we didn't have Kid Icarus: Uprising," he said. "We were striving to have all of these ready for the launch, but we weren't able to deliver them at that time.

"We were kind of hoping that people would, nevertheless, buy into the product, find 3DS hardware promising, but looking back we have to say we realise the key software was missing when we launched the hardware."

I guess Gravity Rush, Metal Gear Solid Collection, LittleBigPlanet, Persona 4 Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey and Orgarhythm aren't coming to Vita.
MGS: HD Collection - Port.
Persona 4 The Golden - Port/Remake

I'll give you the other games but if you only have 2 notable upcoming games (and 2 niche) for your platform, there's a problem.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah and he never said the 3DS was better. In fact, he said the contrary.

"When we launched the 3DS hardware we didn't have Super Mario 3D Land, we didn't have Mario Kart 7, we didn't have Kid Icarus: Uprising," he said. "We were striving to have all of these ready for the launch, but we weren't able to deliver them at that time.

"We were kind of hoping that people would, nevertheless, buy into the product, find 3DS hardware promising, but looking back we have to say we realise the key software was missing when we launched the hardware."

Persona 4 The Golden - Port/Remake

I'll give you the other games but if you only have 4 notable upcoming games for your platform, there's a problem.
Perhaps, but the 3DS is in no better position than the Vita right now. There are only idk, 3 or 4 worthwhile games? It may sell like hotcakes in Japan, but there are only a few handful of games that aren't shovelware.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
MGS: Naked Snake 3DS = 20FPS Remake sold full-price
MGS: HD Collection Vita = Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake = 4 games for the price of 1

I wonder what's a better deal...

Also, this and Persona 4 aren't the only "notable games" comming for the Vita y'know.

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
I believe that miyamoto was refering to the lack of vita games for the japanese audience. I mean, the only game that I know that caters to them is that dating sim.

The 3DS is having a strong flow there with titles like monster hunter and goddamn fire emblem.

Reactions: 4 people

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I believe that miyamoto was refering to the lack of vita games for the japanese audience. I mean, the only game that I know that caters to them is that dating sim.

The 3DS is having a strong flow there with titles like monster hunter and goddamn fire emblem.

You have a point there.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note how he mentions specifically that he's most proud of the original titles that he wished were out at launch. And I'm not sure if Mario Kart 7 should be considered a port or a sequel. Either way, it's not exactly 'original' by any measure but man it sounds fun to try. ;) I remember when the NES was new. The major title that sold a lot of systems? Super Mario Bros. Which one kept them selling a few years later? Super Mario Bros. 3 Or at least it seemed that way among my friends. I can't remember but it seems that Super Mario World/Super Mario Bros. 4 was the major release title on the SNES. Sequels aren't always lazy rehashes (but they can be).

And it should be a "No sh**, Sherlock!" that you can't sell a system without software. Look at the Jaguar. (LOL, epic fail)

The change from the DS to the to the DSi was no where near as big as the change from the DSi to 3DS, as far as taking a risk on new hardware goes. I remember my stepbrother getting burnt with his PS2. No one knew if the first 3DS systems would have major issues or not but now they're mature and well-known.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
How does Metal gear Solid even count when you can play it on PS3? Persona 4 isn't available to play in HD unless you buy it for the Vita.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rather then bitching at each other and yelling port we could just agree that both consoles need some new and noteworthy games.

I mean really your complaining to the wrong people.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Everything here is all true.
Did you guys notice that Myst in particular has been released on just about any platform after its initial release and at this point it's not ever entertaining anymore, let alone a valid purchase?

Where are those people who buy Myst? I mean, it has to bring some sort of profit if they keep on porting it...
I would rather they started porting the rest of the games, now. Heck, even if the system isn't graphically powerful enough for Revelations, End of Ages, or Uru, then it can still run Riven or Exile. Seriously, it even got a remake called REALmyst (a version of Myst that played and looked more like End of Ages), and that wasn't even ported out (even though it should be, seeing as it has the most recent gaming engine).

It's kind of like the issue with Rayman 2 being ported too much. Come on, where's Rayman 3? We might even want some more ports of Rayman 1! But no more Rayman 2, please!

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh,
So. Theres a few sides here.

There's a side that says Miamoto is wrong for stating Sony should have learned from Nintendos mistakes, which while I think is uncalled-for is true since they had no problem "learning" from Nintendo before.

A side thay says Miamoto is completely right and are being blantly called fanboys because apparently argeeing with a statement makes you a Nintendo Fanboy.

A side that, for reasons beyond my level of understanding, is talking about the 3DS being mostly ports when it clearly isn't half as bad as they say seeing how even at launch about 70% of the releases are original titles.

Guild doing his usual pro-Sony, bash-Nintendo thing, which I would think most of us would learn NOT to provoke by now.

And some shit about dual analogs.

Why must any topic with the words Vita and 3DS always turn to somekind of console war?

Reactions: 5 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative