Miyamoto: Sony should learn from Nintendo's mistakes

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is it not, when I have no access to a Nintendo console so I will not be looking up games for it. The kids only ever talked about PS1 and PS2. N64 and GC games were never discussed with friends during school days so there's no way of me finding out what that system had. :)

I so hope you're trolling me.
Honestly. -Sigh-
Omg, you need to go back to playing the greatest nintendo games ever. HOW COULD YOU EVER MISS THOSE GEMS?? And you started playing Zelda games with the DS games?

*facepalm

You have commited a sin in the the sacred gaming kingdom. XD
Edit: I'm sorry this is too much for me to take. To think that a ninty gamer MISSED so much games...
Like guild said, this is unheard of.

Reactions: 2 people

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell that's not even an excuse, we've had Super Mario 64 and Kingdom Hearts run without an analog stick so why does a topdown Zelda have to suffer through awful controls? Not to mention the games were just terribly designed.
The stylus motion controls were enough to turn me off after playing a grand total of ONCE. Regardless of how "good" they were or not, I hate touch controls as gimmicks. There's literally no logical reason to add touch controls for movement, and remove traditional dpad/circle pad for the sake of such a ridiculous gimmick. Plus, there are tons of good DS RPGs out there (most that I've played, in fact) that use traditional controls, but have fully usable touch screen movement and controls as well, as an option. They dont force them down your throat like Zelda does.
Gotta agree with you there. I think Nintendo eventually came around to the same conclusion, shipping the DS Lite without the thumb stylus that came with the Phat (still got mine here I think, gave up on it after trying to play SM64:DS and Rayman DS with it and failing miserably). I really wanted to like Sonic Dark Brotherhood -- I like Sonic and I like RPGs so it was a natural fit -- but the touchscreen-only controls bothered me enough that I never made it even halfway through the game (granted that wasn't the only reason I stopped playing it, but it was a major factor). IMO the *only* game that was acceptable in using touchscreen-only controls was Elite Beat Agents, and that's just because of the nature of the game.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Gotta agree with you there. I think Nintendo eventually came around to the same conclusion, shipping the DS Lite without the thumb stylus that came with the Phat (still got mine here I think, gave up on it after trying to play SM64:DS and Rayman DS with it and failing miserably). I really wanted to like Sonic Dark Brotherhood -- I like Sonic and I like RPGs so it was a natural fit -- but the touchscreen-only controls bothered me enough that I never made it even halfway through the game (granted that wasn't the only reason I stopped playing it, but it was a major factor). IMO the *only* game that was acceptable in using touchscreen-only controls was Elite Beat Agents, and that's just because of the nature of the game.
Dude, I legit gave up on Sonic Chronicles after about 2 minutes of trying to navigate the overworld map with touch controls. I hated it that bad. >.<

You know what else was a great touchscreen-only game, though? Kirby Mass Attack. Easily one of the most addictive DS games I've ever played :yaynds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30