Hacking Mighty Channels

RobGee789

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HacksDen.com
XP
Country
hey guys when ever i load a game it loads fine but the screen is too far on the left and some of the screen is chopped off, im using beta 3 (it was the same with beta 2) and using cios 249 rev17. any ideas what is causing this

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
2 things,

1 I've been loading VC/Wiiware from my sd card is it possible to turn these files into wads so I can use them with mighty channels or do I have to grab them again.

2 I've been having an issue with the new Gameboy VC games

Set up as rev17 on 250

Mario and Luigi SS, on boot it reports no .dol or main.dol found and then needs to load using NAND loader
the game then runs fine except all my wiimotes become unsynced, and wont resync while the game is running.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Mighty Loader is another project.

@jsugarsmacks, the meta.xml is now included on BETA4. You must delete the commented lines to enable parameters.
The custom skin option is very simple, so users can only edit the images. I don't think I'll enhance this.
However, you can recompile the code modifying the page number coordenates. They are on the __Draw_Page function.
Another quick solution is to hide the numbers. Just make the numbers PNG image fully transparent. You won't know in what page you are, but you will still be able to know if there are more pages thanks to the arrows.

@coreduo0099, you should send this to Waninkoko. Maybe he'll be interested on this. Great job!
About the system filter sorting. I may implement this on the future, but not now. Anyway, the sourcecode is free so anyone can edit it
smile.gif

@chop, these channels are not official, I don't think I'll be able to help here.

Riicky said:
EDIT:Deleted the mighty_channels.cfg and then all games showed up
smile.gif

Contra Rebirth - Black Screen
Space Invaders Get Even - Error Accessing Wii Memory
Pokemon Rumble - Black Screen (could never get it working on triiforce either)
Thank you
smile.gif

Contra Rebirth worked perfectly with rev17 (PAL, but NTSC should work too). And I think Space Invaders also worked (but I can't confirm this right now).

Pokemon Rumble needs the Apploader boot method.
Mighty Channels has an internal mini database of what games need this option. It enables the Apploader option automatically when it finds these games.
"WAL", //ArtSyle: light trax
"WDH", //ArtSyle: Rotohex
"WOB", //ArtSyle: ORBIENT
"WPR", //ArtSyle: CUBELLO
"WA8", //ArtSyle: Penta Tentacles
"WB7", //Midnight Pool
"WSP" //Pokemon Rumble
These are the ones I know. If you know more games, post it here
smile.gif

I added Pokemon Rumble to BETA4, I forgot about this one.

Anyway... BETA4 includes another database: games that need a savefile.
I coded a simple but useful function that creates savegames for those games that can't boot without a savegame.
I want you to test it. It supports:
Bit Trip Beat
Bit Trip Core
Bit Trip Void
Bit Trip Runner
I tried it with Bit Trip Beat PAL/USB and worked successfully! But I'd like to know your results too. Please try these games without a savegame. A message will appear telling that the savegame is created before booting the game.
If you want to help, you can post here what games need a savegame. Then a list of all files it needs (they are on the data directory of every game in the NAND) and their sizes in bytes.
But please, be sure that the game really needs a savegame. Because I found an old list here in GBATemp and most of the games didn't need a savegame (they work with Apploader).

Finally, I also fixed the games not showing after installing them. You can get BETA4 on the first post.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow marc_max thats amazing, great work/idea!! Id love to help you do some testing, but im unsure about how to find out if the game didnt boot cause settings changes, no savegame file or just cause its simply not supported, is there any specific test method you want us to use?

Also, confirmed contra rebrith NTSC works flawlessly.

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
marc_max said:
I coded a simple but useful function that creates savegames for those games that can't boot without a savegame.
Bit Trip Beat
Bit Trip Core
Bit Trip Void
Bit Trip Runner
I tried it with Bit Trip Beat PAL/USB and worked successfully! But I'd like to know your results too. Please try these games without a savegame. A message will appear telling that the savegame is created before booting the game.
If you want to help, you can post here what games need a savegame. Then a list of all files it needs (they are on the data directory of every game in the NAND) and their sizes in bytes.
But please, be sure that the game really needs a savegame. Because I found an old list here in GBATemp and most of the games didn't need a savegame (they work with Apploader).

Finally, I also fixed the games not showing after installing them. You can get BETA4 on the first post.
Good to know thank you
wink.gif

Baloons W2LP need a save file to save progression but can be played without save
The Three Musketeers: One for all W3MP can't be played because it search for a save that it can't find ^^
5 Spots Party W54P missing save (error on loading
Eco Shooter: Plant 530 W6BP same
that's only what i have tested actually

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
marc_max said:
Bit Trip Beat
Bit Trip Core
Bit Trip Void
Bit Trip Runner
Tested bit trip beat and core (both PAL/USB): the savegame is created nicely as it should.
smile.gif
(tested beat with savegame beforehand and can confirm the proggy doesn't try to overwrite saved data
wink.gif
).

Bit trip fate (PAL/USB) has the same issue as the others (I tried to add it to the compatibility chart, only to find out that not everyone may edit that wiki anymore). If the savegame exists, it works fine. If not, it just blackscreens.

Files:
00010001\57424645\data\savefile.dat (192 bytes)
00010001\57424645\data\banner.bin (61.600 bytes)

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That compatibility chart seems to be pretty out-dated, im wondering if we should create a new Mighty Channels one or just edit that existing one, im going to be doing some testing and would like to get it organized, what do you think?

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out why my auto loading settings were not working....

The Mighty Channels - MIGH forwarder link

If I launch from homebrew, the auto loader works as expected.

Just thought I'd post in case others were banging their head against the wall as well.

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok... Works for me until today.... I try to load Might Channel and i get the Error: I cant get titles list Ret -1 ... I need help me!!!!

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your using a channel forwarder its going to use a default settings and not pass arguments to change its IOS or auto sd/usb, unless of course the forwarder was made specifically for it. The HBC loads the arguments within the meta.xml automatically

I have not tested the forwarders that are floating around but until proven otherwise im going to assume they do not parse the meta.xml and pass arguments to the app as i've not seen any forwarder that does this the way the HBC does at least

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks mighty channels looks great

Here's a Forwarder :

- Mighty Channels Forwarder

Download Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WCBWXT6Y
Info :
Code:
Forwarder Source: IOS 35 (Default)
Banner/Icon: Took Banner Logo and dol from a different mighty channels channel credit : Lgin
Icon : Official logo app
Background edited official theme of mighty channels
Sound : Flash Kit
Forwarder Paths :
SD: apps/mighty_channels/boot.dol
USB: apps/mighty_channels/boot.dol

coreduo0099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
If your using a channel forwarder its going to use a default settings and not pass arguments to change its IOS or auto sd/usb, unless of course the forwarder was made specifically for it. The HBC loads the arguments within the meta.xml automatically

I have not tested the forwarders that are floating around but until proven otherwise im going to assume they do not parse the meta.xml and pass arguments to the app as i've not seen any forwarder that does this the way the HBC does at least

Ahh, that makes perfect sense.

Marc,

Yet another suggestion: how about putting the config data in a .cfg file under /config/mighty/channels in a future beta rather than the meta.xml? (as usb config loader does)

Thanks

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
For those who are having problems with garbled graphics in the bottom of the screen, please check if you have your Wii configured in 50hz. If that's the case, change it to 60hz and try again.

Skater4599 said:
Wow marc_max thats amazing, great work/idea!! Id love to help you do some testing, but im unsure about how to find out if the game didnt boot cause settings changes, no savegame file or just cause its simply not supported, is there any specific test method you want us to use?
Best and fast way to test these games is using Sneek.
First run the game (without having a savegame, of course) with Triiforce. If you get a black screen, a message telling that it can't save or simply a freeze then try the game with Sneek, let it create the savegame. Try to run the game with Triiforce again. If it works now, then it means the game must be added to the internal database (remeber that I need the full file list of that savegame and their sizes). I'm sure that there some games marked as non working in the wiki that can be fixed with this method.
Also remember to try the games using the Apploader boot method too, because maybe that's the problem and not the savegame.

Wever said:
Bit trip fate (PAL/USB) has the same issue as the others (I tried to add it to the compatibility chart, only to find out that not everyone may edit that wiki anymore). If the savegame exists, it works fine. If not, it just blackscreens.

Files:
00010001\57424645\data\savefile.dat (192 bytes)
00010001\57424645\data\banner.bin (61.600 bytes)
Thank you. I'll add this to the database.
halen said:
Ok... Works for me until today.... I try to load Might Channel and i get the Error: I cant get titles list Ret -1 ... I need help me!!!!
That sounds weird.
Do you have the SD/USB inserted? Can you check if it still have the ticket and title folders inside?

QUOTE(coreduo0099 @ Jan 4 2011, 11:41 PM)
Yet another suggestion: how about putting the config data in a .cfg file under /config/mighty/channels in a future beta rather than the meta.xml? (as usb config loader does)
At first, using the parameters in meta.xml was just for beta purposes, but now I really like this way. I'll see what can we do in the future.
But if you are worried about using automatic mode in forwarders... I never created a forwarder channel, but I think there are ways to parse parameters too. If not, we can still compile automatic versions.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
coreduo0099 said:

from page 1 of cfg thread
QUOTEby FIX94: supports ios58 for usb2 based on WiiMC forwarder / NForwarder58 + meta.xml support by oggzee

idk if theres source public for xml supporting forwarders tho if not maybe FIX94 or Oggzee will be kind enough to provide a dol for mighty.

Like the banner BTW
smile.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply marc_max, Guess im gonna have to loook into sneek lol, I've never used it before so I'll do some research and set it up for testing. Can i use the same nand dump for sneek and triiforce or they are different?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
Thanks for the reply marc_max, Guess im gonna have to loook into sneek lol, I've never used it before so I'll do some research and set it up for testing. Can i use the same nand dump for sneek and triiforce or they are different?
Yes, they use the same. For that reason I think this method (switching between MC and Sneek) is the best to check if a game needs a savegame.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Tagg7 said:
I'm having issues with Fluidity (save file?). Anyone else have problems with this game?

Try using wanins cIOSr17 instead of cIOSr21
wink.gif
There is something with the new cIOS that f*cks that up for some games
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works