Memory Pit - A new DSi exploit for DSi camera!

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by shutterbug2000, May 27, 2019.

1. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    This missing sounds and music in Launcher is not a bug… it's a feature. Unlaunch applies these non-optional patches to the "Launcher" once installed. If you replace "Launcher" with TWiLight Menu++ (again: see https://dsi.cfw.guide/) you can customize almost anything. Theme like DSi Launcher, like 3DS Home Menu… with music, without. Whatever you want.

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. Employee426

Employee426 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi so I gave the memory pit exploit a try and something seems to have gone wrong. I formatted it to FAT32, downloaded the files and made the correct folders, then inserted it into my DSi. Upon opening the photo app going to sd card - album, I was greeted by a frozen DS. The SD Card is fresh out the packet so that isn't the issue, and the DSi has just been formatted. The only one thing that might have bearing is the fact it is on ver 1.4.1E. If that's the issue is their any way to update it? If not then I have no clue.

3. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    It should work on lower versions. Are you using the release from https://dsi.cfw.guide/ ? The first version ever released of Memory Pit was known to only work on 1.4.5

Normally there is no reason to ever update a DSi (other than unlocking the Data Management option in System Settings by visiting the defunct shop… or redownloading purchased software from said shop).

Pretty much all DSi updates do is blocking flashcarts. For more information see https://dsibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu

4. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

Did you use an regular SD Card or an microSD with Adapter ?
    Please use for the Exploit a regular SD Card 2-8 GB and NON SDXC please !

You can use later a bigger SD Card and you can copy all Files 1:1 over.

Thank you.:)

5. Employee426

Employee426 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the speedy responses I can be a little slow with these things so bear with me. Oh and this is a new account hence why I'm not quoting.

alexander1970, the SD card is a Sandisk 32Gb and it's not microSD, so we can rule that out.

As for KleinesSinchen I was following the tutorial from the start of the thread and If I'm right the problem is an outdated copy of the pit file? Or maybe the lack of the fwTools.nds, either way I'll follow this tutorial and post an update once I'm done.

Edit: Thanks it worked. I realized as I was doing what you meant, that the DSiguide had different versions for different firmware updates. I'm a bit slow, but I get there in the end. Now I'm just going to move onto creating a NAND backup and installing HBmenu, let's hope I don't screw it up.

Last edited by Employee426, Nov 25, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted