Homebrew WIP melonDS for Switch

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
That's really cool! Keep up the good work!
I hope it'll reach perfect emulation state soon seeing how much work you're putting into it.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The overclocking functionality is a part of libnx, it should work on any CFW. It looks like there are functions to set the voltage, but I'm probably not gonna mess with that.
I hope they add the function to atmosphere and SX OS too, maybe we could still get low portable clocks stable with less voltage improving battery even more at the same stock clocks or even downclock to play low graphic games...

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the high quality video showing off the emulator! I think I'll add this to the OP, if you don't mind :)

Shame you recorded before the audio fix, but that's not a big deal. It only really sounds good when the game is full speed anyways.

i thought this was the sound fix version but i was using team executer sxos since then i tried loading the nsp with that reinx and atmosphere but i get error? Any ideas? EDIT nvm i'm not using the right pathing ok will fix this. Should be fine then. Ok so it was a pathing issue Personally I prefer if it looked in switch\melonds\melonds.nro but no big deal. I notice when I run in latest atmosphere the performance is better.

Last edited by grabman,

domol2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
in game how you can back to the option menu? and in game when i push the R button the switch crash then i get the black error screen.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
in game how you can back to the option menu? and in game when i push the R button the switch crash then i get the black error screen.
Right now there isn't a way back to the menu once you start a game. I'll add something like that soon.

good update but when i push R button ,crash game
The R button loads a savestate. I think it might crash if you try to load a corrupted state. If it's crashing when you have no save state, I'll have to add a check to make sure one exists before trying to load. Once I add an in-game menu I'll move the savestate functionality there so there's no chance of accidentally pressing it. By the way, if you need to press the R button on the DS, right now it's the Switch ZR button. Button remapping is another feature that's on the way.

i thought this was the sound fix version but i was using team executer sxos since then i tried loading the nsp with that reinx and atmosphere but i get error? Any ideas? EDIT nvm i'm not using the right pathing ok will fix this. Should be fine then. Ok so it was a pathing issue Personally I prefer if it looked in switch\melonds\melonds.nro but no big deal. I notice when I run in latest atmosphere the performance is better.
Yeah, the NSP loads the file at switch/melonds.nro. It can be launched from anywhere with the homebrew menu though. I don't personally use NSPs but maybe @OkazakiTheOtaku could make another one that loads from switch/melonds/melonds.nro? Or you could look into making your own NSP. I'm not sure which tool can be used to make one but I can't see it being too hard.

Last edited by Hydr8gon,
Reactions: Csmrcc and angelhp

Wombleton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
thank you good sir...tetris ds is 95% playable now....only slight slow downs as the levels change in marathon. i completed 200 lines and watched the credits with no real issues :) genuinely amazing work

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason whenever I hit R on the latest build in any game my switch crashes.

The R button loads a savestate. I think it might crash if you try to load a corrupted state. If it's crashing when you have no save state, I'll have to add a check to make sure one exists before trying to load. Once I add an in-game menu I'll move the savestate functionality there so there's no chance of accidentally pressing it. By the way, if you need to press the R button on the DS, right now it's the Switch ZR button. Button remapping is another feature that's on the way. was literally a few posts above yours.

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The R button loads a savestate. I think it might crash if you try to load a corrupted state. If it's crashing when you have no save state, I'll have to add a check to make sure one exists before trying to load. Once I add an in-game menu I'll move the savestate functionality there so there's no chance of accidentally pressing it. By the way, if you need to press the R button on the DS, right now it's the Switch ZR button. Button remapping is another feature that's on the way. was literally a few posts above yours.
atta boy

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Quick update. Should fix the crashes when pressing R, since apparently everyone is having that issue. I also did a little something to make sure savestates don't get corrupted if you try to close the emulator in the middle of saving one. I don't think it'll be possible to get crashes with savestates anymore ;)

mqtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has a lot of potential! If we can get N64 games running at full speed, we can definitely do this!

dragnipur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update! Same place as always. I fixed the sound output. I actually fixed it a few hours ago but I didn't realize because my testing scenario (Pokemon SoulSilver battle) was running slightly below full speed so it was crackling no matter what. Note to self: add FPS counter. Ace Attorney sounds perfect (when the text isn't scrolling).

tl;dr if your sound is still shitty the game isn't full speed.

Also thanks to @StapleButter for dealing with my incompetence and explaining the resampler code to me. I feel like I know more about audio now, if only a little :P
any plans for threaded audio?

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
UI progress??
2018120500031200-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg 2018120500025000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

eikichi09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
I find that so far the emulator is progressing well and thanks Hydr8gon for all his work.
I have a small suggestion if it is possible, i would liked that there is a language choice settings for multilingual games like Animal Crossing. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries