XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much what Guild said, it doesn't matter how it affects you - what matters is that there is a distinct possibility that one time in your life it will affect you differently. Those kinds of rules are made for the benefit of the majority, not the benefit of the smoker, drinker or whatnot. It's scientifically proven that alcohol and drugs, be it prescribed or "recreational" affect your performance, and it doesn't really matter if you personally think that they improve yours - you have to be mindful of other people.
Do you smoke? Have you ever gotten high? Have you ever thought that maybe those drugs can affect your performance in a positive way? It surely does for me. And actually, that is the intent for those prescribed medications, to make things better and most of the time the do make things better. I don't need to be on drugs to have an accident. Accidents happen all the time to completely sober people. For example, women drivers. :D

So, unless I have an accident or my pot use negatively affects other people your argument does not pertain to me.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you smoke? Have you ever gotten high? Have you ever thought that maybe those drugs can affect your performance in a positive way? It surely does for me. And actually, that is the intent for those prescribed medications, to make things better and most of the time the do make things better. I don't need to be on drugs to have an accident. Accidents happen all the time to completely sober people. For example, women drivers. :D

So, unless I have an accident or my pot use negatively affects other people your argument does not pertain to me.

I stopped smoking for my job. And because it's an expensive habit. And because I was getting fat. And because I needed to be physically capable of driving an automobile. And because I was getting sore throats and chest colds from inhaling smoke.

But I totally get what you're saying.

GammaGeorgeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Yeah, all I say is to legalize it for medical use. If it is TRUSTED, because people can smuggle shit into it like acid or traces of things like meth soemtimes.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I have smoked in the past, a number of times when the company was right. Accidents do happen all the time which doesn't in any way validate what you are saying. My performance "seemed" to be better "at the time of smoking" but I'm willing to wager that it most likely was not, much like I feel godlike when I'm piss drunk when in fact I'm swaying from one side of the sidewalk to the other. Your point is null and void - just because accidents happen outside of the "drunken/drugged" category doesn't mean that we should completely ignore those instances.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I stopped smoking for my job. And because it's an expensive habit. And because I was getting fat. And because I needed to be physically capable of driving an automobile. And because I was getting sore throats and chest colds from inhaling smoke.

But I totally get what you're saying.
LOL. When I find a job that needs a clean drug screen then I will quit and not have the every once in a while toke. I actually did quit toking many months back just so I could find a good jobby job. Yeah, it is expensive, thats another reason why I stopped. Marriage made me fat :D

I prefer to bake it into cookies instead of smoking because of the smell (not as if I don't like the smell, but other people don't). I used a vaporizer for a while and even made up my own contraption using my hot air station. :D

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I have smoked in the past, a number of times when the company was right. Accidents do happen all the time which doesn't in any way validate what you are saying. My performance "seemed" to be better "at the time of smoking" but I'm willing to wager that it most likely was not, much like I feel godlike when I'm piss drunk when in fact I'm swaying from one side of the sidewalk to the other. Your point is null and void - just because accidents happen outside of the "drunken/drugged" category doesn't mean that we should completely ignore those instances.
I know what you're saying, but at least in the case of myself, I am no more of a danger when I'm high (notice "high", not blasted out of my mind), than I am when I'm completely sober. Actually, I'm probably more of a danger to other people when I'm sober because I have a short temper and I'm likely able to beat the shit out of someone who cuts me off in traffic.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I know what you're saying, but at least in the case of myself, I am no more of a danger when I'm high (notice "high", not blasted out of my mind), than I am when I'm completely sober. Actually, I'm probably more of a danger to other people when I'm sober because I have a short temper and I'm likely able to beat the shit out of someone who cuts me off in traffic.
Oh, I totally get that - I was just talking about the general rule. Millions of other smokers might not have the same reaction you do, in fact, there's a high chance it would be the opposite, and for the safety of us all, there should be no exceptions. :P

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I totally get that - I was just talking about the general rule. Millions of other smokers might not have the same reaction you do, in fact, there's a high chance it would be the opposite, and for the safety of us all, there should be no exceptions. :P
Well, there are some people who abuse opiates really really bad, but should it be a general rule that no one should be allowed to use a percocet or morphine bc some people will use it the wrong way? No!!

For the many people who marijuana genuinely helps, they should not be stuck not being able to toke just because some people abuse (like how can you really abuse pot anyways?).

If you're going to take a stance on something then your first stance should be on alcohol because it does not help anyone at all..... except for nerds, ugly people, and fat chicks so they can get laid :D

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, there are some people who abuse opiates really really bad, but should it be a general rule that no one should be allowed to use a percocet or morphine bc some people will use it the wrong way? No!!

For the many people who marijuana genuinely helps, they should not be stuck not being able to toke just because some people abuse (like how can you really abuse pot anyways?).

If you're going to take a stance on something then your first stance should be on alcohol because it does not help anyone at all..... except for nerds, ugly people, and fat chicks so they can get laid :D
That was not my point.

I was not supporting the banning of those substances - quite the contrary, I said that everything's for people. Do I believe that morphine and such should not be used in a medical fashion? No, of course not. Do I believe that people using morphine and such in a medical fashion should refrain from using heavy machinery, dangerous tools or vehicles and should work in environments specifically-crafted for their needs only or refrain from the use of those meds at work? Yes, I do - because they unwillingly put other people in danger.

What makes smoking (when not suffering from, say, cancer) in the same situations worse is that you do it willingly and you don't have to do it - there is no medical reason to do it, and even if there was, you should still refrain from certain activities under the influence regardless of how you feel.

Doing otherwise makes you an inconsiderate douche.

As for alcohol, small doses are used in a whole lot of syrups and other liquid medicine as it dilutes blood, making it easier for the active substances to enter the bloodstream, which is why those usually have a label stating that during the use of the substance one is not allowed to drive or use heavy machinery - pick any of'em and see for yourself.

Reactions: Castiel

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But if they were successful at covering it up you wouldn't know they were high in the first place...
When you know someone close enough (when you go to work or school with him or her and see him or her on a daily basis, or if it's family or a close friend) you can easily tell when he or she is baked, at least I can.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, time to head out to the local sev-lev to pick-a-pack-o marlboro 420's.
Marijuana_Cigarettes_xlarge.jpeg

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A) I have to say, Colorado's governor was pretty blunt.
B) Ah, good to see these efforts didn't go up in smoke.
C) Legalize weed? Who would mari-wanta?
D) Man, it looks like the people are really behind legalization. Pot opponents better watch out; they're going to get stoned.
E) All of the above.
Dammit Gahars!

Actinopterygian Melospiza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you know someone close enough (when you go to work or school with him or her and see him or her on a daily basis, or if it's family or a close friend) you can easily tell when he or she is baked, at least I can.
But you might think they aren't high when they are, in which case they would have been successful at covering it up and you just didn't know it. How can you be so sure that hasn't happened?

Also it really depends on the people, some people just don't care that other's know they're high, especially if it's around friends or family that already know they smoke. I don't always smoke weed, but when I do nobody can ever tell unless I just don't give a shit and don't try to keep myself composed. I've also taken LSD while I was around my family and even though I was trippin' balls nobody could tell. I even mentioned it to my brother and was really surprised, he said I was acting completely normal even though some considerably less-than-normal things were going on in my head.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
That was not my point.

I was not supporting the banning of those substances - quite the contrary, I said that everything's for people. Do I believe that morphine and such should not be used in a medical fashion? No, of course not. Do I believe that people using morphine and such in a medical fashion should refrain from using heavy machinery, dangerous tools or vehicles and should work in environments specifically-crafted for their needs only or refrain from the use of those meds at work? Yes, I do - because they unwillingly put other people in danger.

What makes smoking (when not suffering from, say, cancer) in the same situations worse is that you do it willingly and you don't have to do it - there is no medical reason to do it, and even if there was, you should still refrain from certain activities under the influence regardless of how you feel.

Doing otherwise makes you an inconsiderate douche.

As for alcohol, small doses are used in a whole lot of syrups and other liquid medicine as it dilutes blood, making it easier for the active substances to enter the bloodstream, which is why those usually have a label stating that during the use of the substance one is not allowed to drive or use heavy machinery - pick any of'em and see for yourself.
Well, in my case, I smoke willingly bc it keeps me from wanting to kill ppl.... ppl that like to start name calling during a rather reasonable conversation.

Yes, you are right about alcohol. The only difference that I can say is that drinking alcohol (like beer and liquor) has no benefit. And people who get cough medicine don't get it for the alcohol content, they get it for the other drugs involved in it. And there is plenty of alcohol free cough medicine.

Now, please refrain from name calling. We can have a conversation without any of the other bullshit that causes most threads on here to get closed.

Reactions: Old8oy

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But you might think they aren't high when they are, in which case they would have been successful at covering it up and you just didn't know it. How can you be so sure that hasn't happened?

Also it really depends on the people, some people just don't care that other's know they're high, especially if it's around friends or family that already know they smoke. I don't always smoke weed, but when I do nobody can ever tell unless I just don't give a shit and don't try to keep myself composed. I've also taken LSD while I was around my family and even though I was trippin' balls nobody could tell. I even mentioned it to my brother and was really surprised, he said I was acting completely normal even though some considerably less-than-normal things were going on in my head.
There are tell-tale signs which, when occuring in conjunction with eachother point towards marihuana use. As they stack up, the chances of "me being right" increase. These signs are for example:
  1. Glossy, reddened, "dry" eyes, often with visible blood vessels.
  2. Droopy, lazy eyelids.
  3. Dilated pupils, regardless of whether or not the room is dark.
  4. Increased appetite.
  5. Visibly poorer reflexes and sense of timing.
  6. Smell, both of the person and of their clothes - marihuana has a very distinct fragrance which is hard to cover up.
  7. Increased thirst.
  8. In cases of high abuse, clumsiness.
  9. Increased awareness of previously ignored sounds and sights and other bodily sensations, expressed either by annoyance or fascination.
...and many, many more. Trust me - I observe people a lot and just notice things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: