Make a Unity game for Wii U

Hi !
I'm proud to announce that the tutorial is finished !
There is the tutorial with installation of all software programs, build the game and install it to a Wii U Unit

Here is the Google Drive link : Unity Wii U Tutorial

The 2 parts are available in English and French.

The Tutorial for Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe (my tool to convert Wii U Dev files to normal Wii U unit) is here : GBATemp Thread

Note : Just one little thing, the v1.3.0 of Wii U Cafe SDK is not released (yet) but there is the automated installation tutorial, but all other things are the same. I will tell when the v1.3.0 will be available

I'm available by PM or here for any questions !

- RetroAndDev

Original Post
Hello,
Today I am proud to introduce my first part of the tutorial about making a Wii U Game with Unity.

This tutorial will be divided in multiple parts and will be available in English and French.
And today, I release the first part of him.

Here is the link to the folder with the PDFs and required files : Google Drive Link

The Tutorial for Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe is here : GBATemp Thread

It's all for today.
Have a nice week and happy coding your Unity Wii U Game !

Last edited by RetroAndDev,

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Even if they are discontinued you can still have access to the SDK. Just follow the first part of the tutorial and install the SDK with the Nintendo Dev Interface. At least if they don't change something. I think I will fully back up my Wii U + 3DS SDKs...
Note that Master editor and Config Tool are not on Internet Archive

ztetek98

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have followed your guide, and i am stuck on a error when i input my Nintendo Developer ID.
Screenshot_712.png

Post automatically merged:

This is the log file that it outputs

Screenshot_713.png

Even if they are discontinued you can still have access to the SDK. Just follow the first part of the tutorial and install the SDK with the Nintendo Dev Interface. At least if they don't change something. I think I will fully back up my Wii U + 3DS SDKs...
Note that Master editor and Config Tool are not on Internet Archive
Maybe you should, since i think the Wii U SDK on the Internet Archive is incomplete or something.

And also, is the Master editor and the Config tool required?

Last edited by ztetek98,

ztetek98

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not for now.

Seems strange that the NDI won't authenticate you. You used the installer from Nintendo Dev Portail or from my files. If you downloaded from me, check on Nintendo Dev Portal if there is a new release
Oh ok, i thought i need to download both of these tools, and yes i did install the Wii U SDK, the files were in the Wii U SDK Internet Archive page. And about the Nintendo Dev Interface, i can't find a page on the Developer Portal of the app.
Screenshot_714.png

Not for now.

Seems strange that the NDI won't authenticate you. You used the installer from Nintendo Dev Portail or from my files. If you downloaded from me, check on Nintendo Dev Portal if there is a new release
Is the developer account needs to be a "Organization" or "Individual"?

Last edited by ztetek98,

criston

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have followed your guide, and i am stuck on a error when i input my Nintendo Developer ID.View attachment 413570

This is the log file that it outputs

View attachment 413571

Maybe you should, since i think the Wii U SDK on the Internet Archive is incomplete or something.

And also, is the Master editor and the Config tool required?

Im getting quite literally the same error.
I attached the log file as a txt file cause gbatemp doesnt let me upload .log files.

Here's a screenshot of the error as well:

1711924125082.png

Attachments

• NDI_2024-03-31--19-16-41-045.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto