Make a Unity game for Wii U

Hi !
I'm proud to announce that the tutorial is finished !
There is the tutorial with installation of all software programs, build the game and install it to a Wii U Unit

Here is the Google Drive link : Unity Wii U Tutorial

The 2 parts are available in English and French.

The Tutorial for Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe (my tool to convert Wii U Dev files to normal Wii U unit) is here : GBATemp Thread

Note : Just one little thing, the v1.3.0 of Wii U Cafe SDK is not released (yet) but there is the automated installation tutorial, but all other things are the same. I will tell when the v1.3.0 will be available

I'm available by PM or here for any questions !

- RetroAndDev

Original Post
Hello,
Today I am proud to introduce my first part of the tutorial about making a Wii U Game with Unity.

This tutorial will be divided in multiple parts and will be available in English and French.
And today, I release the first part of him.

Here is the link to the folder with the PDFs and required files : Google Drive Link

The Tutorial for Wii U Cafe SDK Deluxe is here : GBATemp Thread

It's all for today.
Have a nice week and happy coding your Unity Wii U Game !

Last edited by RetroAndDev,

nonamegiven

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey! so ive already gotten everything working (building, running, etc) but i need a little help with the coding. how would i implement something that uses the gyro controls like a view finder. it would just move the camera with the gamepad’s gyro. ive tried implementing this myself, but all attempts have gone wrong.

the part im most confused about is that the gamepad.gyro variable gives 3 sets of vectors, so i can’t easily convert it to a rotation. any ideas?

redfire_mrt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use a particle pack from the asset store, but I think I really can’t do anything about because I’m using an outdated version of Unity and saids that I need to upgrade from 2017.1.2p3 to the latest version of Unity in order to use that asset.

lyokohack

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a problem with my unity game for the wiiu, I followed this tutorial

and under Unity it works, but in the wiiu I don't have my gun that returns to my hand.

Doumdoum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey i was trying to install CafeSDK but when trying to login on NDI i get this error, how can i fix that ?

Attachments

• IMG_20230726_130746.jpg
    IMG_20230726_130746.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
No, I'ts a strange issue.
What role(s) do you have ? (click on your name in the top-right corner, and "manage account" and at the bottom of the page) Here's mine.
I think to that, I have my developer account since 2019 and the Wii U & 3DS support dropped in 2022 (or 2021 I don't remember). So new developers can't have access to them. Potentially the NDI can't let access to her if the user don't have a developer role....
Capture d’écran 2023-08-09 à 14.12.05.png

Doumdoum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, I'ts a strange issue.
What role(s) do you have ? (click on your name in the top-right corner, and "manage account" and at the bottom of the page) Here's mine.
I think to that, I have my developer account since 2019 and the Wii U & 3DS support dropped in 2022 (or 2021 I don't remember). So new developers can't have access to them. Potentially the NDI can't let access to her if the user don't have a developer role....
View attachment 387418
it's all checked, but i dont see any developer role option, it's just not there
Post automatically merged:

There is the sdk that have been leaked, but when i try to download from the archive site i was confused to wich file to install

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
it's all checked, but i dont see any developer role option, it's just not there
That potentially why the NDI don't allow you to use it, if you have no roles, you don't need the access (I think).
There is the sdk that have been leaked, but when i try to download from the archive site i was confused to wich file to install
Yeah, there are a lot of things. Follow my tutorial here about setting up NDI & SDKs. Follow at the page 9 to 15. If you download them from Internet Archive, use for CAFE SDK the file 'cafe_sdk-2_13_01-20150728.7z', for GHS MULTI LICENCE use 'Nintendo_permanent_master (MULTI licesne key).lck', for HOSTBRIDGE use 'HostBridge_Software-3_2_6_8-20150417.7z' and for master editor & app config tool I don't know. Use in NDI create from archive

Doumdoum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That potentially why the NDI don't allow you to use it, if you have no roles, you don't need the access (I think).

Yeah, there are a lot of things. Follow my tutorial here about setting up NDI & SDKs. Follow at the page 9 to 15. If you download them from Internet Archive, use for CAFE SDK the file 'cafe_sdk-2_13_01-20150728.7z', for GHS MULTI LICENCE use 'Nintendo_permanent_master (MULTI licesne key).lck', for HOSTBRIDGE use 'HostBridge_Software-3_2_6_8-20150417.7z' and for master editor & app config tool I don't know. Use in NDI create from archive
And for the MULTI, not the licence, do i take the most recent one ? And when the next part of the tutorial will come ?
Post automatically merged:

I got it to work, finally, but i dont have Master editor and app config, i didnt have a megazarf file for the create from archive so i didn't used NDI.

Last edited by Doumdoum,

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
And for the MULTI, not the licence, do i take the most recent one ?
Normally, no. This one works
And when the next part of the tutorial will come ?
Hehe, the 2 only things I will say are : It's coming before end of September and I will be the last part
i dont have Master editor and app config
Yeah. I try to make a tutorial without using them. But will be recommended if you want to provide Homebrew

Doumdoum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you can when you finish the second part of the tutorial put whit it a megazarf archive file for people like me who strugled installing the sdk whit ndi?

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Second Update : The writing of the tutorial has taken a little bit of late. I Think I will release it durring the month of October or November. I don't know for now
Sorry :(

Reactions: Celdyr

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
HI everyone...
And no, not yet.
Writing is advanced ! But not complete for now.
I plan to release part 2 (last one), this month !
I had other occupations with other projects and I got sick...
If you want, here is a short way to build your game :
https://github.com/RetroAndDev/WiiUCafeSDKDeluxe/issues/3#issuecomment-1807108649

BE CAREFUL !
System Config Tool CAN BRICK YOUR WII U WITH SOME OPTIONS ! DON'T TOUCH TO ANYTHING OTHER ! I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED WII U !

Just build using these settings, install SCT (System Config Tool) with any hacks, and navigate to Data Manager > Title Manager > Install > SD Card > [go to your installable files] > Select your title and press R trigger to install it.
Just quit and you go.
To uninstall a title, just go to Data Manager > Title Manager > Uninstall and select your title and press R trigger to uninstall it

That all for me today,
If you have any questions, I'm available here or by PM

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
The Wii U Tutorial (part 2) is ready and will be released on January, 5 2024 in the afternoon. I will completely check it, make some edits to WiiU Cafe SDK Deluxe and this will be finished. Thank you all to be patient, I have a lot of work with other projects, school and personal things, this almost took me 1 year to do.
Be ready to make Wii U Games next year, 12 years after the original Wii U Release.
Have a good weekend (or vacations) !

Reactions: Doumdoum

RetroAndDev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
France
Well, Well, Well...
We are here, almost one year after, the is the last part of the Wii U Tutorial

I updated the Google Drive link on the first post.
There is the part 1 and part 2 tutorials in PDF in French and English. The files are too

Just one little thing, the v1.3.0 of Wii U Cafe SDK is not released (yet) but there is the automated installation tutorial, but all other things are the same. I will tell when the v1.3.0 will be available

I'm available by PM or here for any questions !
Good programming and weekend

- RetroAndDev

Reactions: Doumdoum

ztetek98

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, i created a Nintendo Developer Portal account, and they discontinued both the 3DS and Wii U SDKs and i can't seems to download Wii U Cafe SDK from the Nintendo Dev Interface. Is there will be a link for Wii U Master Editor and Wii U App Configuration Tool? I have no idea if there are even archive in the Internet Archive.
Screenshot_711.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto