Not open for further replies.

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no
you just need an untrimmed rom (clean rom)
apply the patch
and play away
it's the same game, so the savefile will still be loaded, no matter how many patches release
smile.gif

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going to restart my save when I play this translation patch.
It's nice to know what was said in the story. Heheh. XD' (Even though I'm sure alot of the text is the same as the original Silver version.)

Mr. Micx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so it seems that my videos are pointless as PaulMoore12 has released his own version of the two videos I've already uploaded *sigh*.

Even though I support Magnius, I'm going to stop making videos as it seems a bit pointless if someone justs makes another copy of it.

@PaulMoore12, you missed a bit on the "Ruins of Alph" video. (Just thought you should know)

PaulMoore12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mr. Micx said:
OK, so it seems that my videos are pointless as PaulMoore12 has released his own version of the two videos I've already uploaded *sigh*.

Even though I support Magnius, I'm going to stop making videos as it seems a bit pointless if someone justs makes another copy of it.

@PaulMoore12, you missed a bit on the "Ruins of Alph" video. (Just thought you should know)

Yours are not pointless as I might miss some stuff, I am just playing through the full game and completing everything on the way.

Mr. Micx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PaulMoore12 said:
Mr. Micx said:

Yours are not pointless as I might miss some stuff, I am just playing through the full game and completing everything on the way.
OK, my apologies. I may continue making videos, but I'll check to see if you've covered it already.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
damaztur said:
I had swine flu too, bit off topic but the free vaccin only supresses the symptoms. So it doesn't cure you from it, they are pretty worthless!:D
Off-topic:

Vaccines give immunity, not cure...

brissmas

Trophies
XP
Country
I am r4ymond said:
Red_hawk said:
You know what this translation is really good for.. when you have swine flu and can't go anywhere and have nothing better to do, it's given me something to do for the last week.
yaynds.gif

So you're saying that you have the Swine Flu and Can't go anywhere else, right? Lol. Anyways, I prefer to Wait till the USA Version comes out in 2010.
biggrin.gif
Although, I still support Watarukun for doing his Translations.

Yeah id rather wait til the offical release aswell but WataruKun your doing a brilliant job with this translation so far!

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DeltaBladeX said:
I prefer Gold myself (it was the version I got with the originals) but it won't hurt you to play the Silver version while you wait for the official release. If it is just a matter of a save game from the Gold version, give it the same name as the Silver ROM. So if you have POKESS.NDS as the Silver ROM, name the Gold save POKESS.SAV and Silver will load it up. You can use the Silver ROM while you wait for another translated Gold patch.
ORLY?
Doesn't work for me.

PaulMoore12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mr. Micx said:
PaulMoore12 said:
Mr. Micx said:

OK, my apologies. I may continue making videos, but I'll check to see if you've covered it already.

I will be starting "Ilex Forest" In a few hours when I finish work.

Lunarial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
could someone give me some normal info on how to get the patched .nds file working, my no$gba 2.6a gives 'the rom-image has crashed' which I want to avoid, so I can just play my game and save it normally, if that's not possible, maybe someone could let me know how to use no$launcher without having it fail when selecting the folder no$gba is in, or if that's impossible, let me know what this no$zoom is about because google thinks no$zoom = no zoom so it doesnt find anything

thankyou!

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
niedy said:
is it possible to combine magnius patch and kazo or would that be against rules?
No, it's not possible, plus there's no point. Kazo's patch is only up to the end of the first gym, if I remember correctly. Wataru's is up to Eckruteak
R2DJ said:
damaztur said:
I had swine flu too, bit off topic but the free vaccin only supresses the symptoms. So it doesn't cure you from it, they are pretty worthless!:D
Off-topic:

Vaccines give immunity, not cure...

He's talking about tammyflu. It does sweet fuck all to you and in some cases can make you worse.

Egonny said:
QUOTE(DeltaBladeX @ Nov 2 2009, 12:59 AM) I prefer Gold myself (it was the version I got with the originals) but it won't hurt you to play the Silver version while you wait for the official release. If it is just a matter of a save game from the Gold version, give it the same name as the Silver ROM. So if you have POKESS.NDS as the Silver ROM, name the Gold save POKESS.SAV and Silver will load it up. You can use the Silver ROM while you wait for another translated Gold patch.
ORLY?
Doesn't work for me.
This shouldn't work.
It's like loading a professor Layton save as a pokemon one. They are DIFFERENT games.
wtf.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(Lunarial @ Nov 2 2009, 12:09 PM)
could someone give me some normal info on how to get the patched .nds file working, my no$gba 2.6a gives 'the rom-image has crashed' which I want to avoid, so I can just play my game and save it normally, if that's not possible, maybe someone could let me know how to use no$launcher without having it fail when selecting the folder no$gba is in, or if that's impossible, let me know what this no$zoom is about because google thinks no$zoom = no zoom so it doesnt find anything

thankyou!
Firstly, don't search for no$zoom, search for the latest no$GBA (2.6?) it comes with that. Also, any other problems you have, remember... SEACH BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could someone merge the posts together? I can't post 4 quotes in the same post >_>

Lunarial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have no$gba 2.6a, and it didn't come with a no$zoom, in fact, it came with nothing but the .exe file, which created the slot and battery folders etc. when I opened it.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Swine flu derailers have been reported.

Also, I don't care if you're waiting for the official release. If you are then don't post, saying "YOUR PATCH IS GREAT BUT LOLZ I THINK I'M JUST GON' WAIT TILL OFFICIAL RELEASE" is a useless post.

If you're waiting for the official release, I do not care.

So don't make post saying so.

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I read someone saying Pokemon games' saves are "different games"... WRONG. You can play HG and SS just changing the sav file names without any problem. This compatibility goes back with D/P and even maybe Pt.

The wait is on again for this translation!

Cheers

PaulMoore12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is the next part to my video uploads - Ilex Forest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jydZvIlZ8gE...39&index=18

There's a move tutor that is not translated yet, and the lady that likes to spin around is also not translated. There Is a few items that have not been translated yet.

At the request of a fellow member here I will now include a list of the areas I have covered in my videos.

New Bark Town
Route 29
Cherrygrove City
Route 30
Back to New Bark Town
Onward To Route 31
Route 31
Violet City
Sprout Tower
Violet City Pokemon Gym & The mystery egg
Route 36
Ruins of Alph
Route 32
Union Cave
Route 33
Azalea Town
Slowpoke Well
Ilex Forest

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
onivan said:
I read someone saying Pokemon games' saves are "different games"... WRONG. You can play HG and SS just changing the sav file names without any problem. This compatibility goes back with D/P and even maybe Pt.

Cheers
Never worked when I tried it.
unsure.gif

Oh well.
Actually... It shouldn't work. For the reason I stated. I guess I can understand D/P/Pt, but HG/SS doing it with the aformentioned ones too? They are completely different games
blink.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinryuji said:
onivan said:

Cheers
unsure.gif

Oh well.
Actually... It shouldn't work. For the reason I stated. I guess I can understand D/P/Pt, but HG/SS doing it with the aformentioned ones too? They are completely different games
blink.gif

Worked fine for me.

And this exact same thing has been doable for a good while. I have managed to flash a Fire Red save onto a Leaf Green cart, with no issues afterward.

I don't remember very well, but I think I was also able to do this with the old Gameboy ones when I used emulators. Like the original Red and Blue.

In any case, the games are almost the same underneath. They usually only change some minor story elements, the title screen, and the pokemon that appear. There is no reason they'd have a different save format.

D

Deleted User

s3phir0th115 said:
Shinryuji said:
onivan said:

Cheers
unsure.gif

Oh well.
blink.gif

Worked fine for me.

And this exact same thing has been doable for a good while. I have managed to flash a Fire Red save onto a Leaf Green cart, with no issues afterward.

I don't remember very well, but I think I was also able to do this with the old Gameboy ones when I used emulators. Like the original Red and Blue.

In any case, the games are almost the same underneath. They usually only change some minor story elements, the title screen, and the pokemon that appear. There is no reason they'd have a different save format.
Yeah the same the .SAV file worked perfectly for me, with a different name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.