ROM Hack Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulMoore12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is the next part to my video uploads - Route 34: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxj9PluFhi8...39&index=19

On Route 34 there is a part where you encounter Kotone and the daycare centre which is totally untranslated. There is also a police Guard who is untranslated.

New Bark Town
Route 29
Cherrygrove City
Route 30
Back to New Bark Town
Onward To Route 31
Route 31
Violet City
Sprout Tower
Violet City Pokemon Gym & The mystery egg
Route 36
Ruins of Alph
Route 32
Union Cave
Route 33
Azalea Town
Slowpoke Well
Ilex Forest
Route 34

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whenz ittz gunaz beez finizshedz
biggrin.gif

J/k

i just tried the latest patch and it great thanks for the hard work Magnius ( WataruKun )

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The save file will work but there will be problems when it comes to the Tin Tower part of the storyline.
it's the same with Gold and Silver save files they work to a certain extent but beyond a certain point the games differ with pokemon sprites and stuff, so if your using a save that has a different spirte it will pull the wrong data and possibly cause a ?? or even some of the lesser known M's. That's still unlikely though.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just applied the 3.1 HG patch after I accidentally erased all my savefiles (/facepalm).
Great patch, although I really LMAO at the intro with Prof. Oak: "I hope to see in the future" Who doesn't XD?

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PaulMoore12 said:
Thanks that will help a lot, Pokesave doesn't work on No$GBA sav files for me
smile.gif

: O

I was using Pokésav last night to get re-accuainted with the new Hex Values that HG and SS use and it worked fine for me

And all you god damn whiners about OMG NO HEART GOLD PATCH, sheesh if you want it that bad google how to change the patch yourself and MKROM it
x.x that's what I did, must test it later to see if it works...

HOORAY IM THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS THREAD (maybe besides Wataru and MAYBE 1 other person but I doubt it
tongue.gif
) THAT HAS HEART GOLD UP TO ECRUTEAK.

Yeah MKROM works. And urrr ehhh ummm. Wataru is there a part that I can change to edit the graphic when I MKROM it, it's not needed it'd just be nice.

Oh andddd there's an Error in Oak's opening speech during the evening time, he says "Imust have been reading a book or something" so might wanna grab that while your fixing everything. :]
Looking forward to the next patch, Don't make a heart gold one if ya dont want to, people should just either play Soul Silver, or work to get a translated Heart Gold xD

Thanks for the MKROM suggestion, never thought of trying that.

PaulMoore12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh the heart gold when it's MKROM'd is a bit buggy though I wouldnt advise people who want a proper translation to play on it . As the types remain untranslated. So move types and all that are still in Japanese characters. I havnt encountered many other problems really but it does get annoying.
Thanks Shinruji :]
Wataru's Idea though
tongue.gif

Still worth doing for the DIE HARD HG USERS but I'll probably just stick to using Wataru's patches rather than using workarounds. So yeah you can get this patch in Heart Gold, but it's not really worth it in the long run as it's not as patched as Soul Silver is.

Zentetsuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am hoping this has not been asked a hundred times, if it has, I am sorry.

My question is, if there is anything that is not translated on this patch that is potentially translated on another, how detrimental and/or possible would it be to apply more than 1 different patch to a single ROM?

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PewpewFiah said:
Ugh the heart gold when it's MKROM'd is a bit buggy though I wouldnt advise people who want a proper translation to play on it . As the types remain untranslated. So move types and all that are still in Japanese characters. I havnt encountered many other problems really but it does get annoying.
Thanks Shinruji :]
Wataru's Idea though
tongue.gif

Still worth doing for the DIE HARD HG USERS but I'll probably just stick to using Wataru's patches rather than using workarounds. So yeah you can get this patch in Heart Gold, but it's not really worth it in the long run as it's not as patched as Soul Silver is.

but will the next patch be also for heart gold ?

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Stevetry said:
That is up to Wataru. He has mentioned that the 4.1 patch might have a Gold version, but seeing as making a patch compatible for Gold would take time he could use to do other stuff, I wouldn't mind if he skipped it. As I said in an earlier post, just change the name of your Gold save and continue in SS until he does release another Gold patch rather than wasting time asking for a patch now. Just be sure to make a backup. Some people mentioned that it didn't work for them.

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stevetry said:
PewpewFiah said:

How should I know, he said he might do it, watch his posts not mine, I'm not Wataru, i just tried a method he said and a bit of my own intuition to get it to work with Soul Silver's patch.
read the thread once in a while rather than just constantly asking is it in Heart Gold, he said it like 1-2 pages ago that the huge fix that's coming with 4.1 MAY include Heart Gold.

Stevetry

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PewpewFiah said:
Stevetry said:
PewpewFiah said:

How should I know, he said he might do it, watch his posts not mine, I'm not Wataru, i just tried a method he said and a bit of my own intuition to get it to work with Soul Silver's patch.
read the thread once in a while rather than just constantly asking is it in Heart Gold, he said it like 1-2 pages ago that the huge fix that's coming with 4.1 MAY include Heart Gold.

i know but dm i just saying done let us HG users in the dark

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stevetry said:
PewpewFiah said:
Stevetry said:
PewpewFiah said:

You were using Soul Silver originally at the start of this thread
tongue.gif

And he's not leaving you's in the dark, the name of the thread is Soul Silver Translation, not Pokémon Johto Remakes Translations.
Be thankful he's doing one at all times and the other on and off.
Besides there's not really much difference to the game translation wise anyways, for the moment it's purely asthetic.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have an issue with this patch. Every time I use it, it works flawlessly, other than one thing, it freezes when ever I go to the pokegear. I looked through this forum and from what saw no one has brought that up, so I felt I needed to. Is it the patch that's freezing or its it just my ds?
I have Gold Tri-Force DS, flashed with the latest version of Flashme, an M3 DS Real with firmwire System V4.5 X, and an M3 Lite.

Again not totally sure if anyone has addressed this issue, or if it's just me. If it is just me can someone tell me what I did wrong and help me make it work.

Just a heads up if it takes me forever to reply I am not avoiding this forum or anything I am at school.

Stevetry

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PewpewFiah said:
Stevetry said:
PewpewFiah said:
Stevetry said:
PewpewFiah said:

You were using Soul Silver originally at the start of this thread
tongue.gif

And he's not leaving you's in the dark, the name of the thread is Soul Silver Translation, not Pokémon Johto Remakes Translations.
Be thankful he's doing one at all times and the other on and off.
Besides there's not really much difference to the game translation wise anyways, for the moment it's purely asthetic.
no i never use soul silver i started coming here because he started making patches for heart gold

Stevetry

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jonesman99 said:
well then just be patient and wait... trust me im a hg player myself

but if the topic title says SOULSILVER translation that should let you know what he's catering to...

yes i know that i was just replaying to that guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, though only sometimes when some people arent home
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honey he's playing gta again
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    WUT! Get my belt.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, but atleast i have the amazing spiderman and red dead redemption 1 too, they are more family friendly compared to GTA (i think)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it's modded you always have everything
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My pc already has every ps3 game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it only has like 26 GB avaliable right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    GTAV is fine beating up hookers is OK, they don't mind!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, uhhhhhhhhh how do I tell you i entered their club once?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just don't pick them up, and drive to a hidden location.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you do run them over and get your money back
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    @BigOnYa a strip club
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The strip club you shoot up the hookers you pick up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You actually get to own that strip club, later in the game.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After you shoot it up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still pissed I had to pay for that game again, (3rd time) just to get the next gen(4k) update. It should be free. Typical Rockstar move tho.
    +1
    I live like walking distance to a strip club lol
    I should check it out some day
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you shouldnt, you may run into one of your long lost daughters you never knew you had.
    +2
    BigOnYa I had a modified version with texture mods and all kinds of goodies lol https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5g4kxs4UU&t=64s
    Me playing it like 4 years ago on a 2080 Ti lol
    Lol that reminds me I am like 60% sure my step daughter is dead...
    Meth addicts don't move out of a house they are trying to sell and the boyfriend says she moved and does not know where lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was about to be like can't wait for gta6 so @Psionic Roshambo can tell me places to go then you drop that
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I was about to be like can't wait for gta6 so @Psionic Roshambo can tell me places to go then... +2