Status
Not open for further replies.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Nope, it's just better to put it on hold.

It's your choice of course. But it's nothing to be ashamed of doing. Developers put debug rooms and menus into their games to simplify the testing process. So even developers cheat simply because it allows their games to be tested more easily.

klight18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awww no heart gold patch this time
frown.gif

GriffithVoltaire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Watarukun, thank you for all the effort in attempting to translate Soul Silver. I have been following it for a while now but just now decided to post. If you wish to take a break then all means do so. It surprised me you went this far before wanting a break if only because of the how much text truly needs to be translated. It's a very taxing thing to do and I'm happy you've done as much as you have. I hope you continue at some point soon.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lachlan10411 said:
WataruKun said:

no dont put it on hold i cant do anything cause dont even know how 2 make vids on th pc but i realy appreciate what ur doin and im sure other people do 2
Well if people would make vids there'd be no need but...

Since I have to go back from the beginning of the game and check every single thing myself, it'll be some "time" before I start progressing again.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you as always, shame theres no HeartGold patch this time... Although, at least we should be happy with what we have for the time being.

Anyway, as always i look forward to your next release!
smile.gif

meleshanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
lachlan10411 said:
WataruKun said:

no dont put it on hold i cant do anything cause dont even know how 2 make vids on th pc but i realy appreciate what ur doin and im sure other people do 2

Since I have to go back from the beginning of the game and check every single thing myself, it'll be some "time" before I start progressing again.

I can offer to make videos, um, do you just want like, people in houses who are untranslated and stuff, or whaaat?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
meleshanna said:
WataruKun said:
lachlan10411 said:
WataruKun said:

I can offer to make videos, um, do you just want like, people in houses who are untranslated and stuff, or whaaat?
I say don't bother unless your really going to do it
rolleyes.gif
. I've heard people say "Oh yeah Magnius I'm going to make videos" then a month later, I don't see anything.

Any videos are fine really. Best thing would be a walkthrough.

meleshanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
meleshanna said:
WataruKun said:
lachlan10411 said:
WataruKun said:

rolleyes.gif
. I've heard people say "Oh yeah Magnius I'm going to make videos" then a month later, I don't see anything.

Well i'm notttt thaaaat talented, but i guess i'll just go through and paste together places that are untranslated.

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
meleshanna said:
WataruKun said:
lachlan10411 said:
WataruKun said:

rolleyes.gif

About the Heart Gold patch not coming in this version, Is the only difference the font? Cause so far I havnt seen any differences text wise, and I cant even read japanese so Im matching the symbols. Im copying your version to the Heart Gold Script bit by bit at the moment but I still dont see any reason why the patch might not work on Heart Gold. I'd test it but im not far enough to know if the new stuff is done.

EDIT: I dont even think the fonts are different at most points, I'll check again later , but im pretty sure they're the same.

And i saw some stuff you didnt mention being translated, Pretty cool xD Not gonna say what it is.

mmmmmm i made video's before, I take it you'll want the video's done on Soul Silver? I'll see about getting it together, I'll need to dig out my spare hard disk though so im not sure. I'll check tomorrow.

Mr. Micx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
So, in order to test this correctly, one MUST go from the start and make a list of all the things which are translated correctly and all those which are not translated or those that have errors, is this correct?

QUOTE(WataruKun @ Oct 31 2009, 12:05 PM) Best thing would be a walkthrough.
Do you mean a list of all the things which are translated correctly and all those which are not translated or those that have errors.
Or do you mean an ACTUAL walkthrough which tells people what to do and where to go?

And, if there are people WILLING to devote time and effort into looking through the beta 4 patched rom for errors/mistakes or un-translated text, then maybe one of us should make a list of people who are willing to do that AND what part they will test.

E.g. Magnius (Watarukun) = Start - First Town
Me = Route (blah blah) - 2nd Town

This would make it easier and quicker for Magnius to continue translating Soul Silver.

Any ideas/suggestions on this?

klight18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
watarukun why are videos so badly needed? why not just find where the txt is untranslated and just take a picture of the screen. state where it is and just send them to u or post them? itd be easier and a lot more people would do it. personally i dont have the patience or time to sit at my computer and screen record something for hours on end and then having to cut/convert and reduce the size of the video just so id be able to post it which uploading videos take another couple hours depending on file size. not to mention how much time you'd be wasting watching all these videos instead of just getting straight to the point with screen shots. not everybody has a 600gb+ computer with all that space for screen recording like we do lol.

id be willing to do that and sort it all according to whatever aspects, locations, order and all that jazz into folders and label all the pictures for your convenience and just send it over to you through aim or whatever.

im mostly only interested in doing this for heart gold BUT i would do this for soul silver if it helps with heart gold too in some way

mattbbx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like our marching orders are pretty simple to me. Record some videos and drop the links in this thread.
PROTIP: Making the creator happy is a sure-win way to convince them to continue a project.

He says videos, not pictures. He wants those videos on youtube, not pics mailed to him. (That is atleast what I gathered.)

Let me grab an emulator and rip my save file from my flash card and i'll see what i can whip up

Mr. Micx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, has anyone read my post?

It appears that some people are interested in helping Magnius with his translation checking.
As I pointed out earlier, it would be better if we made a roster that tells whos doing what, so that NOBODY doubles up and wastes their time.

Say one guy did one city, and another does another part, then we all combine them into one walkthrough (if one make a video, they can upload them on youtube and include a link on the written walkthrough).

let me know what you think

mattbbx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In essence thats most likely the best idea. But how many people will actually hold up their end of the bargain

Mr. Micx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mattbbx said:
In essence thats most likely the best idea. But how many people will actually hold up their end of the bargain
Yeah...well...who knows.
the idea is that we can make the parts as long as we like...or as short as we like...so almost anyone could do a bit
yaynds.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.