Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If you would translate everything is the whole game, then no.
Only the trainers, dialogs pokemons, items, etc. then yes.
Don't speak for me. Ignore what Robke says people. And hell, the patch might be mostly translated by the end of this year.

Afterall, it's only October and I'm pretty much done with Ecruteak.

Also expect Beta 4 soon! Making vids might work as motivation to make me get it done faster.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
hey wataru can you have a extra patch that has no anti freeze in it, for the users that have updated firmware please?

meleshanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question (seems like that's what all my posts are about).
I found a 128mb rom file, and the menues are in english, and in the description it said it was patched, but not trimmed. So i tried using your dandy patcher so the menues/starting screens would be in english, to no avail. if i press start at the beginning, the screens turn grey, it pretty much looks like someone cut out the video, as behind it is the same colour as the egdes. (i'm using no$gba)

So, i'm pretty computer savvy. is there a possibly way to use the menu pitcher of someone elses, to translate the menus/items, along with yours?

You're doing a GREAT job, except I have major OCD, and tend to stick with things with things when I start them, even if there's no accomplishments... ha.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Thank you for this, WataruKun.

I was just wondering, you do translate things by order, correct? So how come there are people in houses along the way who haven't been translated?

Just wondering. Thank you again.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
meleshanna said:
I found a 128mb rom file, and the menues are in english, and in the description it said it was patched, but not trimmed. So i tried using your dandy patcher so the menues/starting screens would be in english, to no avail. if i press start at the beginning, the screens turn grey, it pretty much looks like someone cut out the video, as behind it is the same colour as the egdes. (i'm using no$gba)

So, i'm pretty computer savvy. is there a possibly way to use the menu pitcher of someone elses, to translate the menus/items, along with yours?

You're doing a GREAT job, except I have major OCD, and tend to stick with things with things when I start them, even if there's no accomplishments... ha.
You didn't do it correctly then. I use No$Gba and it works great.

QUOTEThank you for this, WataruKun.

I was just wondering, you do translate things by order, correct? So how come there are people in houses along the way who haven't been translated?

Just wondering. Thank you again.
They haven't been translated because if you expect to actually PROGRESS in the translation and STILL translate items and STILL translate Pokemon and STILL translate story dialogue, not EVERY little damned thing is going to be translated. They're called Beta's for a reason and you should be happy that a large majority of the text IS translated.

No appreciation I swear.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
No, I am happy for this.

I wasn't trying to stir up anything; like I said, I was just curious.

You should chill, man. I like what you're doing, but it seems like you're very defensive about everything.

Thank you again.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woot beta 4 is out in a few hours
biggrin.gif
. I'll probably be asleep. Thanks for doing this Wataru.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wataru! YAY love the work so far. IMO the more the merrier so delay it pl0x!!!! If you do, I'll give you a cookie.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
I say delay it unless you really want it to beta 4 to be out... has you and everybody who helped help you find all the untranslated things from v3.1?
Well, I know what's untranslated... But that doesn't mean it's Beta 4.

See Beta 4 moves on to Ecruteak. But if you want Beta 4 to come next week and still be up to Ecruteak, just with stuff that was untranslated from 3.1 translated... I can do that
rolleyes.gif

Otherwise, just be happy you can go further in the game in English.

Rei173

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i really like this translation : )

i dont want to get you mad or anything but I think you should focus or translating the main story and gyms etc, and THEN all the little extra things.
So what im saying is, i wouldnt mind waiting a bit for you to extend beta 4 to olivine

meleshanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
meleshanna said:

You didn't do it correctly then. I use No$Gba and it works great.

I'm sorry.. But that wasn't my question: my question was... Is there a possible way to apply multiple patches. Ex: a translation of the english menu/ your english dialog patch.

hahahahaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeah, no need to rush it. Unlike me, I'm sure you have a life
smile.gif
. I also was wondering, is the dialogue similar to the GBC Silver version? If so, it could be useful. (I cant tell, only know basic Japanese)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i bought mine with funtionality and cooling in mind for the most part, and fitting my crappy budget too ofc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We should all tell Xdqwerty when he gets old enough to build his own pc
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got 7 case fans in mine, replaced 4 when some broke cus they ran loud and wonky
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so i bought spares even
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    9 in mine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn things ramp up when it decides to do even a little work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i could fit 9, 2 at bottom i skipped
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Changed them to silent mode in bios helped a little
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont want the bottom fans blowing the gpu fans spinning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem's daughter got married apparently it should've been me :nayps3:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess she got the better fling
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean he did dad's loaded
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    papa eminem approved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grampainem
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored of HD2 lately
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    too burned out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    from gameplay and drama
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep hunting for apps and forget half of them are already widgets on my home screen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    almost everything gets shuved as some taskbar process
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is HD2?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Helldivers 2
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the game has as much bugs ingame as well as in RL
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That games so mixed I hear people praise or say they love it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's both, they love it and hate it just as much
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like we get mixed reviews but that games globally mixed like mj
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like we get mixed reviews but that games globally mixed like mj