XP
Country
Canada

Pwnbear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Its perfectly safe to play online you will only get banned if you cheat in an online game.

2. Its perfectly safe to update that way if the game is for the same region as your 3ds.if the region is different download the update from the Internet and install it exactly the same way as a pirated game using FBI.

Been a long time lurker and just bought the n2ds xl, had the exact question question in mind as well. Thanks for info! ;)

Reactions: AmandaRose

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
Rosalina is now supported on N3DS SAFE_FIRM, including the homebrew launching functionality that comes with it:
[*]This is controlled by a new option in the main Luma menu. That option also enables running 11.3-and-below system versions on N2DS and also allows the system to run even with defective head-tracking hardware
[*]The newest release of the Homebrew Menu needs to be used (it comes bundled with Luma3DS in this release archive). You also need to rebuild all your homebrew with the latest libctru release. Some homebrew may not work, nevertheless
[*]Some Rosalina features may not work properly there (e.g. the brightness and New 3DS submenus

Why would you want or need to do that though?

Last edited by Pickle_Rick,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Code:
Rosalina is now supported on N3DS SAFE_FIRM, including the homebrew launching functionality that comes with it:
[*]This is controlled by a new option in the main Luma menu. That option also enables running 11.3-and-below system versions on N2DS and also allows the system to run even with defective head-tracking hardware
[*]The newest release of the Homebrew Menu needs to be used (it comes bundled with Luma3DS in this release archive). You also need to rebuild all your homebrew with the latest libctru release. Some homebrew may not work, nevertheless
[*]Some Rosalina features may not work properly there (e.g. the brightness and New 3DS submenus

Why would you want or need to do that though?
Who cares?

brenopapito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just bought an used Japanese New 2DS XL, but the original owner changed the region to USA and I can't open Eshop without the 007-2001 error.

I just want to update my original Pokemon Omega Ruby cartridge and use the Pokemon Bank account to move my pokemons.

Is it possible?

Thanks!

*System version: 11.13
**Luma version: 10.2

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought an used Japanese New 2DS XL, but the original owner changed the region to USA and I can't open Eshop without the 007-2001 error.
This is something you should have been told about when you bought the unit.

I just want to update my original Pokemon Omega Ruby cartridge and use the Pokemon Bank account to move my pokemons.
I think you can try to download the update CIA for your region from elsewhere. Pokemon Bank requires you to pay $5 and log in with your NNID, which will be quite impossible. You may consider using PKSM instead depending on your needs.

Also none of this has anything in particular to do with Luma so there is probably a more appropriate thread for these questions.

Reactions: brenopapito

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada

Is it possible?

Thanks!

*System version: 11.13
**Luma version: 10.2

You can also dump your own game using GM9 and install the update (CIA format) using FBI. Just try to find an update file from the same region of your game or use LumaLocaleSwitcher in case the regions are different.

Last edited by tfocosta,
Reactions: brenopapito

brenopapito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is something you should have been told about when you bought the unit.

I think you can try to download the update CIA for your region from elsewhere. Pokemon Bank requires you to pay $5 and log in with your NNID, which will be quite impossible. You may consider using PKSM instead depending on your needs.

Also none of this has anything in particular to do with Luma so there is probably a more appropriate thread for these questions.
No way to eshop work again?

I already have a Pokemon Bank account with the annual subscription. Do you think it is possible to login if I install the Pokemon Bank via FBI?

You can also dump your own game using GM9 and install the update (CIA format) using FBI. Just try to find an update file from the same region of your game or use LumaLocaleSwitcher in case the regions are different.
Will do! How about the Pokemon Bank?

Last edited by brenopapito,

brenopapito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you have an NNID? Because it's practically impossible to log in with a US-based NNID from a Japanese system.
Yes! I have two New 2DS XL. I create a NNID in the first one, bought the Pokemon Bank subscription and transferred some of my pokemons. Now I need to set up the second one to be able to move my pokemons.

Last edited by brenopapito,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes! I have two New 2DS XL. I create a NNID in the first one, bought the Pokemon Bank subscription and transferred some of my pokemons. Now I need to set up the second one to be able to move my pokemons.
This makes no sense. Your Omega Ruby cart is US region, right? Was your first 2DS XL also US-region? Do you not have your first 2DS XL anymore for some reason?

brenopapito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This makes no sense. Your Omega Ruby cart is US region, right? Was your first 2DS XL also US-region? Do you not have your first 2DS XL anymore for some reason?
Yes, I have but was trying to set up this new one for my brother.

Today I returned the Japanese New 2DS and took the money back. Thank you very much for your help!

imso3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well I just installed the CFW according to 3ds.guide and I really want to know the capabilities of what I got (costumer side, less dev side).

so far I installed a custom theme and seems like I need to re-install it every time I take out the SD card, is there any way to save the theme on the internal memory or am I having a certain bug here?

furthermore I wanted to know if I can use a micro SD adapter with a micro SD in it instead of the stock 4GB card, or I need to buy a bigger card?

FAQ links will be more than appreciated, thanks!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I just installed the CFW according to 3ds.guide and I really want to know the capabilities of what I got (costumer side, less dev side).

so far I installed a custom theme and seems like I need to re-install it every time I take out the SD card, is there any way to save the theme on the internal memory or am I having a certain bug here?

furthermore I wanted to know if I can use a micro SD adapter with a micro SD in it instead of the stock 4GB card, or I need to buy a bigger card?

FAQ links will be more than appreciated, thanks!
Nope no way around your theme issue as the 3ds loads themes from the sd card.

Yes a micro sd card and adapter works perfectly fine.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have what's probably a dumb question about updating Luma. I originally installed 10.1.3, including installing to CTRNAND. I updated to Luma 10.2 by replacing boot.firm and boot.3dsx on the root of the SD card, and everything seemed fine, but I can no longer open GM9 by holding Start. Instead, I just get a black screen and have to press the power button several times to make the system turn off. Did I need to install 10.2 to CTRNAND, as well? If so, how can I do that when I can't open GM9 anymore? Do you have to do the CTRNAND update before updating Luma on the SD card?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have what's probably a dumb question about updating Luma. I originally installed 10.1.3, including installing to CTRNAND. I updated to Luma 10.2 by replacing boot.firm and boot.3dsx on the root of the SD card, and everything seemed fine, but I can no longer open GM9 by holding Start. Instead, I just get a black screen and have to press the power button several times to make the system turn off. Did I need to install 10.2 to CTRNAND, as well? If so, how can I do that when I can't open GM9 anymore? Do you have to do the CTRNAND update before updating Luma on the SD card?
Right now thats a known issue with godmode9. You would need to add a second firm payload into the gm9 payloads to bypass that right now.

**Actually. D0k3 has released a beta gm9 which fixes the screeninit issue. Please use https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/tag/v1.9.2pre1 for the gm9 payload

Last edited by lone_wolf323,
Reactions: AleronIves

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks. I thought it was better to avoid the new GM9, since it's only a beta, but I guess 1.9.1 doesn't work with Luma 10.2, so I can't have one without the other (or I guess I could try out the new open AGB as my second firm in the folder).

*edit*

Thanks for the tip, putting a second firm file in the payloads folder got 1.9.1 working again.

Last edited by AleronIves,

Mikef1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Taken from : https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/wiki/Optional-features :

Luma3DS has various optional features that are configurable via its config menu. If this is your first time using Luma3DS or you have updated to a version of Luma3DS with a different config version, the menu will be shown automatically.​

Is there a way to prevent the menu from being shown automatically?

Thank-you, Mike

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit