Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have started "Luma Update" and saw red signs under "current version" instead of the current version (6.3).
Luma Update said there is a new update available so I tried to download it. After download and reboot I am getting the configuration screen where I can choose the points u said like "3ds cpu, show sysnand, etc"..
After saving the settings I just checked the current version of Luma by restarting the Luma Update tool again and there is a note that says "Configuration not found, using default values" and there are still those red signs instead of the current version and there is still a new version available". I dont get what I did wrong.
Untill 6.3 there were never issues like now.

I think I did something wrong by installing the cfw and thats the result. Thats why I asked for a guide to reinstall the whole cfw new and clean without any mistakes.
That is a problema with the Luma Updater and as nothing to do with you're Luma3DS CFW. If youdid what I told you, your Luma3DS will be on the latest release without problems.

There were reports of the updater having issues and some people changed to Star updater for that reason.

All in all, as long as your console is working properly, those red symbols are cosmetic and won't do any harm to the console.

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you update your arm9loaderhax to A9LHv3 using newest version of SafeA9LHinstaller?

I think 6.5 requires A9LHv3 to run, try revert back to Luma 6.3.1 Arm9loaderhax.bin.

I have tried to launch SafeA9LHInstaller but I am getting black screen..
How can I turn back to 6.3.1 Arm9loaderhax.bin?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Did you update your arm9loaderhax to A9LHv3 using newest version of SafeA9LHinstaller?

I think 6.5 requires A9LHv3 to run, try revert back to Luma 6.3.1 Arm9loaderhax.bin.
There's no such thing as A9LHv3.
What as been made now is a Luma SDLess fork.

I have tried to launch SafeA9LHInstaller but I am getting black screen..
How can I turn back to 6.3.1 Arm9loaderhax.bin?
If you want to use the Luma 6.3.1 version follow the same procedure I told you above but use this Luma.7z:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.3.1

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What about SafeA9LHInstaller? Still getting black screen when I launch it.. Is there an update needed or do I get the newest versions when I update Luma?
Don't know about that. Since I haven't updated none of the consoles I have/installed, never runned the latest release of it.

Only thing is: make sure you've done all the prep work properly and with the right files/folders.
Make sure that aeskeydb.bin is inside the /files9 folder, etc..
Also remember you have to be on Luma3DS CFW latest release (v6.5) to do it.

And keep trying???

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't know about that. Since I haven't updated none of the consoles I have/installed, never runned the latest release of it.

Only thing is: make sure you've done all the prep work properly and with the right files/folders.
Make sure that aeskeydb.bin is inside the /files9 folder, etc..
Also remember you have to be on Luma3DS CFW latest release (v6.5) to do it.

And keep trying???

I did the 6.5 update as u said above to be up to date.
After that I insert my SD into my computer and checked "files9" folder but there is none xD
I dont think thats normal, is it?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I did the 6.5 update as u said above to be up to date.
After that I insert my SD into my computer and checked "files9" folder but there is none xD
I dont think thats normal, is it?
In that case, create one on SD root and read the prep work with better eyes:
Copy aeskeydb.bin to the /files9/ folder on your SD card

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In that case, create one on SD root and read the prep work with better eyes:

That was my SD root before. Now I create the files9 folder with the aeskeydb.bin in it.
And thats it?

I also saw that i am booting into Sysnand and not emumand. When I go into 3ds system settings there is no "emu" before the 11.0.0-33E (there is a Sys before)

Attachments

• n3ds.PNG
    n3ds.PNG
    22.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by Sruh,

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
make sure check emúnand settings in luma config when hold select button during booting your new 3DS.

Section III - Configuring Luma3DS
  1. Hold select on boot to enter the Luma3DS menu
  2. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • “Autoboot SysNAND”
    • “Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)”
    • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
  3. If you are using a New 3DS, you should also enable the following:
    • “New 3DS CPU” to “Clock+L2(x)”
    • This will increase the framerate of many games, but may cause instability in others
    • If some games do not work properly, disable this option and try again
  4. Press Start to save and reboot
    • If you get a black screen, just continue to the next section

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
make sure check emúnand settings in luma config when hold select button during booting your new 3DS.

Still booting into Sys 11.0.0-33E and not Emu. I also cant launch Luma3DS with homebrew launcher.
I thought there should be "EMU 11.0.0-33E" when go into system settings o.O

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You don't read much or don't understand really what you have done.
When you installed A9LH, didn't the guide instructed you to remove the emunand???

With A9LH, emunand is obsolete, although you can still use it. And if you don't quite understand this, and you're trying to enter Emunand to launch SafeA9LHInstaller then you better stop before you BRICK your console.

On A9LH, you'll always be doing any updates (FW, Luma3DS, A9LH, etc) on SysNAND. But it's a Custom SysNAND, hence the Luma and A9LH.

And that SD root is clogged with to many unnecessary files (And that otp.bin beeing there is dangerous, if you decide to use that SD on another console).

Please, don't take my words in a wrong way. Only trying to prevent you of doing something bad to the console.

For instance: do you remember how many parts did the guide had by the time you installed A9LH? I'm guessing 5 parts maybe but might be wrong.
You can start by cleaning it to the basics. Then make a clean backup of both a NAND and the SD to a safe place (if anything goes sideways).

After that, you can try to install SDLess version if you feel confident but you'll be writing to CTR-NAND which is dangerous if you don't follow what is written precisely.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Luma Updater is having issues for sure.
It says something no config found, and if you download the latest hourly you get the latest 6.3.1 hourly and not one for 6.5.

Stable download does get the 6.5 version though.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It always says no config found if you don't have a config file for it... You know, like when you put Luma's bin file in another place... *sigh*

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Luma Updater is having issues for sure.
It says something no config found, and if you download the latest hourly you get the latest 6.3.1 hourly and not one for 6.5.

Stable download does get the 6.5 version though.
The Luma Update is working perfectly on my 3DS can upgrade to version 6.5 without giving any error.
You can perform the process manually.

Attachments

• 20161105_232729.jpg
    20161105_232729.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 222

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Luma Update is working perfectly on my 3DS can upgrade to version 6.5 without giving any error.
You can perform the process manually.
Well Luma Updater does work if you only attempt to update to the latest Stable version, it downloads 6.5 normally.
However, problem comes when you try to get the hourly, it gets 6.3.1 hourly and not 6.5's.

Maybe because the server from which the updater gets the hourlies hasn't been updated, that's my guess.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Well Luma Updater does work if you only attempt to update to the latest Stable version, it downloads 6.5 normally.
However, problem comes when you try to get the hourly, it gets 6.3.1 hourly and not 6.5's.

Maybe because the server from which the updater gets the hourlies hasn't been updated, that's my guess.
I prefer to do the manual update only use the Luma Update only when I'm off the PC.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So I just recently found out Luma3DS can be installed to the CTRNAND. I know I am late to the party, but due consider at the time that was announced, ShadowNAND and this version of A9LH. So I just assumed that's what people were talking about and went on my way. Moral of the story, just because I am smart, doesn't mean I know everything.
So moving on. After finding out that it's actually Luma3DS straight up copied to the CTRNAND, "I was like shit! I need that!"
But I do have a few questions
1: Can it be installed with another CFW? As everyone knows, I loves me some corbenik, but I also love the idea of having a CFW on my CTRNAND.
2: Have any of the updaters caught up to this? Basically so I don't have to keep copying the "arm9loaderax.bin" through FBI and just update it through wifi
3: Bootsplashes, do they work?

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just recently found out Luma3DS can be installed to the CTRNAND. I know I am late to the party, but due consider at the time that was announced, ShadowNAND and this version of A9LH. So I just assumed that's what people were talking about and went on my way. Moral of the story, just because I am smart, doesn't mean I know everything.
So moving on. After finding out that it's actually Luma3DS straight up copied to the CTRNAND, "I was like shit! I need that!"
But I do have a few questions
1: Can it be installed with another CFW? As everyone knows, I loves me some corbenik, but I also love the idea of having a CFW on my CTRNAND.
2: Have any of the updaters caught up to this? Basically so I don't have to keep copying the "arm9loaderax.bin" through FBI and just update it through wifi
3: Bootsplashes, do they work?

1. The other CFW needs to support reading and writing from CTRNAND (most try to read from sd card because they still need to catch up to this new sdless boot)

2. For right now, everytime there is an update, you have to copy the new update to CTRNAND using fbi

3. Bootsplashes work. Just place the splash files in /rw/luma on your CTRNAND

Last edited by Aletron9000,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. The other CFW needs to support reading and writing from CTRNAND (most try to read from sd card because they still need to catch up to this new sdless boot)

2. For right now, everytime there is an update, you have to copy the new update to CTRNAND using fbi
I don't you understand, I mean, can I use both Luma on the CTRNAND in conjunction with corbenik on my SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1