Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

You don't have to ask, and it's not opinion. It's fact; you're using up needless space. Also, read my edit, and lets stop the emuNAND vs sysNAND war because flame war isn't needed here even though sysNAND is better #NotAScrub

Reactions: PrometheusG.

takasu27

Trophies
p-7 rosario, santiago city, isabela region 2
XP
Country
good day tempers! with the new sdless a9lh, is it possible to put some payloads and splash screen on ctrnand/rw/luma? i did tried to put custom version and it worked. but how about payload and splash screen? tnx

*edit*

it seems that splash screen works fine, some payloads dont work.

Last edited by takasu27,

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! I have some issue with latest Luma. 3DS game who need reboot (like monster hunter 4 / Gen) and GBA game won't boot anymore. I use a boot manager so I used custom path on luma setting but it's still doesn't work.
My luma boot file is in luma folder, and the path.txt contain only "/luma/Luma3DS.bin" (the path for my boot). It's still doesn't work (custom path on luma option are enabled). I have a black screen when I tried to boot the games ^^" (only those I talked about, so GBA and those who need reboot). No error message, just a black screen (I have to force shut down the console by pressing power button for some second). I use a9lh. I have installed clean AGB and TWB patch like it was said before upgrading to 6.5
Thanks in advance ^^"

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Right now EmuNAND is just a means to bypass the 300 game limit or region change your console without affecting your SysNAND for whatever reason you may want that.
Other than that, CFW SysNAND is way more efficent at everything EmuNAND does. Since you can recover SysNAND from almost every arm11mode brick.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
A question I can put in luma CTRNAND the ARM9-payloads and payloads folders with files that are contained in my SD.

If you have these files

ARM9-payloads
Decrypt9WIP.bin
Hourglass9.bin

payloads
start_C9M.bin

I place these within the CTRNAND to have tools to be able to fix 3ds if a problem occurs.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys could someone maybe help me? I've tried to load the newest update of Luma with the Updater but I got some red signs instead of my current Luma version. The Update didnt work and some other features too.. Now I am thinking about a clean reinstall of the whole CFW with Al9h etc..
Is their a guide for reinstalling the whole system with the newest versions of luma and al9h? I am sorry for my bad englisch. I hope someone here can help me. I am worry about loosing my new 3ds xl T.T

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A question I can put in luma CTRNAND the ARM9-payloads and payloads folders with files that are contained in my SD.

If you have these files

ARM9-payloads
Decrypt9WIP.bin
Hourglass9.bin

payloads
start_C9M.bin

I place these within the CTRNAND to have tools to be able to fix 3ds if a problem occurs.
That won't work unless your boot manager has been modified to be able to read from CTRNAND.

Flyingsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, I haven't updated my luma3ds for a while. Today I wanted to use the newest release with menuhax on 9.2 and downloaded it and installed it. I dragged the boot.3dsx onto the root of my sdcard and started the 3DS. I was greeted by "An error occurred while loading the payload.".
I tried to delete the luma folder on the root of my SDCard, still the same problem.
What could cause this issue.
Sysnand: 9.2
Emunand: 11.2

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys could someone maybe help me? I've tried to load the newest update of Luma with the Updater but I got some red signs instead of my current Luma version. The Update didnt work and some other features too.. Now I am thinking about a clean reinstall of the whole CFW with Al9h etc..
Is their a guide for reinstalling the whole system with the newest versions of luma and al9h? I am sorry for my bad englisch. I hope someone here can help me. I am worry about loosing my new 3ds xl T.T
Delete config.bin inside the luma folder on SD root.
Delete arm9loaderhax.bin from SD root.

Download latest Luma from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.5
Copy the arm9loadehax.bin from the 7z to the SD root.

Put Sd in console, boot and configure as the guide tells you:
    1. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    2. “Autoboot SysNAND”
    • “Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)”
    • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
    1. If you are using a New 3DS, you should also enable the following:
    2. “New 3DS CPU” to “Clock+L2(x)”
    • This will increase the framerate of many games, but may cause instability in others
    • If some games do not work properly, disable this option and try again
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, I haven't updated my luma3ds for a while. Today I wanted to use the newest release with menuhax on 9.2 and downloaded it and installed it. I dragged the boot.3dsx onto the root of my sdcard and started the 3DS. I was greeted by "An error occurred while loading the payload.".
I tried to delete the luma folder on the root of my SDCard, still the same problem.
What could cause this issue.
Sysnand: 9.2
Emunand: 11.2
You also need the arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma on SD root to use it with menuhax.
  • Always copy arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of the SD. You don't need to do anything else if you're using ARM9LoaderHax.
  • If you're using menuhax/browserhax/any other *hax that displays the Homebrew Launcher, also copy the contents of the hax folder to the root of the SD.

Last edited by cravas,
Reactions: Flyingsky

Flyingsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@cravas Thank you now half of my problem is fixed, but I still get a blackscreen now. :x
This is my SDCards content:
a37e07d91e.png

Last edited by Flyingsky,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Delete config.bin inside the luma folder on SD root.
Delete arm9loaderhax.bin from SD root.

Download latest Luma from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.5
Copy the arm9loadehax.bin from the 7z to the SD root.

Put Sd in console, boot and configure as the guide tells you:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You also need the arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma on SD root to use it with menuhax.

@cravas Thank you now half of my problem is fixed, but I still get a blackscreen now. :x
You'll have to tell more so people can try to understand what is wrong.
Black screen when? As soon as you boot? Trying to boot emunand?

Flyingsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes I'm trying to boot an 11.2 Emunand from a 9.2 sysnand with menuhax.
I'm using the boot.3dsx from the luma archive and have the arm9loaderhax.bin now on the root of my SDCard.
I just updated my Emunand today and it was working with the old version of luma3ds. But now I wanted to update to the new version of luma3ds and now it stays black after the boot.3dsx is booted.
The Error screen is gone now.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes I'm trying to boot an 11.2 Emunand from a 9.2 sysnand with menuhax.
I'm using the boot.3dsx from the luma archive and have the arm9loaderhax.bin now on the root of my SDCard.
I just updated my Emunand today and it was working with the old version of luma3ds. But now I wanted to update to the new version of luma3ds and now it stays black after the boot.3dsx is booted.
The Error screen is gone now.
In that case use the previous version of Luma that you had working. https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.3.1

Version 6.5 doesn't work in some conditions that you might have on your sysnand:
Please note that starting with this release, Luma won't support pre-patched FIRMs or other system titles with the same patches Luma does. Common pre-patched titles include NS, Home Menu, TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM (in these cases you will either get a svcBreak in loader or a shutdown when launching DS/GBA games). Clean versions of these titles need to be reinstalled before upgrading (the wiki will be updated with a walkthrough soon™).
OR maybe you can try to boot to Emunand while pressing R on v6.5
Allowed using the FIRM of SysNAND with EmuNAND and vice-versa (booting with R) if not using A9LH.

Flyingsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If only I knew which one this was...
I think it was one from june somewhen.
The 6.3.1 doesn't work either, I just get a black screen, I can't even enter the settings menu by pressing select.
I think it was some nightly when 11.0 came out because of the online functions.

Edit: Okay I got 6.3.1 working now for some reason, I copied my old luma folder back on the SDCard and now the settings menu shows and Emunand boots up. Thank you for your help!

Last edited by Flyingsky,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If only I knew which one this was...
I think it was one from june somewhen.
The 6.3.1 doesn't work either, I just get a black screen, I can't even enter the settings menu by pressing select.
I think it was some nightly when 11.0 came out because of the online functions.
To enter the settings, just delete the config.bin from inside luma folder. On next boot/launch, it will open it.

Do you have in your SD root, a arm9loaderhax.bak? If you do, delete the arm9loaderhax.bin and then rename the *.bak to *.bin

If it still doesn't work, try to launch Luma from homebrew: delete the boot.3dsx of luma on SD root and then copy v6.5 files to SD as said in here:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade

See the first 3 points.

Flyingsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problems are resolved now, I had no arm9loaderhax.bin file on my SDCard at all because my version of luma3ds was really old.
The 6.3.1 worked, after I put the old luma folder on the sdcard. It showed the settings, I set everything as it should be and now it boots again.
Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9HgJ3SgjpA +1