Status
Not open for further replies.

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to format and overwrite the SD with another running Lumasystem of other users and continue using those?

3DSDude_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! Sorry for the noob question, but what does this mean?

Please note that starting with this release, Luma won't support pre-patched FIRMs or other system titles with the same patches Luma does. Common pre-patched titles include NS, Home Menu, TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM (in these cases you will either get a svcBreak in loader or a shutdown when launching DS/GBA games). Clean versions of these titles need to be reinstalled before upgrading

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a "failed to apply 1 FIRM patches" error after updating via starUpdater. I patched clean versions of N3DS AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM before I updated.

3DSDude_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It means that if you have patched any of those APPS previously, Luma won't work.
You'll have to install clean versions of them.

What kind of patches? I don't think it'll be a problem, though... I've never done anything strange with the apps.

Anyway: what should I do to boot Luma without the SD card? Just copy the Luma folder to /rw in the CTRNAND?

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got a "failed to apply 1 FIRM patches" error after updating via starUpdater. I patched clean versions of N3DS AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM before I updated.
Update manually. I had the same issue at first and that's because StarUpdater doens't update to 6.5 but 6.3

Reactions: CeeDee

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What kind of patches? I don't think it'll be a problem, though... I've never done anything strange with the apps.

Anyway: what should I do to boot Luma without the SD card? Just copy the Luma folder to /rw in the CTRNAND?
If you never done anything (or you don't even know what's beeing said) then don't think about it.

To make Luma SDLess, follow this: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/updating-a9lh

You'll have to do it from the beginning (although only Section IV refers to the Luma on CTRNAND)

Reactions: 3DSDude_

3DSDude_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you never done anything (or you don't even know what's beeing said) then don't think about it.

To make Luma SDLess, follow this: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/updating-a9lh

You'll have to do it from the beginning (although only Section IV refers to the Luma on CTRNAND)

Odd... the guide doesn't say to put the otp.bin in the /a9lh folder once you've deleted e replaced all the files. Is that a missing step?

MPLavi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I updated my luma to 6.5 and now i cant open homebrew, emunand and luma are working fine, but when i load homebrew laucher .cia it load and goes black screen, when i try to open trough turning on pressin X and selecting homebrew it goes to emunand and now i cant open homebrew. any help?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The SD-less version of Luma3ds is really sweet. Thanks Aurora! :wub:

It runs smoothly from CTRNAND and i have no problem with DS/GBA titles as i don't have custom modules installed.

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Delete config.bin inside the luma folder on SD root.
Delete arm9loaderhax.bin from SD root.

Download latest Luma from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.5
Copy the arm9loadehax.bin from the 7z to the SD root.

Put Sd in console, boot and configure as the guide tells you:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You also need the arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma on SD root to use it with menuhax.

Is that a guide to update my system or for a new clean install of the whole cfw?

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That are only instructions to update manually the Luma3DS on A9LH which I'm assuming you have.

Still getting just red signs when starting updater after it. I think I did something wrong by installing the cfw thats why I hope that someone has a guide for a fresh clean install of Luma.

Edit: Update wont work and Updater says: Configuration not found, using default values..

Last edited by Sruh,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Still getting just red signs when starting updater after it. I think I did something wrong by installing the cfw thats why I hope that someone has a guide for a fresh clean install of Luma.

Edit: Update wont work and Updater says: Configuration not found, using default values..
What updater???

If you follow those instructions, you'll have the Luma3DS updated.

Or are you refering to a System Update???

Can you explain better what you are trying to do or have done?

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What updater???

If you follow those instructions, you'll have the Luma3DS updated.

Or are you refering to a System Update???

Can you explain better what you are trying to do or have done?

I have started "Luma Update" and saw red signs under "current version" instead of the current version (6.3).
Luma Update said there is a new update available so I tried to download it. After download and reboot I am getting the configuration screen where I can choose the points u said like "3ds cpu, show sysnand, etc"..
After saving the settings I just checked the current version of Luma by restarting the Luma Update tool again and there is a note that says "Configuration not found, using default values" and there are still those red signs instead of the current version and there is still a new version available". I dont get what I did wrong.
Untill 6.3 there were never issues like now.

I think I did something wrong by installing the cfw and thats the result. Thats why I asked for a guide to reinstall the whole cfw new and clean without any mistakes.

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
What 3DS model do you have?

You have to eject your SD out and put it into the computer, deleting config.bin manually then reinsert the SD card back into your 3DS.
It should boot just fine.

Sruh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What 3DS model do you have?

You have to eject your SD out and put it into the computer, deleting config.bin manually then reinsert the SD card back into your 3DS.
It should boot just fine.

N3DS XL

I followed the guide carva shared but still the same.

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Did you update your arm9loaderhax to A9LHv3 using newest version of SafeA9LHinstaller?

I think 6.5 requires A9LHv3 to run, try revert back to Luma 6.3.1 Arm9loaderhax.bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's a kid's vitamin now!