Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

It's possible to boot luma cfw with the browser ? If yes can someone send a link, i searched but i found nothing

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I do the patchchanging thing? I'm a bit confused as to how I go about doing that. Do I just drag/drop the arm9loaderhax.bin to the patcher.exe or do I need to find some sort of "luma.bin"?

Your first guess is right, it's the "arm9loaderhax.bin" that you drag to the .exe file. Then it will open a command window for you to type the name you want. If you were wanting to call it, for example "/a9lh/payloads/Luma3DS.bin" you would type "a9lh/payloads/Luma3DS.bin" (without the leading slash). Once it's done, you would just copy the file to the "/a9lh/payloads" folder on your SD card (creating it if it doesn't exist), and rename the file to "Luma3DS.bin" and it should be able to find itself on reboot.

An interesting trick to do with boot managers that use file names, like Arm9Select and Corbenik's chain loader, is to use two copies. You can rename/move a second copy as much as you want, because it's always pointing to the first. For example, you patch Luma to look for itself at "a9lh/payloads/Luma3DS.bin", and place a copy there, then you copy the same file to, say "/arm9select/default.bin" in the case of Arm9Select. Arm9Select then boots Luma by default. The reboot patches work, because it reboots using the copy in "a9lh/payloads". If you later decide you want to take Luma off default and put it on "A" by renaming "default.bin" to "a.bin", the reboot patches will keep working, because it's still pointing to the copy in the "a9lh/payloads" folder, not itself. I'm not sure how useful that will be to you, but there's probably some that will find it interesting.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting problem.

I'm on Luma 5.5 on N3DS, but it seems to randomly detect 3DS or DS games. And sometimes it'll detect the game, but if I put in sleep mode and then wake it up, the DS game goes away.

I didn't have this problem before going to Luma, does anyone have any suggestion as to what this could be?

Last edited by Tigran,

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you know if it's possible to add a background image in the config screen (Select) ?
Could be possible, but the result will be ugly in the current state of things (that, and we assume the background is dark).

JerryX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I get the immediate error screen unless I use slot-1 launcher. I have a very old Acekard 2i, one that doesn't have shovelware icons and no 3ds sticker on it

By shovelware icons, I mean the Acekard has its own icon

ab0QYCF.jpg

Reactions: Februarysn0w

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Your first guess is right, it's the "arm9loaderhax.bin" that you drag to the .exe file. Then it will open a command window for you to type the name you want. If you were wanting to call it, for example "/a9lh/payloads/Luma3DS.bin" you would type "a9lh/payloads/Luma3DS.bin" (without the leading slash). Once it's done, you would just copy the file to the "/a9lh/payloads" folder on your SD card (creating it if it doesn't exist), and rename the file to "Luma3DS.bin" and it should be able to find itself on reboot.

An interesting trick to do with boot managers that use file names, like Arm9Select and Corbenik's chain loader, is to use two copies. You can rename/move a second copy as much as you want, because it's always pointing to the first. For example, you patch Luma to look for itself at "a9lh/payloads/Luma3DS.bin", and place a copy there, then you copy the same file to, say "/arm9select/default.bin" in the case of Arm9Select. Arm9Select then boots Luma by default. The reboot patches work, because it reboots using the copy in "a9lh/payloads". If you later decide you want to take Luma off default and put it on "A" by renaming "default.bin" to "a.bin", the reboot patches will keep working, because it's still pointing to the copy in the "a9lh/payloads" folder, not itself. I'm not sure how useful that will be to you, but there's probably some that will find it interesting.

Ok, here's what I just did:
I patched the arm9loaderhax.bin. In the command window I put in: arm9loaderhax
I deleted the existing arm9loaderhax.bin on my SD card and replaced it with this one.

Here's what's happening NOW:

DS Download Play: Hang on Black Screen
DS Wi-Fi settings: Hang on Black Screen
The following are RETAIL CARTRIDGES (not roms, not a flash card, etc)
WarioWare Touched!: "An Error has Occurred"
Super Mario 64 DS: "An Error has Occurred"
New Super Mario Bros: "An Error has Occurred"
Pokemon Black: Hangs on Black Screen.

There is nothing wrong with the cartridges as they work on both my DSi and non-modded new 3DS XL just fine.

Did I do something wrong?
Was I soposta leave the arm9loaderhax.bin alone, and just have the patched arm9loaderhax in a new folder, with a new name?

Before I did this, Super Mario 64 DS would hang on a black screen like Pokemon Black does now, so something changed.

It should be noted that Pokemon Black is a DSi enhanced game.

Last edited by DJ91990,

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I do the patchchanging thing? I'm a bit confused as to how I go about doing that. Do I just drag/drop the arm9loaderhax.bin to the patcher.exe or do I need to find some sort of "luma.bin"?
there's a pathchanger program...this *shouldn't* be your problem though. GBA games work, and I think you said something like Smash worked right? If it was a path issue (which it could be were you using a bootloader) those wouldn't work.

If you're wondering, it's something to do with how Luma has to reset the console into different hardware modes to run GBA games, and Smash on o3ds. Luma needs to know where it's located if it's not in the default place so it can do that properly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did I do something wrong?
Was I soposta leave the arm9loaderhax.bin alone, and just have the patched arm9loaderhax in a new folder, with a new name?
if I got you right earlier, you aren't using a bootloader right? Just put an arm9loaderhax.bin on there that hasn't been through the path changer. If you aren't using a bootloader, you don't need it.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
it's a separate question, just wondering how do i go about running them, under emulation or straight up install as cia files

DS = via flashart, no emulation or CIA
GBA: emulation (crappy performance and compatibility) or CIA files. You can convert gba roms to CIA: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

just don't patch anything and use Luma3DS. It patches it for you.

There's also a big collection of GBA CIAs in a certain ISO site... google that.

Emulation has nothing to do with cias

how do i go about running them, under emulation or straight up install as cia files

OR

Reactions: jjmicmic

ederenzi78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
I've probably found a bug in Luma3DS (it could actually be not a proper bug but a missing patch). I've got an EUR 3DS with A9LH+Luma3DS on SysNand and I've installed the Sega 3D Classics Collection (USA) using CIAangel. In order for the game to work properly on an EURO system, I created a file in the "locales" directory with the TitleID specificing "USA EN": without it, the game always fails to save. Now it all works correctly BUT if a click on the Manul button for the game in the Home Menu I get a "SW is corrupted. Redownload from eShop" message. I don't know if it's something related to the game (but I don't think so, as other out of region games which don't need a "locales" file work correctly) or a missing feature in Luma.
Thanks!

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys is it true that you get better battery life without the emunand? And if yes how much is it? I mean is it worth it to change?

BadBoyXxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how i can startet a decrypt9? i put it on playloads as default but dont startet with start can someone help me please

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has you the decrypt9.bin renamed as start_Dec9.bin When no, than do it and Put it in the Payload Folder.

Shut Down your Ds Hold Start and Power On

8bit-beard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to apologize for the question right now. (That's always a good sign, right?)

I'm new to Luma3DS. Just started using v5.5 when I did the AL9H stuff. Is there a Wiki or Github or FAQ or twitter account somewhere that just says: "Tested with 11.0.whatever, it's safe to system update."?

Thanks in advance.

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to apologize for the question right now. (That's always a good sign, right?)

I'm new to Luma3DS. Just started using v5.5 when I did the AL9H stuff. Is there a Wiki or Github or FAQ or twitter account somewhere that just says: "Tested with 11.0.whatever, it's safe to system update."?

Thanks in advance.
If on A9LH, you can update sysnand anyway you like. Unless ninty decides to brick 3DSs, go wide ahead.
EDIT:ninja'd

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Thanks in advance.
With A9LH you should be safe unless Nintendo find a way around the FIRM protection.
But the safe way it to just wait a few hours and come here and check/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/