Status
Not open for further replies.

ad1gjm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
anyone can use gateway after aureinand a9lh?
I'm using n3ds sysnand 10.7 aureinand a9lh & emunand 9.2
I tried boot from 9.0 firm - browserhax - hbl - select GW from there cant load anything
test on sysnand 10.7 - open hbllauncher cia - select GW from there also cant load
please help. thanks

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So is this hard to do?

I have no idea where to start, otherwise I would do it myself
Do what? ARM11 background process? It needs reverse engineering ARM11 kernel to allow an extra process, and actually making and injecting the process before firmlaunch. I might be able to make said process (after all, it's all public in the FMP source), but I can't do the RE part.

D

Deleted User

anyone can use gateway after aureinand a9lh?
I'm using n3ds sysnand 10.7 aureinand a9lh & emunand 9.2
I tried boot from 9.0 firm - browserhax - hbl - select GW from there cant load anything
test on sysnand 10.7 - open hbllauncher cia - select GW from there also cant load
please help. thanks

Does that even work? I was under the impression that if you wanted to launch GW, you had to do it from sysNAND as emuNAND already had patches and memory movement so GW would just crash.

Reactions: mvmiranda

Shuttleu

Trophies
XP
Country
Do what? ARM11 background process? It needs reverse engineering ARM11 kernel to allow an extra process, and actually making and injecting the process before firmlaunch. I might be able to make said process (after all, it's all public in the FMP source), but I can't do the RE part.
I was under the impression it was just ram changes, at no point have I seen anyone say that it would need a new process.

Sorry if what I'm asking for is hard, but I'm not "expecting" anyone to do it. But if you don't ask you don't receive, worst case you just get told no.

Reactions: fr3quency

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's more, to change said ram values requires Arm11 kernel to do it without breaking other things (a running process to make changes)

That also then means other nice things are possible.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was under the impression it was just ram changes, at no point have I seen anyone say that it would need a new process.

Sorry if what I'm asking for is hard, but I'm not "expecting" anyone to do it. But if you don't ask you don't receive, worst case you just get told no.
You need a process to do said RAM changes (that code doesn't yet exist before launching FIRM - which is all AuReiNand currently does, so you need to patch FIRM to allow an extra ARM11 process then inject the process, before launching FIRM. Then the process will patch Home Menu or whatever you want it to).

Reactions: Gcentrex

Shuttleu

Trophies
XP
Country
You need a process to do said RAM changes (that code doesn't yet exist before launching FIRM - which is all AuReiNand currently does, so you need to patch FIRM before launching it to allow an extra ARM11 process, then inject the process before launching FIRM. Then the process will patch Home Menu or whatever you want it to).
I see, thank you for explaining.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a few questions.

First off, how do I go about using external A9LH payloads? Like, can I just rename the latest Decrypt9WIP.bin to y.bin and place it in the payloads folder and holding the corresponding button along with L and R will it load properly? Or is there certain payloads made for A9LH that I'm supposed to use?

Also I followed the instructions on Github for using a splash screen on boot, but all I get is a glitchy flash on the far left of my screen. I resized a JPG picture to 320×240 and renamed it to splashbottom.bin. Was that the proper way to go about it?

EDIT: I am of course referencing the latest update to AuReiNAND.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is this a fix for the rare black screen from opening your 3DS lid from sleep? If so, thank you :bow:
No, that's a problem that some user experienced in this thread, basically the program randomly failed to mount the SD card and black-screened.

I've got a few questions.

First off, how do I go about using external A9LH payloads? Like, can I just rename the latest Decrypt9WIP.bin to y.bin and place it in the payloads folder and holding the corresponding button along with L and R will it load properly? Or is there certain payloads made for A9LH that I'm supposed to use?

Also I followed the instructions on Github for using a splash screen on boot, but all I get is a glitchy flash on the far left of my screen. I resized a JPG picture to 320×240 and renamed it to splashbottom.bin. Was that the proper way to go about it?

EDIT: I am of course referencing the latest update to AuReiNAND.
Yes, and no, you need to convert it.

Also, I updated the first post.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright , I am using @FIX94 fork of A9LH which does not have screen init. I created the payloads directory inside of the rei folder. When I press L+R+Select with select being Decrypt9WIP.bin renamed to select.bin I am just getting black screen. Can you enlighten me as to where I am messing up?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Aurora Wright , I am using @FIX94 fork of A9LH which does not have screen init. I created the payloads directory inside of the rei folder. When I press L+R+Select with select being Decrypt9WIP.bin renamed to select.bin I am just getting black screen. Can you enlighten me as to where I am messing up?
Except it does have screen init but the brightness is set to zero. You can really only use his fork with the official arm9select...

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So just change to delebile fork of arm9loaderhax?
Yeah. I keep my own fork which doesn't have screen init but has all the recent changes (auto-shutdown if no SD, etc.) but I'm not sure if people would be interested, and if it working on my two consoles makes it safe to use (I'd rather not brick people's 3DSes)

D

Deleted User

I LOVE AuReiNand! It's so simple but it's easy to bring out all the features- especially in A9LH! Thanks for the mod!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1