Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but as I explained it a few days ago, I prefer to boot my payload using L+R. :P

prefer booting with L+R+additional button over say hold just select and boot the very same payload. That's cool.

The only time I have to hold multiple buttons to boot anything is using menuhax to load gateway in which I hold L+ D Pad Down to launch.

Edit: Let me say I love AuReiNand I just choose to use arm9select for payload loading for less button presses and the fact that I currently have @FIX94 arm9loaderhax installed which sets backlight to 0. AuReiNand does not work with this fork of arm9loaderhax for payload chain loading. So ultimately I chose this setup so as not to flash for a 5th time another arm9loaderhax.

Last edited by stl25,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmz, What other payloads are there besides Decrypt9, EmuNAND9 and OTPHelper?

I only use Uncart and Decrypt9WIP. I hold select only for Uncart and start only for Decrypt9WIP. On N3DS trying to hold L+R+ another button and pressing power is a little difficult for some I think. Not speaking for the masses (hence the word some)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He means load the arm9select and have the default payload be AuReiNAND

Thanks @astronautlevel . Yes I just use arm9select to load all payloads. AuReiNand 3.9 does incorportate alot of arm9select functionality however it cannot deal with A9LH when backlight is set to 0 as @FIX94 A9LH does. He (@FIX94) uses the _bl files to determine when backlight is needed or desired. AuReiNand does not.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
prefer booting with L+R+additional button over say hold just select and boot the very same payload. That's cool.

The only time I have to hold multiple buttons to boot anything is using menuhax to load gateway in which I hold L+ D Pad Down to launch.

Edit: Let me say I love AuReiNand I just choose to use arm9select for payload loading for less button presses and the fact that I currently have @FIX94 arm9loaderhax installed which sets backlight to 0. AuReiNand does not work with this fork of arm9loaderhax for payload chain loading. So ultimately I chose this setup so as not to flash for a 5th time another arm9loaderhax.

I see your point here, I just feel more comfortable avoiding intermediate payloads.
I love the idea of having only one payload to boot everything and AuReiNand can provide it and that's nice, but yea, I'll probably switch back to Arm9Select because I don't have the choice. Even if I'll probably edit it to boot payloads from /rei/payloads.
Too bad that AuReiNand chainloading does not increase backlight. It would solve the whole thing.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see your point here, I just feel more comfortable avoiding intermediate payloads.
I love the idea of having only one payload to boot everything and AuReiNand can provide it and that's nice, but yea, I'll probably switch back to Arm9Select because I don't have the choice. Even if I'll probably edit it to boot payloads from /rei/payloads.
Too bad that AuReiNand chainloading does not increase backlight. It would solve the whole thing.

I tried in the arm9select thread to suggest this possible change to AuReiNand but I somehow came across as a whining jerk. I do not demand anything of @Aurora Wright I just made the suggestion that if arm9select's full functionality was included in AuReiNand it would encompass all forks of arm9loaderhax and achieve a more universal result in the process. I say again the only thing missing currently from the AuReiNand loader is that it cannot handle A9LH when backlight set to 0, so why not use something similar to @FIX94 did with the _bl files to tell the loader what payloads require the backlight to be turned on.

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so with the new release I can't start Decrypt9 anymore. I placed it as default.bin and it just stucks on black screen. I also placed it as down.bin, but booting with D-Pad Down just starts sysnand.
What can I do about it? Thank you.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so with the new release I can't start Decrypt9 anymore. I placed it as default.bin and it just stucks on black screen. I also placed it as down.bin, but booting with D-Pad Down just starts sysnand.
What can I do about it? Thank you.
You'd need to hold L + R + Down to launch the D-Pad.
What branch of a9lh are you using?

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
You'd need to hold L + R + Down to launch the D-Pad.
What branch of a9lh are you using?
Oh! Same effect as just L+R tho.
Delebile's one.
I tried placing that little payload that turns 3ds off when you press a as a default.bin. Still no luck, black screens, no turning off.
Decrypt9 was, actually, working with earlier release of AuReiNand.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried in the arm9select thread to suggest this possible change to AuReiNand but I somehow came across as a whining jerk. I do not demand anything of @Aurora Wright I just made the suggestion that if arm9select's full functionality was included in AuReiNand it would encompass all forks of arm9loaderhax and achieve a more universal result in the process. I say again the only thing missing currently from the AuReiNand loader is that it cannot handle A9LH when backlight set to 0, so why not use something similar to @FIX94 did with the _bl files to tell the loader what payloads require the backlight to be turned on.

Am I wrong if I tell that EVERY payloads except CFW need backlight? I may be wrong but I have this thought... Decrypt9 needs it, OTPHelper also needs it, I think that Uncart too..
(I'm currently editing arm9select, it will boot payloads from /rei/payloads and if backlight has to be enable for everything, as I don't use CFW except AuReiNand, I may just remove the needs of *_bl files to just activate the backlight if there is a *.bin file...)

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I wrong if I tell that EVERY payloads except CFW need backlight? I may be wrong but I have this thought... Decrypt9 needs it, OTPHelper also needs it, I think that Uncart too..
(I'm currently editing arm9select, it will boot payloads from /rei/payloads and if backlight has to be enable for everything, as I don't use CFW except AuReiNand, I may just remove the needs of *_bl files to just activate the backlight if there is a *.bin file...)

You are correct. The main reason @FIX94 created it is that if you choose not to use a splash screen the LCD initializes twice before loading CFW. To combat this he set backlight to zero and used the _bl files to turn on backlight when needed. I see your point as more payloads require it than not. It is just for a more pleasant looking boot if you have no splash. Functionality though is where I made my point. Arm9select works regardless A9LH install (with or without backlight)

Reactions: astronautlevel

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I just recopied all payloads AGAIN and it suddenly working now. IDK what was that, maybe something interfering with wifi. Thanks anyway!

Reactions: astronautlevel

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me apologize to anyone who may feel I am trying to claim arm9select master race. That is not intent. Some people and I emphasize some, do not use the splash screen (if you do this will not apply). It seems @FIX94 was one of those people. This was his solution to the backlight on off on again he was seeing on booting AuReiNand. His solution if fully integrated into AuReiNand would still give people the power to choose splash or no splash without affecting functionality in any way. I just stated that how AuReiNand loader.bin is currently setup does not give someone with @FIX94 A9LH installed the power to choose. They would have to install a different A9LH with backlight. I just felt it easier to over time incorporate this into AuReiNand rather than tell users to change A9LH to one with backlight. Which seems less dangerous for the end user.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are correct. The main reason @FIX94 created it is that if you choose not to use a splash screen the LCD initializes twice before loading CFW. To combat this he set backlight to zero and used the _bl files to turn on backlight when needed. I see your point as more payloads require it than not. It is just for a more pleasant looking boot if you have no splash. Functionality though is where I made my point. Arm9select works regardless A9LH install (with or without backlight)

Yea, I don't use splash, it may looks nice but it feels less clean than real coldboot.

Code:
u16 padInput = ~(*(u16*)0x10146000);
        if((padInput & (1<<0)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/a.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/a.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<1)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/b.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/b.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<2)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/select.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/select.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<3)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/start.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/start.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<4)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/right.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/right.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<5)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/left.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/left.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<6)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/up.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/up.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<7)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/down.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/down.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<8)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/r.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/r.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<9)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/l.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/l.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<10)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/x.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/x.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<11)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/y.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/y.bin");
        else if(tryLoadFile("/rei/CFW.bin"))
        {
                jump();

It'll boot CFW.bin if no buttons are pressed, otherwise it will boot any payloads named after the buttons AND activate the backlight, no need to use a _bl file.

Just compiled it, working great. But it would be better if it was included into AuReiNand. FIX94 had a wonderful idea, really and people seems to ignore it a bit, even if it is just waaay cleaner.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I don't use splash, it may looks nice but it feels less clean than real coldboot.

Code:
u16 padInput = ~(*(u16*)0x10146000);
        if((padInput & (1<<0)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/a.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/a.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<1)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/b.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/b.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<2)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/select.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/select.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<3)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/start.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/start.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<4)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/right.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/right.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<5)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/left.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/left.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<6)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/up.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/up.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<7)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/down.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/down.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<8)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/r.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/r.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<9)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/l.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/l.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<10)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/x.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/x.bin");
        else if((padInput & (1<<11)) && tryLoadFile("/rei/payloads/y.bin"))
            jumpAndTryEnableBL("/rei/payloads/y.bin");
        else if(tryLoadFile("/rei/CFW.bin"))
        {
                jump();

It'll boot CFW.bin if no buttons are pressed, otherwise it will boot any payloads named after the buttons AND activate the backlight, no need to use a _bl file.

Just compiled it, working great. But it would be better if it was included into AuReiNand. FIX94 had a wonderful idea, really and people seems to ignore it a bit, even if it is just waaay cleaner.

I'm confused. Are you using arm9select or the AuReiNand loader.bin? Without the _bl files how does the backlight turn on?

Here is @Aurora Wright's quote to me earlier in the thread about this:

@Aurora Wright , I am using @FIX94 fork of A9LH which does not have screen init. I created the payloads directory inside of the rei folder. When I press L+R+Select with select being Decrypt9WIP.bin renamed to select.bin I am just getting black screen. Can you enlighten me as to where I am messing up?
Except it does have screen init but the brightness is set to zero. You can really only use his fork with the official arm9select...

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm confused. Are you using arm9select or the AuReiNand loader.bin? Without the _bl files how does the backlight turn on?

Here is @Aurora Wright's quote to me earlier in the thread about this:

@Aurora Wright , I am using @FIX94 fork of A9LH which does not have screen init. I created the payloads directory inside of the rei folder. When I press L+R+Select with select being Decrypt9WIP.bin renamed to select.bin I am just getting black screen. Can you enlighten me as to where I am messing up?
Except it does have screen init but the brightness is set to zero. You can really only use his fork with the official arm9select...

I'm talking about arm9select here.
With this small modification, instead of searching for y_bl for example, it loads y.bin and it search for y.bin to enable the backlight.
It avoid the multiplication of flags everywhere, when you can just put the *.bin and that's it.

I decided to load CFW.bin from the rei folder: This file replaces the "default.bin".

To sum up:
Put AuReiNand (renamed CFW.bin) into /rei
Payloads go into /rei/payloads (named them y.bin, x.bin, start.bin, etc...)
No more "*_bl" flags: The bin files act as flags.

This is entirely FIX94 work as usual. ;)

Attachments

• arm9loaderhax.bin.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: stl25

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about arm9select here.
With this small modification, instead of searching for y_bl for example, it loads y.bin and it search for y.bin to enable the backlight.
It avoid the multiplication of flags everywhere, when you can just put the *.bin and that's it.

I decided to load CFW.bin from the rei folder: This file replaces the "default.bin".

To sum up:
Put AuReiNand (renamed CFW.bin) into /rei
Payloads go into /rei/payloads (named them y.bin, x.bin, start.bin, etc...)
No more "*_bl" flags: The bin files act as flags.

This is entirely FIX94 work as usual. ;)

I will test, and it sounds like what I was asking @Aurora Wright to incorporate into AuReiNand's loader.bin.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Ekaitz,

1 word

PERFECT

Ah can't help myself. No _bl files and only 1 button press required. Sleek,sexy,awesome.

Last edited by stl25,
Reactions: Ekaitz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: