• Views 2,476,932
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

pedrosa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
@fiveighteen That's even stranger :huh:
I tried it with Pullblox World, but I'm going to try with a different game and report back.

Edit:
I tried a different SD card and it worked flawlessly so I think it was some kind of error in the config file after loading the latest beta with an old cfg from 0.2. I tried again from scratch and padcon worked on every game I tested so far: Captain Toad, Super Mario Maker, Starfox Zero, Pullblox World, etc.

Thank you very much to Dimok, Cyan and everyone involved in Loadiine and the Homebrew Launcher.

Last edited by pedrosa,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fiveighteen That's even stranger :huh:
I tried it with Pullblox World, but I'm going to try with a different game and report back.

Edit:
I tried a different SD card and it worked flawlessly so I think it was some kind of error in the config file after loading the latest beta with an old cfg from 0.2. I tried again from scratch and padcon worked on every game I tested so far: Captain Toad, Super Mario Maker, Starfox Zero, Pullblox World, etc.

Thank you very much to Dimok, Cyan and everyone involved in Loadiine and the Homebrew Launcher.
Ah, I did transfer my old config in from v0.1.. that definitely could have done it. I was hesitant to do it and then forget all about it possibly causing issues. Good call.

buda81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You make it sound like gx2 compresses the extracted .wud.
would be awesome if it did or even read a wud file, but wud files are dumps of the disk in it's full size vs. only the files. I prefer to load a small folder on my sd card. And we are going off topic. stop posting useless complaints.

Last edited by buda81,

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would be awesome if it did or even read a wud file, but wud files are dumps of the disk in it's full size vs. only the files. I prefer to load a small folder on my sd card. And we are going off topic. stop posting useless complaints.
I agree with you, why should we use a 25GB file instead of using a 1.5GB file as is the case of Super Mario 3D World, is something ridiculous, maybe this guy is using the CEMU and need more support than currently receives, the truth is that I tell you better make a thread requesting that the CEMU can somehow someday use the format used by Loadiine, so we all save a lot of space in our SD or computers.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with you, why should we use a 25GB file instead of using a 1.5GB file as is the case of Super Mario 3D World, is something ridiculous, maybe this guy is using the CEMU and need more support than currently receives, the truth is that I tell you better make a thread requesting that the CEMU can somehow someday use the format used by Loadiine, so we all save a lot of space in our SD or computers.

I don't have the money much less the hardware to run cemu.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the money much less the hardware to run cemu.
So then why are you bitching about Loadiine GX2 not being able to run WUD files? A WUD is just a container, like a ZIP folder without compression and a lot of wasted space. You extract the files out of it, eliminate the filler space, and you run those with Loadiine GX2. There's no need for WUD.

Reactions: KiiWii and buda81

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm pretty sure CEMU supports loading rpx files directly.

Reactions: KiiWii

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems one of the biggest problems is the loading times, mostly caused by many (thousands) of small files in some games. In the SFZ thread we've been repacking the .cpk files to include these files in one large archive, rather than leave them bare in the directory trees, which speeds things up considerably. It is pretty amazing that the program executables were written to accommodate for this difference.

Regardless, it got me thinking that one of the biggest problems reading off an SD card must be the random access speed. Similar to how we had a wbfs back in the day for Wii, could it be done (or would it improve anything) to have a proprietary file system or proprietary file formats such as wud files (minus all the encryption and wasted space) such that random access times could be mitigated? The transfer speed of the SD card slot itself does seem to be the bottleneck when games are limited to large files

Reactions: MattKimura

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where can i get a 2d cover of fast racing neo?
eShop games don't have box art. I made a custom one for that game, though. It's nothing great but it works
WFSP02.png

tanglangxia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It seems one of the biggest problems is the loading times, mostly caused by many (thousands) of small files in some games. In the SFZ thread we've been repacking the .cpk files to include these files in one large archive, rather than leave them bare in the directory trees, which speeds things up considerably. It is pretty amazing that the program executables were written to accommodate for this difference.

Regardless, it got me thinking that one of the biggest problems reading off an SD card must be the random access speed. Similar to how we had a wbfs back in the day for Wii, could it be done (or would it improve anything) to have a proprietary file system or proprietary file formats such as wud files (minus all the encryption and wasted space) such that random access times could be mitigated? The transfer speed of the SD card slot itself does seem to be the bottleneck when games are limited to large files
No cpk file of the game, such as: Super Mario 3D World, The Legend OF Zelda Twilight Princess HD
How to get fragmented files repackaged .cpk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol