how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You're including the rom data for each of those games in your github... That goes against open source and the rules of this forum. Unless I'm mistaken and there are royalty-free recreations of these games that work in emulators.
this is not open source, it isnt free software either, it is simply unlicensed software with the source code out there. if it were licensed with something like a Google Chromium Open Source license it would be Open source, if it was licensed something like GPL then it would be free software. but this is neither, it is completely unlicensed

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, but I mean, I'm complety lost at self hosting, and how to make everything run,
There are stickies for that ;)

EDIT: From here:
How do I host my own exploits/files on a PC?
Firmware Version Required:
5.3.2, 5.4.0​
Downloads:
Windows, Linux, OSX: Mongoose Free v5.6 (Choose "Mongoose Binary")
Windows: Mini Web

Mongoose is my preferred option, but seems to cause some issues for some.

Mini Web is another lightweight option to use on your Windows PC. The only differences are that you can't set your folder; everything has to go into MiniWeb's htdocs folder, and it uses port 8000 instead of port 8080. If you have Skype running, you'll have to close it before starting MiniWeb, then can open it again. (There may be other programs that also use port 8000).

There are, of course, many additional ways you can self-host files (WAMP, XAMPP, etc.), but these are the easiest to set up (no installations). The guide will refer to Mongoose for all steps, but substitute for whatever you are using when necessary.

Windows:
1. Double-click on mongoose-free-5.6.exe to start it

2. Right-click on the Mongoose icon in your status bar
3. Click "Set shared directory:" and choose the folder you have your files in
4. Right-click on the Mongoose icon in your status bar again
5. Click "Go to my address: <URL HERE>"
If it loads, congrats! It's working.
Note the URL, this is what you'll be typing into your Wii U.
OSX:
1. Place your downloaded Wii U hacks in a folder wherever you like and copy Mongoose to that folder

2. Go into "System Preferences/Sharing" and enable file sharing
3. Add the folder where everything is located (from Step 1) to your "Shared Folder" by clicking on the +
4. Click on "Options" and make sure you share files using both SMS and AFP
5. Double-click on the Mongoose app in your hacks folder to start it
6. Click on the Mongoose icon at the top right corner of your screen and select "Go to my address: <URL HERE>"
If it loads, congrats! It's working.
Note the URL, this is what you'll be typing into your Wii U.​
FAQ:
Right-click on Mongoose and click Exit. Then restart it and try again. If you're on Windows, make sure you allow the connection to go through your Windows Firewall by going to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps" and adding mongoose-free-5.6.exe to the list. Make sure it has check marks for Private and Public.

Last edited by rw-r-r_0644,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is awesome. Keep up the great work!

Now we have kernel for 5.5.X can this now include sound and SD access?

Loadiine accesses SD card for covers and music, HBL loaded legs from SD: it should be doable for ROMs?

Edit: legs = elfs... <auto correct>

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: brienj

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome. Keep up the great work!

Now we have kernel for 5.5.X can this now include sound and SD access?

Loadiine accesses SD card for covers and music, HBL loaded legs from SD: it should be doable for ROMs?
Are you reading my mind? The cool thing is that it can be redone so that you can supply the roms yourself on the sdcard, and I can have a menu similar to Loadiine for covers and such.

I can't add sound to this particular emulator though, because this one never had sound in the original source code. I mean, technically I could add the APU stuff, but it would be easier using an emulator that already has the APU emulated.

Last edited by brienj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)